Tales of Project Platinum

sundrew

On 4/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, AndresLionheart said:

I don't think this is the thread for that. You should ask in the corresponding forum.

But for a quick answer, it doesn't matter. It only matters after beating the game on your second playthrough when you do the Sweet 16 trophy. At that point you go into the post game area and stack a bunch of Lindwurm for that trophy and to destroy the empowered final boss later.

Other than that I always went with whatever I got. The only E skill I kept throughout the whole game in the 2nd playthrough was the 4 in a line one on the Red skills for Sorey (+1 attack on level up) and the same for Lailah (for who I got lucky and got to stack it twice) but for arte attack since I usually Armatized with her. With our combined stats I could get maxed attack and arte attack while Armitized.

Not sure how I'll approach the Sweet 16 trophy yet. Though I would like to do it before I take on Chaos Kittybeard and the post game area. I haven't figured out how to do the E skills, so I hope it doesn't matter in the end. 

Anyway, I'm happy with my progress and hope to plat the game in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip!

22 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Not sure how I'll approach the Sweet 16 trophy yet. Though I would like to do it before I take on Chaos Kittybeard and the post game area. I haven't figured out how to do the E skills, so I hope it doesn't matter in the end. 

Anyway, I'm happy with my progress and hope to plat the game in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip!

You should actually tackle the Sweet 16 in the post-game area. The best equipment pieces can be farmed there, including the Lindwurm Ring, which you can get in the way to Sweet 16 to get a piece with 4 of the same skill.

The part that matters about the E-skills is that you need a line of 10 for a trophy. Knowing how to manipulate equipment to fill the gaps helps a lot for figuring out a way to get the whole line.

What you do is utilize the fact the blue skills (which signifies they are locked) are treated as empty for the purposes of fusion. So with a bunch of the same equipment but with different skills you can first combine 2 to get a blue skill and then combine that piece with the one that has the skill you want so it replaces the blue skill. It is a very useful trick since combining skills is a mess and you are never sure what each combination would get you.

It can sound confusing at first, but is actually very simple.

• Like 1

On 9-9-2017 at 0:09 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Sign me up too. I currently have the 7 western release platinums for ps3/ps4.

Tales of Berseria

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: DotNW

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

No doubt when there is a new release I'll play it too eventually.

Still Efreet. But I’ve finished Tales of Vesperia a few weeks ago. Hoping they will port Hearts to PS4 or PS5 someday as I will never buy a Vita ?.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

You should actually tackle the Sweet 16 in the post-game area. The best equipment pieces can be farmed there, including the Lindwurm Ring....

It can sound confusing at first, but is actually very simple.

I thought the Lindwurm ring can be farmed in the Meadow of Something. I really, really don't want to fight the last boss more than I have to, but it seems I have no choice. It all sounds so confusing because I read that farming the Atakk skill is easier, and that I only need to farm the ring for the 'A Knack for Snacks' trophy, which requires a 4 stack. 

I already know what to do for the E-10 trophy. I haven't collected any of the normins yet for this play through, so I'm going to gather some of the joke weapons, and stick the required normins on them without saying them. I don't remember having this much trouble with Tales of Graces f plat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I thought the Lindwurm ring can be farmed in the Meadow of Something. I really, really don't want to fight the last boss more than I have to, but it seems I have no choice. It all sounds so confusing because I read that farming the Atakk skill is easier, and that I only need to farm the ring for the 'A Knack for Snacks' trophy, which requires a 4 stack. 

Eeeeh, maybe? Farming any skill should be just equal since you can increase the odds with the normin.

I didn't farm anywhere in the game except for the post-game area, so I only know about the drops there. The point of doing it like that is that you can get any equipment piece type in that same area and all of them are the best ones stat-wise.

Farming Linwurm is better because it is useful for the final boss. While collecting a 16 stack of Lindwurm for Sorey I ended up with several other pieces with 3 Lindwurms that I could stick to the other characters. All that made the empowered final boss a joke (I think I said this before, but I'm not sure if I said it to you).

What's the problem with the final boss? Just drop the difficulty and destroy his ass. If your problem is the second form you can stand to the right an almost no attacks can hit you.

Here is my kill on Chaos if it helps you with anything.

• Like 1

I finally completed Zestiria! Gah, this game wasn't fun, so I sort of skipped a lot of things, like popping Holy Bottles during the last few bonus dungeons. I've been looking to do the DLC as well, but heard that it's. It really good. So will skip that. Why put myself through an additional handful of hours when I didn't enjoy the main game?

Anyway, I'm still a Undine but with 5 completed Tales of games now. I have both Symphonias, Vesperia PS4, Xillia 2, and Innocence R to complete.

One thing I would like to mention is that the Lindwurm Ring didn't turn up after a couple of days of pure grinding. I did the Meadow of Triumph Sorey Atakk normin dungeon grind instead. 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2019 at 6:27 PM, Edunstar84 said:

I've been looking to do the DLC as well, but heard that it's. It really good.

I assume that was supposed to say "it's not very good"? Cuz it isn't. :P It's just another ruins dungeon like any other from the main game, nothing particularly unique about it except that you play with Alisha and Rose iirc.

They just slapped on some random DLC cuz for some reason people felt slighted that Alisha wasn't one of the main characters. Even though she's boring AF. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Xillia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xillia said:

I assume that was supposed to say "it's not very good"? Cuz it isn't. :P It's just another ruins dungeon like any other from the main game, nothing particularly unique about it except that you play with Alisha and Rose iirc.

They just slapped on some random DLC cuz for some reason people felt slighted that Alisha wasn't one of the main characters. Even though she's boring AF. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that what I meant. It's difficult with autocorrect on my iPad. She was boring! Didn't miss her at all when she left the party.

• Like 2

On 13/5/2019 at 4:35 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Yeah, that what I meant. It's difficult with autocorrect on my iPad. She was boring! Didn't miss her at all when she left the party.

I agree with this so much! The moment she left and Rose joined my first thought was: "thank god low ass resonance Alisha is finally gone".

Seriously, she was so useless and was holding Sorey back. Then she proceeded to fuck up everything she did on her own. I think the only reason some people like her over Rose is because of the thigh fetish.

On the DLC: yes, it's terrible. The dungeon goes on and on. It takes forever to find the right way because it is very confusing to navigate.

I only played the DLC because it had several Silver trophies tied to it (plus the items and skits in it counts toward the main game % without increasing the total pool).

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 1

i'll never understand the hate for Zestiria, i must be one of five people on this planet that like this game just fine. i've read many arguments (actually most of it is just "i hate this game") and i find them very weak so im still not convinced

it's literally two steps up from xillia in every way, except maybe story, but i havent finished the game yet, im at the point before the final areas and bosses. unlike xillia, it's got excellent character/costume designs, great soundtrack unlike xillia's horribly boring non-music (besides the intro song), no corridor fields besides the dungeons, no copy paste ports, great battles, good level of challenge even on just hard and intense, but i suck at games so there's that and the skill system is fun to play with though based too much on rng

the only minus id give it is the abysmal graphics. im usually the last person on the planet to complain about graphics but there's no excuse for a ps3 game to look this bad. the visuals and art direction are just fine but the graphics are plain terrible. this is supposedly the 3rd biggest rpg franchise in japan or whatever and it's got graphics this bad, there're no excuse for that. there's many ps2 games that look better. maybe it's better on ps4, ill definitely play that one some later

Edited by MeteoraXV

On 14/05/2019 at 3:50 PM, MeteoraXV said:

i'll never understand the hate for Zestiria, i must be one of five people on this planet that like this game just fine. i've read many arguments (actually most of it is just "i hate this game") and i find them very weak so im still not convinced

it's literally two steps up from xillia in every way, except maybe story, but i havent finished the game yet, im at the point before the final areas and bosses. unlike xillia, it's got excellent character/costume designs, great soundtrack unlike xillia's horribly boring non-music (besides the intro song), no corridor fields besides the dungeons, no copy paste ports, great battles, good level of challenge even on just hard and intense, but i suck at games so there's that and the skill system is fun to play with though based too much on rng

the only minus id give it is the abysmal graphics. im usually the last person on the planet to complain about graphics but there's no excuse for a ps3 game to look this bad. the visuals and art direction are just fine but the graphics are plain terrible. this is supposedly the 3rd biggest rpg franchise in japan or whatever and it's got graphics this bad, there're no excuse for that. there's many ps2 games that look better. maybe it's better on ps4, ill definitely play that one some later

Oh I actually liked ToZ although my post sounded pretty negative. xD I just think the DLC was lame and Alisha is probably my least favourite of all the Tales main characters. I'm thinking now... besides her I think the only other person I *hated* was Cheria from Graces and even she got slightly better later on.

I'd say ToZ is somewhere in the middle of the pack for me as far as Tales games go. Not my top 3 but I still liked it. Though I also liked literally every Tales, even DotNW, so... :P

@Xilliaok so today im playing it again and i came to realize that while i love most things about this game (gameplay, visuals, music, adventure, cast, etc), i do not have a clue about the plot anymore. it's probably my problem with being rather dumb probably lol and only playing large rpg games on saturdays because i have more time then, but this leads me to very quickly lose the plot of a lot of games i play. i have no idea who's who anymore, what exactly are we doing, who's this muse character again, what did she just do, who the heck is this maotelus that every keeps mentioning, etc. etc. i have this issue with this in a lot of jrpgs it seems. ff7 and tales of symphonia being good examples, despite having played ff7 twice and ToS i even platted so i played it through many times. it's something i have to work on. even reading the synopsis, i'm still confused

Edited by MeteoraXV

@sundrew I got all the trophy now :)

- Tales of Berseria (PS3/PS4)
- Tales of Graces f (PS3)

- Tales of Hearts R (Vita)

- Tales of Innocence R (Vita)

- Tales of Symphonia (PS3)

- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (PS3)

- Tales of Vesperia (PS3)

- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4)

- Tales of Xillia (PS3)

- Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)

- Tales of Zestiria (PS3)

Just wondering do I need Tales of Zesteria (PS4) to complete all?

Edited by Arthwyn
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arthwyn said:

@sundrew I got all the trophy now :)

- Tales of Berseria (PS3/PS4)
- Tales of Graces f (PS3)

- Tales of Hearts R (Vita)

- Tales of Innocence R (Vita)

- Tales of Symphonia (PS3)

- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (PS3)

- Tales of Xillia (PS3)

- Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)

- Tales of Zestiria (PS3)

Just wondering do I need Tales of Zesteria (PS4) to complete all?

Oh dang, nice work! I've upgraded you and given you your special emblems. You don't have to double-dip on Zestiria. Welcome Lord of Spirits!

17 minutes ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

Finished both of these a while back:

https://psnprofiles.com/Godwulf_MTL?search=tales of vesperia

Puts me back to Lord of Spirits!

Woah, two Lord of Spirits in the same day! You've been upgraded!

• Like 3

Just now, sundrew said:

Oh dang, nice work! I've upgraded you and given you your special emblems. You don't have to double-dip on Zestiria. Welcome Lord of Spirits!

Thank you :D but for my own sake I might just get Zesteria plat in PS4 one of these days since my ocd won't let it fly by. :) Once again thank you bud.

• 2 weeks later...

Now with Tales of Vesperia mastered and this time with no help from the element of Wind to get high combo(I only needed a fist) so now I have moved from Wind(Sylph) to Water(Undine). also it felt nice fighting the first Final boss in Tales of series.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:47 PM, dertswa687o said:

I got the Innocence R platinum so you can add that emblem to me, thanks!!!

On 6/8/2019 at 3:40 PM, Leon Castle said:

Now with Tales of Vesperia mastered and this time with no help from the element of Wind to get high combo(I only needed a fist) so now I have moved from Wind(Sylph) to Water(Undine). also it felt nice fighting the first Final boss in Tales of series.

Nice work both of you! You've both been updated.

I'm sure everyone has seen the Tales of Arise announcement at E3. I think it looks great, but very different from the previous games. It'll be added to this PP when it releases in 2020.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/tales-of-arise-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc

• Like 3

I completed Tales of Symphonia! And with that I have become another Lord of Spirits! My thoughts can be found in my Journal Thread. In the section with my thoughts on the platinum I share how I decided to do my playthroughs, along with my story and tips about how I got the infamous Gung Ho title.

Still! My journey isn't over yet. I'm currently playing Tales of Innocence for that other juicy emblem, along with recompleting Tales of Vesperia.

And, obviously, I can't WAIT for Tales of Arise, it looks so fricking nice. I'm certainly ready for a new game =).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Well, @sundrew hasn't been around to update this in a while but I just completed Tales of Innocence R. Not counting repeats this is the last one I needed to have every single Tales of platinum =D.

As per usual, if anyone cares you can find my thoughts on the game over on this thread.

That's awesome, nice job!

Your thoughts on the games are always interesting to read, keep it up :)

• Like 1

Time to throw a life bottle to this awesome PP :) Here are my platinums so far:

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zetiria

Tales of Berseria

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

Thank you and huge respect to those who achieved the Tales of Symphonia's platinum.