Is the online still working as of today?

The_Kopite

1 hour ago, The_Kopite said:

Just wondering as want to know if the platinum for this version of the game is still obtainable?

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Yep. Not sure how populated it is though, Might need to find a boosting partner. 

3 hours ago, skateak said:

Yep. Not sure how populated it is though, Might need to find a boosting partner. 

3 hours ago, Freelancer Tex said:

Yes it is. Hell the online for MK9 is still up. Netherrealm tends to abandon games instead of sbutting them down.

Thanks to you both for the information!

@skateak Figured it would be one of those games where a boosting partner would be required!

@Freelancer Tex I looked at a trophy guide for MK9 for the vita and it said that the servers for that game had shut down :/

1 hour ago, The_Kopite said:

looked at a trophy guide for MK9 for the vita and it said that the servers for that game had shut down :/

Yeah the VIta version got shut down quite a while ago but I am sure he was referring to the PS3 version. A lot of people don't even remember that MK9 was on Vita.

• Like 1

Not sure of the entire story/specifics but Gamespy used to run the servers for a lot of games, MK9 on the Consoles and Vita being on of them. When Gamespy went the servers for MK9 and a bunch of other games went with them. Netherrealm decided to move the online for consoles to somewhere else but for reasons I don't know(probably not enough people online) the left the Vita servers to sink.

I can't attest to the Injustice servers but I've seen the game on sale recently so my guess is they would still be up. Achievements were ghastly though if I remember so good luck :)

21 minutes ago, skateak said:

Yeah the VIta version got shut down quite a while ago but I am sure he was referring to the PS3 version. A lot of people don't even remember that MK9 was on Vita.

10 minutes ago, TheLiamK said:

Not sure of the entire story/specifics but Gamespy used to run the servers for a lot of games, MK9 on the Consoles and Vita being on of them. When Gamespy went the servers for MK9 and a bunch of other games went with them. Netherrealm decided to move the online for consoles to somewhere else but for reasons I don't know(probably not enough people online) the left the Vita servers to sink.

I can't attest to the Injustice servers but I've seen the game on sale recently so my guess is they would still be up. Achievements were ghastly though if I remember so good luck :)

@skateak Fair enough, I didn't really realise until I saw it preowned in a game shop one day lol 

@TheLiamK Yeah appreciate the good luck, and everyone chipping in with comments! Probs left the vita games to sink due to poor sales presumably. The trophies do look very hard for injustice, but would love a fighting game on vita! Love the Cactuar pic btw! :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

Thanks to you both for the information!

@skateak Figured it would be one of those games where a boosting partner would be required!

@Freelancer Tex I looked at a trophy guide for MK9 for the vita and it said that the servers for that game had shut down :/

That was because the Vita version used a different setup under GameSpy, and Netherrealm never bothered moving the servers. As I said, abandoned, not actively shut down.

• 3 years later...