sundrew

Tales of Project Platinum

202 posts in this topic

Uh, uh, I want to join. This stuff is certainly for me.

 

Too bad my 2 Platinums for Tales of Xillia do not count.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Uh, uh, I want to join. This stuff is certainly for me.

 

Too bad my 2 Platinums for Tales of Xillia do not count.

Wow you were fast! I was going to lock this post until it's ready. Hold on a bit - I'm having some trouble with the formatting but you'll be the first new participant to be added :).

 

Welcome to the new Tales of Project Platinum!

I've added Tales of Berseria and in the process of updating everyone's ranks/leaderboard. Welcome to all new participants!

Edited by sundrew
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have one Tales plat (Hearts R) so rank me up please! :)

 

I should probably get back to Graces soon...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, sundrew said:

I've added Tales of Berseria and in the process of updating everyone's ranks/leaderboard.

Looks like you missed the Berseria guide.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndresLionheart said:

Uh, uh, I want to join. This stuff is certainly for me.

 

Too bad my 2 Platinums for Tales of Xillia do not count.

Added you as Undine! Welcome as the first new participant :).

 

46 minutes ago, jantrick2 said:

I only have one Tales plat (Hearts R) so rank me up please! :)

 

I should probably get back to Graces soon...

Great work! You've been upgraded!

 

43 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Looks like you missed the Berseria guide.

Thanks for the heads-up. It's been added.

 

I've gone through all the participants. There was quite a lot of rank movement (lots of people went from Silver --> Gold) so it's definitely possible I made mistakes somewhere. Let me know if something looks wrong or your leaderboard points aren't right.

Edited by sundrew
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see this back up again. :) I've actually completed 7 games as I've got the platinum in Tales of Symphonia for the JP version. You can look for テイルズ オブ when you search people's profiles for Tales games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AppleKratue said:

Good to see this back up again. :) I've actually completed 7 games as I've got the platinum in Tales of Symphonia for the JP version. You can look for テイルズ オブ when you search people's profiles for Tales games.

Cool - thanks for letting me know! I'll update the main post.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I asked for being delisted of this Project? My name is cadaver_no_life and I'm in Sylph category.

Thanks in advance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently at the Slyph rank with a platinum for tales of graces F and tales of Xillia. Will get around to finsihing tales of symphonia and zesteria sometime soon x)

Edited by CaptainMonkster
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iris Heart said:

May I asked for being delisted of this Project? My name is cadaver_no_life and I'm in Sylph category.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for letting me know. You've been removed.

 

1 hour ago, CaptainMonkster said:

Currently at the Slyph rank with a platinum for tales of graces F and tales of Xillia. Will get around to finsihing tales of symphonia and zesteria sometime soon x)

Welcome Sylph! Only one more game for a rank up :).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sundrew said:

Thanks for letting me know. You've been removed.

 

Thanks, sorry for the inconveniences.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kinda sparked interest back into completing some games. I was looking at the ToV guide and it seems I can Platinum it without too much effort.

 

I remember I dropped it back then because there were no complete resources in english for items, monsters and titles, so keeping track of everything in japanese only was a pain (the other day I found a notepad, in actual paper, in which I wrote some items I was missing, lol).

 

Btw, I already did so, but, can we post about stuff here or posting is only reserved for updates? If the latter let me know and I'll delete the post =(

Edited by AndresLionheart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally forgot about this PP. Hope to get back into playing Zestiria soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

This kinda sparked interest back into completing some games. I was looking at the ToV guide and it seems I can Platinum it without too much effort.

 

I remember I dropped it back then because there were no complete resources in english for items, monsters and titles, so keeping track of everything in japanese only was a pain (the other day I found a notepad, in actual paper, in which I wrote some items I was missing, lol).

 

Btw, I already did so, but, can we post about stuff here or posting is only reserved for updates? If the latter let me know and I'll delete the post =(

 

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Totally forgot about this PP. Hope to get back into playing Zestiria soon.

Project Platinum is meant to motivate you to platinum games in series but also to promote discussion about the games! You can definitely post stuff that isn't related to ranking up. If I'm doing my job as thread moderator correctly, I'll also flag community events related to Tales (we've had a couple "We Play Tales of X" events over the years) and hopefully generate some hype for upcoming releases in the series. Glad you're feeling motivated and ready to tackle Vesperia :). If you need advice as you go along, this PP has a decent number of people who've platted it, so if they ask questions in this thread maybe they'll respond!

 

2 hours ago, N7Spartansw0rd said:

I have Berseria and Xillia so Sylph me up captain

Welcome Sylph!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, asi I said I'm back to my old savefile in Vesperia.

 

Date of the savefile was September 21st 2010! I almost teared up after the opening. I was surprised to find out that my young self had gotten 98% of items and 97% of enemies.

After some work I just have to grind to master all recipes and do the dreaded Waiter Minigame. After that is just a speedrun for the under 15 hours + the 3 missable enemies I don't have (2 of which are complete bullshit. 2 dudes at some point that you need to talk to to battle, so they didn't even look like actual enemies and are gone after that dungeon is done) and the under level 15 challenge.

 

So, expect news from me in this coming week =)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 9:17 AM, AndresLionheart said:

Well, asi I said I'm back to my old savefile in Vesperia.

 

Date of the savefile was September 21st 2010! I almost teared up after the opening. I was surprised to find out that my young self had gotten 98% of items and 97% of enemies.

After some work I just have to grind to master all recipes and do the dreaded Waiter Minigame. After that is just a speedrun for the under 15 hours + the 3 missable enemies I don't have (2 of which are complete bullshit. 2 dudes at some point that you need to talk to to battle, so they didn't even look like actual enemies and are gone after that dungeon is done) and the under level 15 challenge.

 

So, expect news from me in this coming week =)

Glad to see you're motivated (and nostalgic!). Rooting for you to earn that special emblem 😀. You're so close!

Tales holds a special place for me: my brother and I played through all of Symphonia and Abyss on Gamecube and PS2 so I have lots of fond memories of the series. I've just got to catch up to the rest of you and earn some more plats.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up!

 

I have plats for 7 games: All games are JP region. 

Tales of Vesperia

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Hearts R

Tales of Innocence R

Tales of Berseria

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sundrew said:

Glad to see you're motivated (and nostalgic!). Rooting for you to earn that special emblem 1f600.png. You're so close!

Tales holds a special place for me: my brother and I played through all of Symphonia and Abyss on Gamecube and PS2 so I have lots of fond memories of the series. I've just got to catch up to the rest of you and earn some more plats.

Same here. My first one was Symphonia. I started to get into RPGs on the PS1. All the leveling up, getting stronger, finding better equipment; I was just missing one thing, moving around, defending and playing in real time. Of course when I saw Symphonia in a TV program about videogames I knew it was for me. What I didn't know and i'll never forget is that a friend came over and was like "oh, yes, I ahve seen this game. I think it has multiplayer", and I was like "ARE YOU FOR REAL!? An RPG with multiplayer?". Took us a few minutes to figure out how to set it up, but when we did we played through the whole thing. After that of course Tales of the Abyss happened, with Free run and a camera that actually cared about the other players. Those 2 games are also the reason I started recording my gameplay. I have recorded and uploaded the bosses with this friend =).

 

Anyway, to the meat of things. About 20 minutes ago I got my Platinum in Tales of Vesperia! I'm ready for that sweet emblem beside my name.

 

I'll probably go back to Xillia 2 in the next days. I just needed to do a second playthrough with some stuff here and there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up too please! Have the plats for Zestiria, Berseria, Xillia, Hearts R, Graces f, as well as Japanese Vesperia and Innocence R.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Same here. My first one was Symphonia. I started to get into RPGs on the PS1. All the leveling up, getting stronger, finding better equipment; I was just missing one thing, moving around, defending and playing in real time. Of course when I saw Symphonia in a TV program about videogames I knew it was for me. What I didn't know and i'll never forget is that a friend came over and was like "oh, yes, I ahve seen this game. I think it has multiplayer", and I was like "ARE YOU FOR REAL!? An RPG with multiplayer?". Took us a few minutes to figure out how to set it up, but when we did we played through the whole thing. After that of course Tales of the Abyss happened, with Free run and a camera that actually cared about the other players. Those 2 games are also the reason I started recording my gameplay. I have recorded and uploaded the bosses with this friend =).

 

Anyway, to the meat of things. About 20 minutes ago I got my Platinum in Tales of Vesperia! I'm ready for that sweet emblem beside my name.

 

I'll probably go back to Xillia 2 in the next days. I just needed to do a second playthrough with some stuff here and there.

Congratulations on your Tales of Vesperia emblem!! Looking forward to seeing your next rank upgrade :).

I completely agree that Tales of the Abyss was a massive step-up from a coop perspective. I remember being Genis in Symphonia and not being able to see what was hitting me and Lloyd was off hitting something that wasn't attacking me -_-.

 

18 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Sign me up!

 

I have plats for 7 games: All games are JP region. 

Tales of Vesperia

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Hearts R

Tales of Innocence R

Tales of Berseria

 

3 hours ago, MondaDashi said:

Sign me up too please! Have the plats for Zestiria, Berseria, Xillia, Hearts R, Graces f, as well as Japanese Vesperia and Innocence R.

Welcome guys! You two both have 5 games completed + the 2 bonus emblems so I've added you at Undine. One more plat for an upgrade to Efreet!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up too. I currently have the 7 western release platinums for ps3/ps4.

 

Tales of Berseria

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: DotNW

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

 

No doubt when there is a new release I'll play it too eventually.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Sign me up too. I currently have the 7 western release platinums for ps3/ps4.

 

Tales of Berseria

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: DotNW

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

 

No doubt when there is a new release I'll play it too eventually.

Welcome Efreet! You only need Tales of Hearts R for the plat rank which is one of the easier ones to platinum anyway. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sundrew said:

Welcome Efreet! You only need Tales of Hearts R for the plat rank which is one of the easier ones to platinum anyway. 

Unfortunately I don't own a vita 😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.