This has to stop..

54 minutes ago, TheMightyImp2 said:

My daughter found this free on the vita store, and we had a blast racing each other to 100% the game. In the same way 'doodle jump' was a fun 'pick up and play' game, this is similar, but with combos and rock throwing thrown in (see what I did there?)

Personally, with a PSVR2, PsVita, 4k tv and PsPro, I love stuff like this. If the console is super powerful, why shouldn't I be allowed to play games that could have been designed for a phone? Choice is great. As a gamer, if you do your research and know what you are buying, how could you possibly complain?

I enjoyed Lucky Lizard as well, it has fun physics, I would recommend it to anyone that doesn't expect a AAA game. And it's easy to pick up and put down 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 10:14 AM, starcrunch061 said:

I have no idea if the game is good or not, but looking at the video, it hardly looked awful. The graphics are a little, ummm, Flash-y(?), and I question some of the button assignments from what I've seen, but a platformer where you grab collectibles seems just fine to me for a budget. This ain't Solbrain or anything.

I thought the same thing watching the trailer. Gave me those early 2000s flash-game vibes :)

Nostalgic . I might have to grab this at some point!

• 3 weeks later...

Why are people on this site constantly complaining about games with easy trophy list. Does it really bother trophy hunters that much. Of course you have the ones that have a problem with it because they saw someone else complaining about it and at this point it's pointless to complain about it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HavocChaos__ said:

Why are people on this site constantly complaining about games with easy trophy list. Does it really bother trophy hunters that much. Of course you have the ones that have a problem with it because they saw someone else complaining about it and at this point it's pointless to complain about it.

Because it makes trophies as a whole pretty meaningless. You used to be able to see an account at 100 plats and know that they at least have some decent games in there. Now, without further inspection, anyone with 200+ plats could have just spammed all the awful bait games, and not many people will bother checking, so it makes everyone with 200+ look bad at first glance because it's so common for them to have shit profiles now. And the more people buy these atrocities, the more will be made, and the more damage will be done to the system. It has so much less meaning now than it used to.

Licky the Lucky Lizard isnt a culprit of this, it restricts itself to a platless list and for that I have great respect for the developer.

Edited by madbuk

4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Because it makes trophies as a whole pretty meaningless. You used to be able to see an account at 100 plats and know that they at least have some decent games in there. Now, without further inspection, anyone with 200+ plats could have just spammed all the awful bait games, and not many people will bother checking, so it makes everyone with 200+ look bad at first glance because it's so common for them to have shit profiles now. And the more people buy these atrocities, the more will be made, and the more damage will be done to the system. It has so much less meaning now than it used to.

Licky the Lucky Lizard isnt a culprit of this, it restricts itself to a platless list and for that I have great respect for the developer.

I remember back in the PS3 era, anyone with a hundred plats or with just 90-ish total game completion was an arrogant p***k, maybe because they were no-lifers so proud of their profiles, also they always accused people with hidden trophies of playing Hannah Montana and Terminator Salvation. No really, i'm not joking.

Just now, HavocChaos__ said:

I thought people were complaining about this one because of the graphics.  I mean the complaining started before anyone even knew how easy or difficult the list would really be.

46 minutes ago, HavocChaos__ said:

I think some people refuse to play these "easy" games and get unhappy when others who do play, earn trophies moving them up the leaderboard etc.  I personally have no issues. How others want to spend their time is up to them!  

• 9 months later...

So, finished this yesterday. I hadn't played in some time, yet when I picked it up, I got all the score trophies in one playthrough.

It's...OK? Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. the tutorial suggests that, as you rise through the cavern, you'll pick up collectibles. However, the collectibles are only rocks and you can only hold one. Once you get one of the trophies, you get infinite rocks, and the collectibles disappear. Score-based collectibles would have added a completely new dimension to this game, and made it a lot better. 

The game physics are pretty fun, to be fair. I like the water/geyser combos, and the health pickups are nice, too. But I really craved the opportunity to raise my score by risking life to get collectibles.

• 1 month later...
On 30-8-2017 at 3:09 AM, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Dev of Licky Lizard here. 

[...]

Cheers. 

Having an hour to kill last night waiting around I decided to get the trophies for this game. Although the graphics are nothing to write home about, what's underneath it could be a fun game. In the end it's a bit too simplistic though. I usually keep this type of small game around on my Vita after getting them to plat or 100%, but this time I did remove it. I just can not seem myself enjoying it a lot beyond the hour that I spent with it.

Some thoughts:

• The trophies could have been a bit more challenging. I got close to 50.000 points after a couple of tries and even before I really understood the game and how it worked. That was already enough to get the gold trophy for beating 30.000 points.
  • The tutorial did not really convey a good idea of what the game was going to be like. I had the impression that I was going to play a platformer, collecting stuff and solving puzzles with my rocks. Then the game started: hello infinite runner!
  • The graphics could have been a lot better with a little more effort. This game is the prime example why coders should not try to be designers for anything beyond a simple button. Even Fiver.com would have been a better option to get some nice graphics for a reasonably small sum of money. There are not that many assets in this game after all. I think that would have made a much better impression, maybe this topic would never have been created in the first place. That's the truth of gaming in this day and age: if the looks do not appeal than a lot of people will never experience the gameplay underneath.
  • About that gameplay: it was nice, but it does feel like there is some component missing that would give it more replayability. For example: before I knew it I had a limitless supply of rocks, so I felt like having them limited when I started out was pretty meaningless to begin with. I would have preferred upping the limit to about 3 or 5 so you would actually have to go out of your way to find them.

Anyway, like I said, I did enjoy the game for an hour. So I applaud your attempts and hope to see more of your games in the future!

Edited by pinkrobot_pb