ANOTHER Short Plat List?!?!?!

This is the same developer as Bread Pub  Brawlers, and looks just as shit. After BPB was bad they just moved to making avatars and themes for the last 3 years. This looks like they've just stuck their avatar art into a shitty cash in game. 

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

2008: "Hey, I got a platinum trophy!" - - "Oh wow, that's tough, what game did you get it in?"

2017: "Hey, I got a platinum trophy!" - - "Ah, probably in My Name is Mayo or something silly? I heard for no reason that game has two repeat lists too!"

Please stop with the slow devaluation of the platinum trophy Sony.

they already have no value can they go into the negative?

I don't understand the issue. Doesn't really matter how many trophies there are, only what needs to be done to get them. I'd much rather have a list with 15 trophies, but makes you do everything in the game and takes a good 100+ hours, than a list with 50 trophies that you can get in 1 hour doing basically nothing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

they already have no value can they go into the negative?

Their value isn't actual value like physical or monetary, but they do have a value as far as sense of achievement - they are the ultimate reward in a game. With it you can show people very quickly what you've done in your gaming lifetime, and with games like this it would make their value as far as sense of achievement goes, less valuable as more of these games flood the PlayStation Store.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maxie Mouse said:

This shouldn't have any plat, period.

33 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Please stop with the slow devaluation of the platinum trophy Sony.

I disagree. A platinum is simply a trophy signifying the earning of every other trophy of the base game's trophy list and that is its value. "bad" games deserve them every bit as "good" games as long as they're on a sony console. The fact that sony didn't require it from the start and still doesn't require them is strange, especially with games that have dlc trophies.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 4

I just watched the trailer and have no idea what I was actually watching. I expect something like this out of a Greenlight/early access Steam game but this is just ridiculous to have a on a home console. My Name is Mayo was a little different because it was 99¢. If this is only a 99¢ too that is one thing anything more than that is too much for something like this. Posting the trailer as reference.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

I disagree. A platinum is simply a trophy signifying the earning of every other trophy of the base game's trophy list and that is its value. "bad" games deserve them every bit as "good" games as long as they're on a sony console. The fact that sony didn't require it from the start and still doesn't require them is strange, especially with games that have dlc trophies.

I agree that all games should have a platinum (I don't see why not) but doesn't the fact that Sony consciously decided not to give every game a platinum add value to it as Blind Mango said?

Very very easy games like this should probably just be a 100%, I remember back in the day Sony said that a game has a Platinum (or not) due to price. More expensive games have a Platinum and budget games or cheaper games only have a 100%

However it seems that rule is completely out the window, first time I thought it was odd that PS3 Plants VS Zombies was a 100% and Vita Plants VS Zombies had a Platinum, despite both games being almost identical and the price being the same.

Now the flood gates have opened, very easy platinums and still (in my opinion) full price games such as Resident Evil 4 and Sine Mora, time consuming or hard still only getting PSN 100%, not to mention that eventually AAA games become cheap as chips as if they were budget games. Last week Sonic Mania was released, it's practically a full price game, but with no Platinum.

I wish Sony would 100% confirm what the hell makes a game require a Platinum, the logic has gone out the window at this point. If Aabs Animals came out today instead of 4 years ago, would that have a Platinum as well ?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

It looks like they are even marketing it towards trophy hunters, if their Twitter is anything to go by.

ySyk9Db.png

There's a couple hundred thousand of trophy hunters at least. Chances are if the price is right and with a plat, everyone of us will buy the game whether its crap. Trophy sales.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Very very easy games like this should probably just be a 100%, I remember back in the day Sony said that a game has a Platinum (or not) due to price. More expensive games have a Platinum and budget games or cheaper games only have a 100%

However it seems that rule is completely out the window, first time I thought it was odd that PS3 Plants VS Zombies was a 100% and Vita Plants VS Zombies had a Platinum, despite both games being almost identical and the price being the same.

Now the flood gates have opened, very easy platinums and still (in my opinion) full price games such as Resident Evil 4 and Sine Mora, time consuming or hard still only getting PSN 100%, not to mention that eventually AAA games become cheap as chips as if they were budget games. Last week Sonic Mania was released, it's practically a full price game, but with no Platinum.

I wish Sony would 100% confirm what the hell makes a game require a Platinum, the logic has gone out the window at this point. If Aabs Animals came out today instead of 4 years ago, would that have a Platinum as well ?!

I also want a confirmation from Sony. Everything is out of logic in my mind about their policies and decisions.

• Like 1

I love how everyone's bitching and moaning about the degradation of the platinum system and the flood of easy plats in recent years in this thread when we have literally no fucking idea if this is actually easy or not. Based on the trailer and the trophy list, unless someone discovers a trick, this honestly looks too poorly designed to actually be easy.

• Like 4

This is ridiculous!!

A game about babysitting butter has 11 gold trophies + plat ?

-The Terminator Salvation thing was ok because you can consider it an actual game. But this one?! Come on ?

-Far Cry Blood Dragon has 19 bronzes and no plat :/

-If Sonic mania had more golds and silvers; tbey could have included a Plat.

-Costume Quest 1 & 2 could have had plat if all trophies were gold, but those games are small and I understand the lack of a plat.

Some developers use trophies to sell the game for those people who do the Mayo & top rated style of games. While other developers just include trophies because it is mandatory and don't care about it.

Even if this game were to cost me about 1.95AUD (that's if it releases outside of North America, which I think it will) I would not get it because of the game it is. Pretty much everything about this game in my opinion is lackluster and I cannot picture anybody buying this game for a reason other than getting it for the trophies.