Have you ever played a game that you couldn't platinum?

RedDead3001

Couldn't...probably.  Wouldn't...most definitely.  For example, I imagine I could do a speedrun of The Last Guardian in 5 hours and save scum for a no death run, but I don't know that for sure.  I won't do it though because I'm burnt out on the game and don't care enough about trophies to spend the next 5+ hours not having fun.  I decided to move on to the next title in the backlog and if history holds true, I will never touch The Last Guardian again.  My profile is full of games like that and I imagine there are a good number that I just wouldn't have the skill to platinum, but I likely won't ever find out.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, quite a few actually.

FFX: My most desired plat and the one that just got away from my reach. The trophies I couldn't get were getting a time of 0:00 secs on the chocobo race and lightning dancer. My brother got it which makes me somewhat jealous, but it's his one and only platinum trophy anyway.

Disgaea 4: It had a 300+ hour estimated time to platinum... not worth my time or effort.

Disgaea D2: Too long and grindy as Disgaea games tend to be. I don't think I'll ever platinum a Disgaea game with how much grinding is involved.

Tales of Zestiria: This was the worst game I had ever played, thank goodness I only paid 500 yen ($5) for it. Could never get my ahead around the skills sheet for all those skills trophies which was overly complicating and time consuming. The game was also rubbish, so I couldn't stomach playing anymore after completing the story.

Tales of Symhonia: 5 playthroughs needed, no scene skip and 150+ hours.... nope.

Tales of Symphonia DTNW: Rubbish game, never got past the first town as Marta and Emil were too annoying and cringy to even continue the game.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva: I didn't really like this game and am bad at rhythm games. Way too out of the comfort zone here. 

I intended on getting the Platinum in Persona 4 Golden eventually, but it's been years since I got the game and still haven't gotten around to it. Maybe one day, although I prefer more linear games to be honest. 

• 6 years later...