Trophy thoughts

REAPER4536

Another year, another NHL game that will probably reside on my list with a low trophy completion percentage. Can't bring myself to try EASHL, so those trophies will be unearned, and I don't really care much for the HUT mode or any of its other counterparts from other sports games, so that'll go untouched. Might venture into Be A Pro mode this year, but don't even imagine I'll get a ton of trophies for that.

Honestly, I'm kind of simple, in that give me a franchise mode to waste time in and the most complex thing I want to do is set hot dog prices or set up a Sidney Crosby bobblehead night for shits and giggles, but this list looks a lot like past iterations in that I'll probably end up accidentally going top shelf causing Rinne's water bottle to fly off causing a trophy to ping without me knowing what the hell I did to deserve it, but that's about it.

The NHL franchise has always, and will always elude my platinum's list, and I don't mind too much since it's always nice to have a game that you have in your rotation that you don't care about trophies. But it would be sorta nice eventually for EA to throw us a bone (if just for ONE year) where we have a list that's more single player focused like the last two year's Maddens. Someone will probably jump on my case about saying that (especially the EASHL crowd that buy purely for this mode), but hey... I'm not lying when I say I don't have the hockey loving friends and coordination to make the EASHL trophies possible, but it would be nice to eventually have an NHL platinum to work for.

Yeah, I definitely don't want to go though EASHL again. That got seriously maddening after a while. They need to change up the trophies. Have a chill list for once like MLB The Show did for a few years. If I do play this game, it'll be for fun and not for trophies. Kind of feel like I've already platinumed this game a year ago haha.

Also, what lame trophy images. Especially that lazy platinum image.

As much as I love hockey, and the NHL games, I agree that these games are rather offputting for trophy hunters. That being said, I am an Oilers fan and love that McDavid is on the cover and I feel like 18 is going to be special so I'll be getting it and playing the crap out of it regardless of the trophies.

Nothing surprising and just the usual.  Got the platinum last year but won't bother this year.  Level 50 in EASHL was too much of a chore when HUT is the only mode I care about.  Even then HUT got really stale for me last year as somebody that prefers to just solo grind and build up a team.  Hopefully the HUT challenges and stuff bring it more in line with MUT this year.

A lot of these trophies are identical to last year... I'm actually going to make a solid effort to get back into EASHL and Be a Pro (even though EA hasn't done anything to improve it). 

HUT trophies seem reasonable. This list shouldnt be too hard to complete, but be prepared to grind away for that lvl 50. 

I'm always confused about the HUT "title" trophies. Does getting the "championship belt" trophy mean winning division 1 or just any division? 

It's a HUGE difference trust me. Don't want to grind to division 1 again. I'm willing to bet it's just that.

Fine with everything else though. I have always liked the spread of the trophies.

EASHL is my favorite mode. Heck, i just played some in '17 last night, so those won't be a problem.

I don't really like HUT unless it's against the CPU. I am better at controlling one player, lol.

The 3's bullshit can go to hell, or at least to the penalty box. I'm sure they can be boosted with a friend or 2 

controllers.

To bring 'Developer' back AGAIN is complete bs. Then when you try to sim trophies, you have to hit 'X'

too many times instead of just rolling through seasons.

All this said, i'll buy it. Lol.

I always try and think of what content could they possibly add to the next sports game to make it different and more fun and sometimes i get surprised. 3 on 3 is a great addition this year! I like the sounds of some of the new skill stick stuff as well. Level 50 in eashl isn't too bad. I think it took me between 80-90 games and I wasn't playing very well. The worst part for me was the master set. Either way, i'm always pumped to play the new NHL!

• 2 weeks later...