Tales of Project Platinum

sundrew

2 hours ago, sundrew said:

Woohoo!! I've put you at the top of the Lord of Spirits ranking. I figure those with both special emblems should get some special treatment :). Are you planning to play Vesperia again in English when it's out?

Yeah I'll play it with my friends. :D We couldn't co-op it before since they don't understand Japanese.

On 8/21/2018 at 1:37 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh man I didn't notice these were posted. Thanks for flagging!! Pursuing that Tales of Innocence emblem just got easier!

19 hours ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

And platinum number 8!!

saved the best for last.... >.>;;

True Dawn of the New World
You have obtained all trophies. This truly is the dawn of a new world!

Cant wait to play Vesperia!

Congratulations new Lord of Spirits! Huge respect that you platinumed 4 Tales games in 2 months. That takes huge dedication. Enjoy your new Platinum rank!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sundrew said:

Oh man I didn't notice these were posted. Thanks for flagging!! Pursuing that Tales of Innocence emblem just got easier!

Congratulations new Lord of Spirits! Huge respect that you platinumed 4 Tales games in 2 months. That takes huge dedication. Enjoy your new Platinum rank!

Thank you very much! To be fair though, i already had one playthrough (almost 100hrs) done on ToS from a couple years ago (at that time i wasnt interested in doing 4 of them).

• 1 month later...

I forgot to post that I platted Tales of Berseria a few weeks back. I'm still at Undine with 4 plats now. I'm also going to go after the Zestiria plat after I plat Rise, or during my Survivor/DLC playthrough. I just need help with equipment and skill build. I need an OP set, and I don't care if I have to grind for it. Just want to get through the 1st playthrough and start my 2nd.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 3:25 PM, Edunstar84 said:

I forgot to post that I platted Tales of Berseria a few weeks back. I'm still at Undine with 4 plats now. I'm also going to go after the Zestiria plat after I plat Rise, or during my Survivor/DLC playthrough. I just need help with equipment and skill build. I need an OP set, and I don't care if I have to grind for it. Just want to get through the 1st playthrough and start my 2nd.

Ok! I've updated your numbers! Good luck with Zestiria!

• 4 weeks later...

I completed Tales of Zestiria

As other people in here already said, it was not as bad as people make it out to be. The skills system can look like a pain at first glance but there are ways to get whatever you want, wherever you want it. I think the main problem most people have is that getting a new equipment piece doesn't mean you just go to it anmd equip it, a lot of the time equipping something with better base stats means losing stats overall, so having to put so much thought in something that is usually very simple in most RPGs doesn't sit well with most people that just want to plow through.

There are a shitton of little things to the battle system that can also feel like a pain if you don't want to learn any of it, so there is also that. It was a slightly difficult in the beggining, but later into the game I was just one shotting bosses with single mystic arte due to so some skill stacking and armatization.

Anyway, I wrote out my (almost) full thoughts in my backlog thread, as usual. If anyone cares enough to read all of that =P.

Now all that is left is Tales of Symphonia, the master of missable shit. I don't think I'm gonna get to it till after Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I completed Tales of Zestiria

As other people in here already said, it was not as bad as people make it out to be. The skills system can look like a pain at first glance but there are ways to get whatever you want, wherever you want it. I think the main problem most people have is that getting a new equipment piece doesn't mean you just go to it anmd equip it, a lot of the time equipping something with better base stats means losing stats overall, so having to put so much thought in something that is usually very simple in most RPGs doesn't sit well with most people that just want to plow through.

There are a shitton of little things to the battle system that can also feel like a pain if you don't want to learn any of it, so there is also that. It was a slightly difficult in the beggining, but later into the game I was just one shotting bosses with single mystic arte due to so some skill stacking and armatization.

Anyway, I wrote out my (almost) full thoughts in my backlog thread, as usual. If anyone cares enough to read all of that =P.

Now all that is left is Tales of Symphonia, the master of missable shit. I don't think I'm gonna get to it till after Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, though.

Great work!! I've updated your game count. Symphonia is undoubtedly the biggest pain of all of these - good luck with your last game!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello friends - this PP gets its first new game in a while with the release of the wonderful Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition!

What this means for this PP: 

• I am not  a fan of stacking, so I will accept either the PS3 Japanese version or the PS4 re-release.
  • If you have completed the PS3 edition, I have adjusted your game count up by 1 (some lucky people got upgrades!). I also decided to let these people keep their Yuri emblems.
  • Since the total game count is now 9 games, those Lord of Spirits who have not yet completed Vesperia have been downgraded to Efreet. 

If I've made any mistakes with your game count or rank, let me know and I'll fix it as soon as I can. Now go enjoy your time in Terca Lumireis!

• Like 4

Nice. I'll be doing Vesperia again with a friend even though it doesn't count for this.

I'm for sure doing Symphonia this year. I have gathered resources from several different places so I should be good for the 4 fucking playthroughs.

I also bought a copy of Innocence R which should hopefully get delivered in a month or two (you never know with Argentina's postal service -.-)

Finally having everything done is gonna feel great =D. I hope a new game is in the works, tough. It feels like it has been forever.

11 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Nice. I'll be doing Vesperia again with a friend even though it doesn't count for this.

I'm for sure doing Symphonia this year. I have gathered resources from several different places so I should be good for the 4 fucking playthroughs.

I also bought a copy of Innocence R which should hopefully get delivered in a month or two (you never know with Argentina's postal service -.-)

Finally having everything done is gonna feel great =D. I hope a new game is in the works, tough. It feels like it has been forever.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey through these two games!

I'm definitely going to make it a goal to plat all these games some year...right now I'm on a bit of a Final Fantasy kick. Maybe 2020!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm no longer a Lazy Gnome as I plat a Post-Xillia and Ready to plat a Pre-Xillia(plat it next week), fitting that I go under Sylph for a while as I had to use wind attacks to get the combo Trophies in both Tales of.

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Hearts R

Next is Tales of Vesperia

On 2/14/2019 at 6:28 PM, milanbarca82 said:

Yes you qualify for Efreet! Congratulations!

On 2/15/2019 at 4:11 PM, Leon Castle said:

I'm no longer a Lazy Gnome as I plat a Post-Xillia and Ready to plat a Pre-Xillia(plat it next week), fitting that I go under Sylph for a while as I had to use wind attacks to get the combo Trophies in both Tales of.

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Hearts R

Next is Tales of Vesperia

Congratulations on the upgrade! I've moved you to Sylph. One more game for Undine :). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 1:01 PM, dertswa687o said:

You can upgrade me to Lord of Spirits as I got the Vesperia platinum! Thanks!

Congratulations on finishing them all! You've been upgraded!

On 3/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, Arthwyn said:

Please let me join :) 

The game currently I have plat are:

- Tales of Graces f

- Tales of Symphonia

- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

- Tales of Xillia

- Tales of Xillia 2

- Tales of Zestiria

Welcome Efreet!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Alright so I asked for help or tips concerning Zestiria, and I hope this time I can get some advice on weapon equips at the end of the game. I'm at the area before discovering the final dungeon, and I would like to know a good set of skills to take with me and how to get them. I don't mind the extra grind; I would just love to plat this game before the summer. 

So yeah, any help will be much appreciated.

16 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Alright so I asked for help or tips concerning Zestiria, and I hope this time I can get some advice on weapon equips at the end of the game. I'm at the area before discovering the final dungeon, and I would like to know a good set of skills to take with me and how to get them. I don't mind the extra grind; I would just love to plat this game before the summer. 

So yeah, any help will be much appreciated.

I don't think this is the thread for that. You should ask in the corresponding forum.

But for a quick answer, it doesn't matter. It only matters after beating the game on your second playthrough when you do the Sweet 16 trophy. At that point you go into the post game area and stack a bunch of Lindwurm for that trophy and to destroy the empowered final boss later.

Other than that I always went with whatever I got. The only E skill I kept throughout the whole game in the 2nd playthrough was the 4 in a line one on the Red skills for Sorey (+1 attack on level up) and the same for Lailah (for who I got lucky and got to stack it twice) but for arte attack since I usually Armatized with her. With our combined stats I could get maxed attack and arte attack while Armitized.

• Like 1