Uncharted The Lost Legacy - The Worst of the Bunch?

48 minutes ago, LazHimself said:

I didn't mind it other than the weak story and Nadine. But that's just my opinion. Gameplay, pacing, etc felt great to me.

Also, did they confirm this is the last Uncharted?

It's not. Uncharted 4 was Drake's final adventure but the series is not ending with Nate.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-21-naughty-dog-on-lost-legacy-and-the-future-of-uncharted

It's not explicit confirmation obviously but the series isn't going away. I've not played TLL yet but I've got an idea of its scope and personally I like the series continuing in the same vein. Shorter experiences at a lower price point with a variety of secondary characters from the cast

6 minutes ago, GoldenSurprise said:

You should give it a try. It's much better than Uncharted 4. It doesn't have that horrible pacing problem that U4 has. It has a perfect combination between exploration, combat, puzzles and platforming. I had a lot of fun playing it and I didn't feel mind-blowingly bored like I felt when I played U4 for the first time. In fact, I feel that I could play Uncharted:The Lost Legacy over and over again without feeling bored. I really liked it. it's one of the best PS4 exclusives available at the moment, if not the best, in my opinion and the type of game that only Naughty Dog can make. For me, Naughty Dog is back to its best with this game.

Well that doesn't sound too bad. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Maybe I do pick it up now eventually. ;) 

Btw. you were describing exactly these problems I had when playing UC4...

it's not really the last of the uncharted series, lost legacy is just the first Uncharted that the main character isn't Nathan Drake. 

Uncharted 4 is the last of Nathan Drake's adventures.

my brother just ordered lost legacy from an online shop and I believe it will arrive next week in Sunday.

I can't Jude it yet, will play it and see, I love all of the Uncharted games in general ( though, never played golden abyss ) but right now in my opinion the uncharted game that I gave it the lowest rating so far is Uncharted 3.

I enjoyed Lost Legacy bit more than Uncharted 4, mainly because it was tighter experience. Only negative I can say was Chapter 4 with it big open environment, I don't want my Uncharted to be open-world game, that's not why I enjoyed first 3 games

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Well that doesn't sound too bad. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Maybe I do pick it up now eventually. ;) 

Btw. you were describing exactly these problems I had when playing UC4...

No problem. :) I just wanted to tell people that didn't like UC4's pacing that Lost Legacy is much better in this aspect.. I can only enjoy UC4 if I rush through it and a game that has to be rushed to be enjoyed is not exactly what I call a good game. We'll never have classic Uncharted again and I already got used to that idea. However, I really liked The Lost Legacy's formula and I wouldn't mind if the games continued with this renewed type of gameplay.

• Like 2

I also thoroughly enjoyed TLL. Right now it is my third favorite behind 2 and 1. I definitely like it better than 4. To me it is the right length with great pacing. I still would like to more about Chloe and Nadine and hope that ND does do another with the 2 of them. Yes I did learn a little more about them in TLL but I think it could be more over time. I mean we didn't know every thing about Drake and Sully after the first game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LazHimself said:

I didn't mind it other than the weak story and Nadine. But that's just my opinion. Gameplay, pacing, etc felt great to me.

Also, did they confirm this is the last Uncharted?

From Naughty Dog? Yes, and hopefully any other developer to come. 

11 hours ago, Death_Ninja said:

Enjoyed it more than Uncharted 1 and 3 as well as Golden Abyss. IMO The Lost Legacy is the third best Uncharted game next to Uncharted 2 and 4. 

Kinda enjoyed the set pieces more in TLL than most of 4's actually.

Well that's a first.

1 hour ago, GoldenSurprise said:

You should give it a try. It's much better than Uncharted 4. It doesn't have that horrible pacing problem that U4 has. It has a perfect combination between exploration, combat, puzzles and platforming. I had a lot of fun playing it and I didn't feel mind-blowingly bored like I felt when I played U4 for the first time. In fact, I feel that I could play Uncharted:The Lost Legacy over and over again without feeling bored. I really liked it. it's one of the best PS4 exclusives available at the moment, if not the best, in my opinion and the type of game that only Naughty Dog can make. For me, Naughty Dog is back to its best with this game.

TLL is definitely NOT better than 4, in any way.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I got the Platinum on TLL today and I must say, this game really let me down. Being the very final entry into the Uncharted franchise I was expecting so much more than what I got. I won't spoil anything but the story didn't have much character development and the game seemed to just be filled with puzzles. Chloe seems to have lost that charm from UC2 and the only character that really impressed me was the villain. I wouldn't say it's a bad game, but it's pretty meh according to Naughty Dog standards if you ask me. This is all coming from a Naughty Dog fanboy whose favorite franchises ARE Uncharted & TLOU...and has a ND bumper sticker on his car. Anyway I wanted to see if anyone feels the same or maybe you really liked it, let me know.

Don't know what you're talking about. Chloe was boring in the previous game. In this game, she's actually fun to play with. And then the trio together was pretty amusing. I really liked this game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

From Naughty Dog? Yes, and hopefully any other developer to come. 

Well that's a first.

TLL is definitely NOT better than 4, in any way.

Opinions mate, you shared your thoughts this is just what others think. 

For me lost legacy is way better then uncharted 1, golden abyss and 3. Shares the throne with uncharted 2 and 4. Even trough chapter 4 may be different from most uncharted games, I loved every single minute of the 3 hours I spent there. Lost legacy also has one of the best history lessons in the series and on top of that my beloved Chloe return, the same I missed so much with the awesome closure named Uncharted 4. 

• Like 2

I kind of agree with the OP.

The game isn't bad, it just seems rehashed and rushed. Technically and visually it's a beauty as one would expect from Naughty Dog, but replay value, I am not to sure. Characters were minimal, development was also minimal, and story wasn't too bad, but it just felt samey samey.

My biggest gripe was the lack of the Uncharted theme tune. 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2017 at 6:14 AM, Eshaal said:

I kind of agree with the OP.

The game isn't bad, it just seems rehashed and rushed. Technically and visually it's a beauty as one would expect from Naughty Dog, but replay value, I am not to sure. Characters were minimal, development was also minimal, and story wasn't too bad, but it just felt samey samey.

My biggest gripe was the lack of the Uncharted theme tune. 

YES. This is exactly how I feel. I'm not bashing on anyone that likes it I just struggle to see the appeal.

can't understand the ''hate''... i really really really enjoyed TLL... voice acting was superb as always, india setting was top notch, dialogues were fun. for the gameplay: it's a typical uncharted with a different skin. only - i have to give: lack of puzzles.

couldn't stand nadine in U4 and chloe in U2, but now i just love them... i hope ND will continue the franchise with these two

Spoiler

characters.

Edited by zeit86geist
  • Like 2

I like Lost Legacy but it really shits me for some reason. Maybe it's because Drake isn't in it or that I wanted a bit more from Chloe & Nadine, can't say exactly what it is.

It definitely isn't anywhere near as good as the 4 main games or Golden Abyss. Though it is a bit silly to compare full games to a standalone DLC, I suppose.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Feral said:

I like Lost Legacy but it really shits me for some reason. Maybe it's because Drake isn't in it or that I wanted a bit more from Chloe & Nadine, can't say exactly what it is.

It definitely isn't anywhere near as good as the 4 main games or Golden Abyss. Though it is a bit silly to compare full games to a standalone DLC, I suppose.

Yes, exactly. It just isn't meeting the standard of Uncharted. Given, it is shorter the game is no longer considered a "DLC" but rather its own separate entry into the series.

I will tell you all why TLL sucks as an Uncharted game.

- Gameplay is boring. There are not many original set pieces and a good chunk of the game is just puzzles. 

- Characters give you no moral obligation to care for them. It wasn't until the end that they saw something beyond material gain.

- MUSIC. I cannot tell you how quiet this game was. Like where's the adventurous and emotional Uncharted tunes I'm so used to hearing?

- Not much buildup. Yes there' should Asav but he's very much in the background until the very end. It doesn't seem like there's a present threat at all times. 

Again I was really hoping this game would excel but for me it didn't, I'd give it a 7.8/10.