This has to stop..

13 hours ago, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Dev of Licky Lizard here. 

Here's the launch trailer: 

Firstly, think a few of you might wanna chill a little. No one is forcing you to buy my game. If you don't like the look of it, then the solution is simple...

Secondly, there was more than "zero effort" put into this game, I can assure you. But it is my first game, and so I do appreciate that it's by no means a masterpiece. But it is fun - that I can be sure of. 

Thirdly, I appreciate that PS fans want only the best games on PSN, but that dream is over. It ended with the advent of the indie game. If you want special indie games like Journey and the like, well then you're (Sony) also leaving the door open for trophy bait like My Name Is Mayo. This isn't trophy bait; this isn't Life of Black Tiger; this is a fun, addictive little arcade platformer. But whatever, I'm the only one here who has played it, so what do I know?

Anyway, cheers to the people here who don't tear into a small indie game made by one guy, without even seeing the final game. Hit me up if you're interested in a free code. 

Cheers. 

Hey man, let the haters hate. I actually watched the trailer before judging and totally thought everyone is overreacting. I can understand people maybe saying that the gameplay is simplistic or that the backgrounds are pretty bland, but I am not seeing the warranted hatefest going on here.

You seem to be new to the forums, so please do not judge the community as a  whole on this one thread. We are all different people.

Also, if you happen to come back and read all of this, I wanted to mention that I thought the music in the game was pretty awesome. It felt like I was listening to some classic 90s video game music (That's not meant to be offensive, haha!)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rattlehead57 said:

Just a heads up, Licky Lizard is out now in Europe for anyone who's interested: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/licky-the-lucky-lizard-lives-again/cid=EP2917-PCSB01154_00-LICKYLIZARD00005

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

Next time you make a game ask Sony to give you a plat. You could have made those trophies 9 gold and 4 bronze with a plat. :) You would have so much more sales

1 minute ago, DF007gamer said:

Next time you make a game ask Sony to give you a plat. You could have made those trophies 9 gold and 4 bronze with a plat. :) You would have so much more sales

I considered chancing my arm, but the guidelines are pretty clear to be honest - a game this small isn't supposed to have one :-/

But yeah, there are examples that contradict that...

Actually, I've noticed the games recently added to this site and US Store and I wonder: where the hell are those games on EU Store? Cause games like this and Energy Cycle (games that any Nokia 3310 could run) are always the lastest entries on EU Store, no other great indie games -_-

Still waiting for 99Vidas and Super GunWorld 2 :/

43 minutes ago, rattlehead57 said:

$3

A very reasonable price, I'll be picking it up! 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea if the game is good or not, but looking at the video, it hardly looked awful. The graphics are a little, ummm, Flash-y(?), and I question some of the button assignments from what I've seen, but a platformer where you grab collectibles seems just fine to me for a budget. This ain't Solbrain or anything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2017 at 9:09 PM, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Firstly, think a few of you might wanna chill a little. No one is forcing you to buy my game. If you don't like the look of it, then the solution is simple...

Secondly, there was more than "zero effort" put into this game, I can assure you. But it is my first game, and so I do appreciate that it's by no means a masterpiece. But it is fun - that I can be sure of. 

Thirdly, I appreciate that PS fans want only the best games on PSN, but that dream is over. It ended with the advent of the indie game. If you want special indie games like Journey and the like, well then you're (Sony) also leaving the door open for trophy bait like My Name Is Mayo. This isn't trophy bait; this isn't Life of Black Tiger; this is a fun, addictive little arcade platformer. But whatever, I'm the only one here who has played it, so what do I know?

Anyway, cheers to the people here who don't tear into a small indie game made by one guy, without even seeing the final game. Hit me up if you're interested in a free code. 

Cheers. 

I don’t see why people are hating on this unless they have played it which I think most haven’t. I’m willing to give it a go, do you have any codes remaining for an EU Vita?

On 8/30/2017 at 0:55 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

It never ends well when a developer decides to jump in like this. For anyone involved.

If you make a game, regardless of whether you are a single individual making it or whether you are part of an entire multi-layered studio you need to accept the fact that your created material will be open to scrutiny whether it is monetized or not.

I know I'm late in responding to this, but are you serious? Honestly.

There's a difference in criticism and outright stating "I don't like the looks of this, therefore no one should be allowed to buy it." Which is what this entire thread is about. This is about curation, not criticism.

• Like 1

I only see a problem with crap games on PSN if it clutters the lists to the point where good games get buried by shit.

I'm not the kind of guy who buys indie games on PSN so I don't know if the lists are curated in any way. If they aren't there should be a way to filter crap rated 2 stars or below so that people do the curating.

I do actually have a problem with shit "games" when they have platinums, though. You know which.

• 4 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Cheers. 

Just finished this about a hour ago and have to say that I had a decent time with it. Keep on doing your thing - some of us on here enjoy indie games where developers are more likely to take a chance with unique gameplay mechanics than a lot of this AAA mediocrity with high production value.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2017 at 11:09 AM, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Cheers. 

just 100% the game, i gotta say it was really good fun and well made, keep on making games and stick it to all those people that criticized this game and will probably never play it 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 1:07 AM, demonoid321 said:

Why does Sony keep releasing trash like this on the PSN? Like really? By the video I just watched on this game it looks like something that took zero to no effort to make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDJ0Jy1bIk

i dunno man i hate those crappy games and ever since sony let independent companies start making games not only have they flooded the ps store, but they overtook actual good games in ps plus for years. but i legit have 2 friends who are pretty old i grew up with who still live in the 8 bit nintendo era still and all they play is crap like that. anything side scrolling or old bit looking they cant get enough of. so i guess theres a small market out there for it. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2017 at 1:01 AM, Elvick_ said:

I know I'm late in responding to this, but are you serious? Honestly.

There's a difference in criticism and outright stating "I don't like the looks of this, therefore no one should be allowed to buy it." Which is what this entire thread is about. This is about curation, not criticism.

No, that's discourse. You don't get to police it and if you don't like it leave the thread or site. It's that simple. There's nothing illegal or against the rules of the site about it and if

anything you're the one trying to curate what is and isn't proper criticism. We don't have to be kind to a developer or police our language just because "he tried hard". As someone else earlier in this thread said you need to develop a thick skin when you work in a field where your work is subject to public criticism, else you will not manage. Trying to micromanage people's behaviour is controlling no matter the means in which it is done, which is what you and the developer themselves have attempted to do, no matter how you are they try to spin it. Unless people have made direct threats toward him or his family or anyone he cares about (which they haven't) there is absolutely nothing that can be seen as off limits. We don't owe anyone our politeness, especially not developers who enter threads trying to guilt trip people into not criticising them and policing their behaviour. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

No, that's discourse. You don't get to police it and if you don't like it leave the thread or site. It's that simple. There's nothing illegal or against the rules of the site about it and if 

Oh the irony. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On September 1, 2017 at 10:43 AM, rattlehead57 said:

Just a heads up, Licky Lizard is out now in Europe for anyone who's interested: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/licky-the-lucky-lizard-lives-again/cid=EP2917-PCSB01154_00-LICKYLIZARD00005

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

My daughter found this free on the vita store, and we had a blast racing each other to 100% the game. In the same way 'doodle jump' was a fun 'pick up and play' game, this is similar, but with combos and rock throwing thrown in (see what I did there?)

Personally, with a PSVR2, PsVita, 4k tv and PsPro, I love stuff like this. If the console is super powerful, why shouldn't I be allowed to play games that could have been designed for a phone? Choice is great. As a gamer, if you do your research and know what you are buying, how could you possibly complain?

Edited by TheMightyImp2
Typos, spacing issues
  • Like 2