Quick way to earn skill points?

Lady Blanc

I am only three trophies (Back in My Day, Leave it to the Pro & Mad Skillz) away from the platinum and I was wondering if there was a quick way to earn skill points. Just to clarify, I need a total of 485000 skill points (which is only for 6 skills) and the fastest ways I can think of are either still very time consuming or frustrating.

The first method I can think of is playing through the final checkpoint of the second chapter of Chris' campaign and kill all of the BOWs that always drop skill points (I usually end up with roughly 15000 by the end of any attempt of this checkpoint)

The second method is to play on No Hope difficulty, and I have found this to be extremely frustrating and a bit tedious (due to constant deaths).

Just wondering if anyone knows of any faster methods.

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

The chris campaign is what the trophy sites will say, but it's BS. It takes too much set up. Ada campaign 2-3 is super quick. 24k on the nose for 5minutes work. It's the most effective per hour and it will take care of any crystalid enemy requirements you need for the other trophy.

Invest in Infinite Shotgun ammo, Firepower, and Quick Reload right off. It will reduce your time per level. You can do it with other weapons but shotgun takes 2-3 shots per enemy with reloading only between enemies.

REMEMBER to pick up the chest spawn behind the first Valad pop. that's the extra 4k SP.

Also, professional got a patch that makes that trophy a cake walk. Just load the last checkpoint of every chapter and you can be done in a single afternoon.

Edited by Aeirou
  • Like 1

I tried grinding out different chapters of different character campaigns to get points but found it really tedious.

The best way I found for myself personally was to play the Mercenaries solo, the snowy cave one worked best for me, or whatever its called haha, but the urban chaos map is easier I guess. Skill points are continuously dropped throughout and harder enemies drop more points just like in the campaign. Try and unlock the secret boss for some more points too. Just remember to pick them up as you go along. As long as you're confident enough in mercenaries and know you can complete a round without dying then you can get upwards of 30,000 a round, sometimes a lot more depending on skill, combo chains and how you kill the enemies etc. Plus I found it really fun trying to beat my score each time, and actually ended up really high on the leaderboards at the time, yaay.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i played mercenaries a lot very addictive game for also if you need more points play the game online with a friend on veteran or pro you will get more points another note is that if you set the on the ability for unlimited ammo you wont receive a lot of points also here this method

Jake chapter 4

Go to level 4, the shopping district section. It's very short with 2 boxes containing skill points - one for 2,000 and the other for 5,000. Total of 7k in skill points with no enemies and it only takes about 60 seconds to go through the area. Go through the door at the end of the section, and once it saves, exit, rinse and repeat. Easiest and fastest way I have found to farm skill points!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tried grinding out different chapters of different character campaigns to get points but found it really tedious.

The best way I found for myself personally was to play the Mercenaries solo, the snowy cave one worked best for me, or whatever its called haha, but the urban chaos map is easier I guess. Skill points are continuously dropped throughout and harder enemies drop more points just like in the campaign. Try and unlock the secret boss for some more points too. Just remember to pick them up as you go along. As long as you're confident enough in mercenaries and know you can complete a round without dying then you can get upwards of 30,000 a round, sometimes a lot more depending on skill, combo chains and how you kill the enemies etc. Plus I found it really fun trying to beat my score each time, and actually ended up really high on the leaderboards at the time, yaay.

I agree, Mercs is by far the easiest way but you need to have confidence you can do it. It also is fun trying to beat your previous highest score. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

• Play Mercenaries, remember that if you die, you'll lose all skill points you collected, so play with a friend who can revive you/heal you if you think it's too hard.

Play Chris' Chapter 3 on No Hope and win that little segment against Leon and Helena.

Play Chris' Chapter 5, there's one point where you have to wait for a door to be unlocked and some Neo-Umbrella J'avo can spawn Coccons with Napads and other B.O.Ws, play on No Hope if you want, but make sure to have a lot of ammo and healing items since farming on No Hope can be a pain.

Play Ada's Chapter 2, after the Deborah sequence, you'll have to kill a lot of B.O.Ws that drop 3,000k+ skill points each, play on No Hope and make sure to have a lot of explosive darts, this is my favorite way to farm skill points (beside playing Mercenaries) because there are just so manu B.O.Ws at that point, 1 Whopper, 1 Whopper Supreme, 2 Napads and then you have to kill 5 more Napads for the door to open.

Play any DLC mode, may not be as fast... but you'll be hitting two birds with one stone.

Make sure to leave farming for last, it's better to start the game on Amateur, then play each campaign on Professional, ever since the last update you can start the game on Professional without playing on Veteran, DO NOT do that! You'll have to waste even more time farming and that's never a good thing.

Always explore each stage because there are varios treasure chests in almost every checkpoint and when i play online with randoms they never seem to know these even exist. Search on the web for the location of each, some of them can have 10,000 skill points in only one chest.

• 1 month later...

• Play Mercenaries, remember that if you die, you'll lose all skill points you collected, so play with a friend who can revive you/heal you if you think it's too hard.
  • Play Chris' Chapter 3 on No Hope and win that little segment against Leon and Helena.
  • Play Chris' Chapter 5, there's one point where you have to wait for a door to be unlocked and some Neo-Umbrella J'avo can spawn Coccons with Napads and other B.O.Ws, play on No Hope if you want, but make sure to have a lot of ammo and healing items since farming on No Hope can be a pain.
  • Play Ada's Chapter 2, after the Deborah sequence, you'll have to kill a lot of B.O.Ws that drop 3,000k+ skill points each, play on No Hope and make sure to have a lot of explosive darts, this is my favorite way to farm skill points (beside playing Mercenaries) because there are just so manu B.O.Ws at that point, 1 Whopper, 1 Whopper Supreme, 2 Napads and then you have to kill 5 more Napads for the door to open.
  • Play any DLC mode, may not be as fast... but you'll be hitting two birds with one stone.
  • Make sure to leave farming for last, it's better to start the game on Amateur, then play each campaign on Professional, ever since the last update you can start the game on Professional without playing on Veteran, DO NOT do that! You'll have to waste even more time farming and that's never a good thing.
  • Always explore each stage because there are varios treasure chests in almost every checkpoint and when i play online with randoms they never seem to know these even exist. Search on the web for the location of each, some of them can have 10,000 skill points in only one chest.

According to every source that i have read difficulty does not affect skill points earnt....

The Best/easy way to get skill points is

Chapter 4 - Jake's Campaign (V1.04 or later) - with the ability to play No Hope difficulty and select checkpoints, you can farm many points very quickly here. Method courtesy of Asher1985:

A great place to farm skill points is Jake chapter 4-3, Poisawan shipping district. Load the checkpoint on No Hope difficulty and simply play through it. There are two chests, one with 2,000 and another with 5,000 and a shedload of crates. Enter the door at the end, wait for the game to save, quit and then repeat.

There are no enemies and you get 16,000 to 20,000 points for two or three minutes of time. This should be easier than any other method.

• Like 2