How do people still earn trophies if removed from PS Store?

Great__Cornholio

6 hours ago, Great__Cornholio said:

I see people earning trophies daily, yet the game isn't available to purchase.... or is it?

They purchased it a long time ago and just never played it.....I personally have 178 games downloaded to my 1 tb PS3. (I've only played 23 of them) On top of that I own about 72 Disc games. This is a new account I started for the sole purpose of speed running trophies.

My brother and I each have our own PSN account, but we also share a PSN account that is a PS+ Member and roughly 7 years old, we download the monthly free games every month, and any time we make a purchase for a game it is done on our shared PSN account, anytime we want to test a game before actually hunting the trophies for it, it is done on the shared account (We both guard our 100% completions) he gets games I wanted, I get games he wanted. It's a mutually beneficial system where we can download games to boost together if we please while only paying for them once. Every once in awhile when our ability to reset all active PS3's come back we will seek someone out who has a lot of games we don't have and share our shared PSN with them and them us (in turns). They download any games in our library they want and we them....Then when both parties are done (usually takes 4-6 months to play everything we want depending on how big their library was) we deactivate each others accounts. If ever we find someone who doesn't want to play ball fairly (you can see if they didn't deactivate your psn from their PS3 at the website....we just use our 6 month only global reset to force all PS3's to deactivate.

That's how WE do it, I can't speak for others. Also, when we do it we take every step to safeguard our info and our account even going so far as to enter a fake name, fake address etc into our details for the PSN in case our new found friend decides to be a creeper, or grab our info so that he can try to steal it later through a call to sony....lol only 3 have tried, they didn't get too far. Also, always keep 2-step verification on.

NEVER EVER share your main account with anyone that you can't get your hands on physically.....the last thing you want is someone on the internet using your Main as a testing area for resigned saves. ?

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 4

These people have bought it before it got delisted so they can download it. Some people can also play the game shared by another account, either a friend or a family member.

They just simply didn't start the game yet after the purchase.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

On 8/30/2017 at 5:04 PM, Great__Cornholio said:

Thanks guys! I understand now. I've stayed away from account sharing to avoid being banned or locked out of my account. I'm just pissed I missed the opportunity to get this zero effort platinum...

I dont think is considered account sharing IF you go to ur friends house. login in your account and play his games. or play together with him COOP games, i know its not coop but u got the idea. If u really want the platinum its the only "way" right now.

Edited by ivangutjahr

9 minutes ago, ivangutjahr said:

I dont think is considered account sharing IF you go to ur friends house. login in your account and play his games. or play together with him COOP games, i know its not coop but u got the idea. If u really want the platinum its the only "way" right now.

Physically sharing isn't account sharing. 

My husband has Xbox Gold and his account is primary on my Xbox One so I can play his games and play online. 

I have PS+ and my account is primary on his PS4 so he can play my games and play online. 

All consoles are hooked into one of two televisions sitting next to each other in the living room, hard wired into the same router. (Different battery backup surge protectors though). 

Not game sharing, perfectly legal. 

The family that games together... ;)

• 4 months later...

There are sites where you can pay people to get trophies for you. You give them money and your account details and they log on and play games that they have previously bought for you. I've met both people who provide that and who paid for that over the years. As far as I know there's no way how you can tell that someone has done that, but I think especially with fast, easy and cheap games people do this a lot. Obviously there's a risk involved so I wouldn't recommend doing it. 

Edited by drthomys

On 1/29/2018 at 11:40 AM, StoRmAreA said:

you cant

You can in a way if the person who starts the shareplay has the persons profile. I have done that for friends where I get on their profile and start shareplay and they log on and alt account and play the game and earn trophies for their accounts. That way I don't give out my info and they can still use the game to earn trophies for themselves. It's an easy way to get paid by people as well for games like 1000 top rated since you're not risking your account sharing the game.

• Like 2

mafia 2 dlcs is gone from the store i believe, but i bought it years ago. so when i went back to it recently i couldnt find it in the store but it was still in my dl list. so i could play it. also sometimes some countries get it removed and others dont. finally people may still buy the disc if the game isnt in store (mafia2 another example easier to play in europe)

• 2 years later...