Have you ever played a game that you couldn't platinum?

RedDead3001

Lots of times. Notable mentions include - 

Skullgirls 2nd Encore (trials and missions were obscene)

Persona 4 Arena (score attack was impossible)

Devil May Cry 2 HD (the game absolutely refused to give me an S rank)

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita (It needs another Vita for an ad hoc trophy, and I don't know anyone with a Vita)

Dead or Alive 5 Plus (I got stuck on one of Elliot's Combo Challenges)

There are plenty of other games I just didn't do because I didn't care enough or didn't want to put forth the effort/time, but these ones I legitimately tried and failed to get.

Oh I've played plenty. Half the time I probably knew I wasn't going to get the platinum to begin with too. Here's a brief list of the worst offenders:

Star Ocean 4 - 'Nuff said. I was actually making a real effort on this about 2 years ago going for some of the BTs. While I only have 2 trophies to show for it I had a nice 80 hour save file going, and like the fool that I am I never bothered to autosave my game to the cloud and a HDD crash wiped everything. Don't have the time or energy to try again.

Gran Turismo 5 - Don't have the time nor the skill to get a Gold medal on every event and all that good stuff.

Vanquish - Same victim as Star Ocean 4. Couldn't finish the challenges, nor do I have the time to go through the game again on Hard either.

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (both versions): Just a royal pain in the butt game both of these are. I feel like I could maybe platinum them if I played enough, but I get so mad it almost doesn't seem worth the trouble.

• Like 1

Yes absolutely. Any AC game with the 100% sync for example. But the better question is which one have I been chasing the longest. Call of Duty World at War. Stuck on the next to last mission on Veteran for seven years. And the trophy for finishing on Hard failed to pop. LOL

• Like 1

Just posted in the NHL 18 trophy thoughts thread explaining my sentiments about this matter. I am neither skilled, coordinated, social (or at least in regards to being friends with people are hockey fans, trophy hunters and hockey gamers all at the same time), dedicated, interested -- and did I mention skilled? -- enough to even attempt some of the EASHL trophies that the list copy pastes into every years iteration. I have accepted this fact every single year I've purchased this or any other sports games that are out of reach, and just play for fun.

If you take a look at my profile, you'll notice a short pattern that my 100% profile goal ended relatively early on into my trophy hunting career. I usually just play the games that I play for sheer interest these days, and trophies are somewhat of an "eh, I'll get around to it"-esque afterthought. I'm about to play The Last of Us for the first time (or at least finish it to completion, since I've started it a couple times), but I can 100% guarantee you that you won't be seeing me running around with that platinum as I don't think I can do the multiplayer, and I'm perfectly alright with that.

Play games for fun, regardless if the trophy list is off putting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDead3001 said:

I am not talking about glitch trophy or dead/down servers for the online trophy.

I'm just talking about trophies that are very hard or time consuming.

Black Ops 2 for obvious reasons, Black Ops 3 because I can never find someone to help with realistic coop. I've tried sessions on here, and it never works out. :( Besides that, I'll never get the Arkham games platted because of the damn combat challenges :(:(:( 

3 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Hmm, I know we already have a thread like this.

Hmm, where, where?

1 hour ago, T1M1D_HER0 said:

Quite a few.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry 2

Devil May Cry 3

Metal Gear Rising

Kingdom Hearts BBS

The Guided Fate Paradox

Devil May Cry 1 the final boss is a biitch

Devil May Cry 2 It's easier to Blood Palace with Trish that trophy shouldn't be so hard.

Devil May Cry 3 I find it much easier with Vergil because he is so broken

Anyone could plat anything if they try hard enough.

I personally would never bother platting like two thirds of the entire stack of games I've played my whole life. 

Here's a good example. Spider-Man 2 for the PlayStation 2. It's an easy enough game, you can burn through the whole story in around 3 hours if you know what you're doing. BUT, to 100% it, to find all the skyscaper tokens, all the bouy tokens, all the hideout tokens, all the races, all the mega times on the races, all the question mark token things, all the waves of the arena fighting minigames, all the different X amount of random crimes for the stat bonus things, etc. would risk ruining the game I've spent nearly a decade and a half adoring above almost all other games. The truth of the matter is, I'm experienced enough with the game, I've found a lot of the shit on my own time (through countless hundreds of hours over the years), I could eventually 100% it all if I really wanted, or use a guide even, but the truth is, I enjoy playing the game, I don't enjoy completing the game. I want to spend as much time as I can in that world, but I wanna go at my own pace, do my own thing, and enjoy it. And that's how I am with a lot of games, most of them really. That's really it, if I wanted to 100% Spider-Man 2 I could do it if I really wanted, and it wouldn't be agony or anything, but I would never want to do that sort of thing to this sort of game.

Some games just aren't that fun to platinum / 100% and that's okay.

• Like 1

Almost like everything I play lol. I'm closing in on 500 games played and only 183 platinums.  Well it's not that I can't platinum them it's just I play whatever games interest me and I do what I can until I get bored and wanna move on.

A prime example of a platinum I actually can't get would be Yakuza 0, all those gambling and arcade games then having to beat the game on legend. Or Super Meat Boy, I did all of dark world and was done after that.

Edited by aZombieDictator

I have only recently begun hunting for platinums but one game I am determined to try over and over again if I need to is Lord of the Rings: War in the North on the PS3. It is hard to plat because it's glitchy up to the point where it is doable, but very hard to avoid the game save corrupting glitches. You need 3 playthroughs and if at some point it glitches you need to start from scratch. The furthest I got was to the end of the 2nd playthrough. It's such a fun game that I keep trying anyway. Who knows, maybe I will get it some day :)