Uncharted The Lost Legacy - The Worst of the Bunch?

10 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Yes, exactly. It just isn't meeting the standard of Uncharted. Given, it is shorter the game is no longer considered a "DLC" but rather its own separate entry into the series.

I will tell you all why TLL sucks as an Uncharted game.

- Gameplay is boring. There are not many original set pieces and a good chunk of the game is just puzzles. 

- Characters give you no moral obligation to care for them. It wasn't until the end that they saw something beyond material gain.

- MUSIC. I cannot tell you how quiet this game was. Like where's the adventurous and emotional Uncharted tunes I'm so used to hearing?

- Not much buildup. Yes there' should Asav but he's very much in the background until the very end. It doesn't seem like there's a present threat at all times. 

Again I was really hoping this game would excel but for me it didn't, I'd give it a 7.8/10.

Yeah not even close. Ah well I considered it DLC just because it was first marketed that way.

Agree with all those points. Though can't say I noticed the lack of music in the first play-through but definitely did second time around. 

On the Asav point. It kinda felt like they forgot about him then went oh shit the baddie needs to be in here and shoved him a bit more near the end.

• Like 1

I loved it personally. I would rank it ahead of Drake's Fortune and Golden Abyss but behind 2, 4, and 3 (in that exact order). Right down the middle.

Not a lot of demand for it, but I'd personally love to see a PS4 port/remaster of Golden Abyss next since it's incompatible with PlayStation TV. It's the weakest Uncharted game but I think it's underrated at the same time.

• Like 4

On 8-9-2017 at 2:56 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

- Gameplay is boring. There are not many original set pieces

Isn't the gameplay almost similar to Uncharted 4, which was great? Also, you didn't think that the

Spoiler

scene with the elephants and the set piece in the final chapter

were great?

and a good chunk of the game is just puzzles. 

The game only had 4 puzzles in it, which is less than Uncharted 3 and Uncharted 4 and I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 had more puzzles too. So if you don't really like the puzzles (like me), that really isn't anything to complain about in this game.

It wasn't until the end that they saw something beyond material gain.

I don't know if you followed the story closely but 

Spoiler

Chloe didn't care about material gain for a second. All she wanted was finding the treasure her father spent so much time investigating in but never found.

- MUSIC. I cannot tell you how quiet this game was. Like where's the adventurous and emotional Uncharted tunes I'm so used to hearing?

I didn't mind this personally and didn't really notice it but I can see why you feel like it missed something.

- Not much buildup. Yes there' should Asav but he's very much in the background until the very end. It doesn't seem like there's a present threat at all times. 

How exactly was he not a threat if other Uncharted villians (in previous games in the series) were? I felt like it was pretty much the same as in all other games: 1. He wants to get the same treasure and wants to get it before you are able to, 2. Just when you think you're ahead of him, he manages to get ahead of you again and 3. He has something you want/need to get the treasure so you'll either need to get that back or need his help.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, Lucas said:

Isn't the gameplay almost similar to Uncharted 4, which was great? Also, you didn't think that the

Hide contents

scene with the elephants and the set piece in the final chapter

were great?

The game only had 4 puzzles in it, which is less than Uncharted 3 and Uncharted 4 and I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 had more puzzles too. So if you don't really like the puzzles (like me), that really isn't anything to complain about in this game.

I don't know if you followed the story closely but 

Hide contents

Chloe didn't care about material gain for a second. All she wanted was finding the treasure her father spent so much time investigating in but never found.

I didn't mind this personally and didn't really notice it but I can see why you feel like it missed something.

How exactly was he not a threat if other Uncharted villians (in previous games in the series) were? I felt like it was pretty much the same as in all other games: 1. He wants to get the same treasure and wants to get it before you are able to, 2. Just when you think you're ahead of him, he manages to get ahead of you again and 3. He has something you want/need to get the treasure so you'll either need to get that back or need his help.

You misunderstood what I meant by gameplay. I mean set pieces like the Madagascar chase in 4, plane sequence in 3, and things like that. The gameplay in terms of controls is obviously the same as 4. When it comes to set pieces the only major one TLL had was stolen from UC2. The game "only" had four puzzles but since it's minimized as an Uncharted game it takes up a lot more of the game's percentage than it needs to. Also, you SURE all Chloe cared about was completing her father's work? Anytime she mentioned her father up until later in the game was about how he was overly-obsessed with the tusk and it diminished her up growing. I feel she went ahead and took advantage of the opportunity to make some money since she had a considerable amount of knowledge on the tusk thanks to her dad. What I mean by "no threat" is that Asav simply didn't make enough appearances to seem relevant. All the other villains made good enough of an impression that they made you feel as thought you had to stay on your toes 24/7.

I personally enjoyed the game a lot(Abyss is the only one i haven't played so far). It wasn't as good as the previous ones but not because its playability and history are weak compared to those of the previous instalement. The real reason behind that is, i felt somehow like I was playing an expansion of Uncharted 4 rather than a new uncharted game. Anyway, i would say it is worth buying consedering it's price and that it is just a spin off, therefore I believe there is not a real reason to complain.

Also, I liked the idea of playing like Chloe since she wasn't present in Uncharted 4.

Edited by BlackSnake1435

Unpopular opinion apparently here but lost legacy was just a step above uncharted 3 for me.  I'm not saying it's a bad game but out if all the uncharted games it wasn't that impressive to me personally.  The puzzles were fun but all the combat/stealth sections really dragged it down.  Only on the last few chapters did the game start to pick up for me with the combat.  I disliked that armored truck section we're you stealth around and really didn't like the sections during chapter 4.  I liked the weapons though and found Chloe and nadine to have great chemistry (besides from the forced conflict in the middle).  Also they didn't need to bring back a CERTAIN character as heavily as they did.  The main Villain was also well done

On 9/14/2017 at 2:29 PM, Muskratateer said:

Unpopular opinion apparently here but lost legacy was just a step above uncharted 3 for me.  I'm not saying it's a bad game but out if all the uncharted games it wasn't that impressive to me personally.  The puzzles were fun but all the combat/stealth sections really dragged it down.  Only on the last few chapters did the game start to pick up for me with the combat.  I disliked that armored truck section we're you stealth around and really didn't like the sections during chapter 4.  I liked the weapons though and found Chloe and nadine to have great chemistry (besides from the forced conflict in the middle).  Also they didn't need to bring back a CERTAIN character as heavily as they did.  The main Villain was also well done

I agree but it wasn't even a step above 3, more like a step below 1 LOL.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:38 AM, BlackSnake1435 said:

I personally enjoyed the game a lot(Abyss is the only one i haven't played so far). It wasn't as good as the previous ones but not because its playability and history are weak compared to those of the previous instalement. The real reason behind that is, i felt somehow like I was playing an expansion of Uncharted 4 rather than a new uncharted game. Anyway, i would say it is worth buying consedering it's price and that it is just a spin off, therefore I believe there is not a real reason to complain.

Also, I liked the idea of playing like Chloe since she wasn't present in Uncharted 4.

Yeah I mean it's still somewhat enjoyable but $40 for a game that you can finish in under ten hours is not worth it IMO.

I think it's good, not great. Felt very paint by numbers for Uncharted. This is what I would expect a non-Naughty Dog Uncharted to be like, on console anyway, but... this was actually from them. So it's definitely odd. If I consider that 1 was their first time doing this kind of game, then this would be the "worst" one. If I just take the as they are, then this is second worst to me. Though maybe below U3, it's been awhile since I played that one.

This one rehashed quite a few things from previous games. I'm sure it once being DLC had a lot to do with that. Story didn't have a huge impact to me. A certain somebody felt shoehorned in there for no real reason. Apparently they didn't learn from U3 that just shoving in characters to have them there is a bad idea.

Music is forgettable. Chapter 4 is probably one of the most long drawn out dregs in the entire series. I'd put it up there with the jetsky sections in U1.

• Like 1

Honestly I didn't really go in with high expectations. I expected it to be the "worst" of the bunch, which could still amount to it being a great game. But I just finished my first playthrough and I was pleasantly surprised. Even with it being on a smaller scale I felt it was very high quality. Wouldn't say it's better than 2 or 3, but to me it's definitely comparable to 4 and better than the first Uncharted game.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:31 AM, Elvick_ said:

I think it's good, not great. Felt very paint by numbers for Uncharted. This is what I would expect a non-Naughty Dog Uncharted to be like, on console anyway, but... this was actually from them. So it's definitely odd. If I consider that 1 was their first time doing this kind of game, then this would be the "worst" one. If I just take the as they are, then this is second worst to me. Though maybe below U3, it's been awhile since I played that one.

This one rehashed quite a few things from previous games. I'm sure it once being DLC had a lot to do with that. Story didn't have a huge impact to me. A certain somebody felt shoehorned in there for no real reason. Apparently they didn't learn from U3 that just shoving in characters to have them there is a bad idea.

Music is forgettable. Chapter 4 is probably one of the most long drawn out dregs in the entire series. I'd put it up there with the jetsky sections in U1.

Oh yes the music, the game was practically silent!

15 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

I was enjoying the Game until I got to Chapter 4 and the amount collectibles in that chapter ruined the experience. 

That bloated chapter is only one of multiple things that bugged me but yes you're right.

15 hours ago, Brettyboy888 said:

Puzzles always ruin the mood of a shooter. We play shooters to shoot virtual enemies. Not to solve boring ass puzzles.

I agree with to an extent because after all, this is Uncharted. There's gotta least be SOME puzzles, but not to the point where they overtake the action.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, aidan2110 said:

This game is awful. Nearing the end of the hell that is Chapter 4, I just realized that my last lock box is unobtainable since it's impossible to reenter this fortress. So now I get to play it all over again. Yay. Such tedious BS, and the story line is boring as hell. 

Preach. Naughty Dog really dropped the ball with this one.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 4:38 AM, Brettyboy888 said:

Puzzles always ruin the mood of a shooter. We play shooters to shoot virtual enemies. Not to solve boring ass puzzles.

I actually thought that the puzzles in this game were the best out of any of the uncharted games. they actually required critical thinking instead of just coping what's in your notebook.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

I actually thought that the puzzles in this game were the best out of any of the uncharted games. they actually required critical thinking instead of just coping what's in your notebook.

Puzzles just really aren't my cup of tea.

I love the Uncharted series. Uncharted 2 was one of my first PS3 games and I was blown away by the game when I first played it in 2010, it really raised the standards of modern gaming. Uncharted 3 had amazing set pieces as well at the cost of overall coherence. Now, Uncharted 4 was vastly more bland of an experience, because it was practically a treasure hunter's middle life crisis: The Game. No flashy action, too serious.

The Lost Legacy. It is the first Naughty Dog game since Crash Bandicoot that I would consider mediocre. However, in TLL's defense, it was meant to be a DLC not a standalone game. It should be taken into account. 

The game is simply boring. The combat sequences are poorly designed. This is Uncharted. Action, yeah? No. You need to be stealthy in almost all encounters, and sometimes it's better to avoid being seen altogether. Go play Uncharted 2 and see how stealth is implemented right. It's a feature, but not something you need to rely on. This is causing me to sigh every time I enter a combat sequence. 

Also, not being a misogynist, but the two female leads don't work nearly as well as Drake and Sully. However, Nadine's character has seen improvement since Uncharted 4 I must say. 

And lastly, everything has already been done. The 

Spoiler

train sequence in the end was already done in Uncharted 2. This is a poor copy of what Uncharted 2 already did. They are running out of ideas which is a clear sign the Uncharted series must be hibernated. Though, I will be missing the multiplayer aspect of the games. Best 3PS online multiplayer. 

EDIT: The puzzles were the best part of TLL. Uncharted 2-4 insult the player's intelligence with the "puzzles". 

Edited by ID-69

On 9/26/2017 at 8:15 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

That bloated chapter is only one of multiple things that bugged me but yes you're right.

I agree with to an extent because after all, this is Uncharted. There's gotta least be SOME puzzles, but not to the point where they overtake the action.

Naughty Dog need to start taking cues from other developers already. You're great, we get it. But... Bend with Golden Abyss did it better in some ways. Collectibles helped with world building, which made them fun to actually get. At least for me. At best what we get is one out of every 50 treasures has a small dialog mention about it. Like that one where a certain character is, and you have to go around to get it. And as you come out they mention something like, "Oh yeah, I totally missed that" or something. Wow, actual acknowledgement of collecting this physical object. It's nice.

I digress. More to the point, Bend with GA... LET YOU SKIP PUZZLES IN CHAPTER SELECT. The puzzles were good in TLL, but... they were annoying as hell the third time through to C5. (stupid no gun/explosive trophy... what a dumb trophy) every Uncharted grates on the patience if you play through more than once with the puzzles. Once is fine, but  more than that and it's just... ugg.. I don't mind going through some platforming (exclusive) sections, but parts like in U2 where you have to climb that stupid thing three damn times and go every which way is annoying. Or carrying those heavy ass things that take ages to move around the room. Just let me toss the dagger/whatever special key item in a secret hole in subsequent play throughs that were just kind of "missed" the first time Nate and the Gang (or in this case, Chloe and Nadine) went through. Can even toss a throwaway joke about it. "Good thing I saw this!" or "That was easier than I expected".

Nope. Do these puzzles over. and over. and over. Ugh. Just let me enjoy the parts I want to replay, the combat and to a lesser extent the "platforming".

Edited by Elvick_

The only Uncharted game that had a minimal amount of puzzles was the first one. Only 60 treasures if I'm not mistaken, and only two or three puzzles that broke the action between the set pieces.

I don't understand people who decide to buy Uncharted, but when they're tasked with solving a puzzle they get upset because they have to spend a few minutes "playing" them rather than shoot more enemies. It's a goddamn Uncharted game. Play Call of Duty or Battlefield if you want more action packed gameplay with plenty of enemies to shoot.

Of course it makes sense why people would get annoying if they had to go through the puzzles more than once. One of the problems I had with Uncharted 4 was the load loading times that generally followed when I skipped cutscenes for the speedrun trophy. The pacing was also inconsistent.

Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 both had very consistent flow, there was a very steady balance of combat, puzzle solving and walking bits involving the journal.

In Uncharted 3 we start to see more of a inconsistency. There is a section involving young Nathan Drake, which was fine. But later on you are having to navigate your way through a pirate ship graveyard, which was in all honesty filler. Then you had to chase down Marlowe and Talbot through the desert. 

I will admit, the airplane fight and the crash scene, followed by the trudging in the desert are some of the best, most gorgeous looking scenes on the PS3. I can well imagine a lot of people were amazed the system could produce such graphics when Uncharted 3 came out in 2011. But the game was pretty inconsistent, and quite honestly there wasn't as much combat as there was in the second Uncharted game.

This was extended further in Uncharted 4, I can understand why people would get bored as there are long drawn out sections where you don't fire a gun at all. I really wish Naughty Dog would of given Nadine and Rafe a little more screentime. I'm one of the few who felt Rafe was a chill but cold villain. He felt more down to earth and more of a real human being than a crazed bad guy like Navarro and Lazarevic.

Just giving out my thoughts and opinions on this, since Uncharted is probably my second favorite Playstation series, behind God of War.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

On 10/1/2017 at 2:48 AM, aidan2110 said:

I did figure out that I could just get it through encounter select thankfully, for anyone having similar issues. 

Wrong post buddy.

On 10/3/2017 at 2:51 AM, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Not really, they were really easy IMO. Intricate, but easy.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:02 PM, ID-69 said:

I love the Uncharted series. Uncharted 2 was one of my first PS3 games and I was blown away by the game when I first played it in 2010, it really raised the standards of modern gaming. Uncharted 3 had amazing set pieces as well at the cost of overall coherence. Now, Uncharted 4 was vastly more bland of an experience, because it was practically a treasure hunter's middle life crisis: The Game. No flashy action, too serious.

The Lost Legacy. It is the first Naughty Dog game since Crash Bandicoot that I would consider mediocre. However, in TLL's defense, it was meant to be a DLC not a standalone game. It should be taken into account. 

The game is simply boring. The combat sequences are poorly designed. This is Uncharted. Action, yeah? No. You need to be stealthy in almost all encounters, and sometimes it's better to avoid being seen altogether. Go play Uncharted 2 and see how stealth is implemented right. It's a feature, but not something you need to rely on. This is causing me to sigh every time I enter a combat sequence. 

Also, not being a misogynist, but the two female leads don't work nearly as well as Drake and Sully. However, Nadine's character has seen improvement since Uncharted 4 I must say. 

And lastly, everything has already been done. The 

Hide contents

train sequence in the end was already done in Uncharted 2. This is a poor copy of what Uncharted 2 already did. They are running out of ideas which is a clear sign the Uncharted series must be hibernated. Though, I will be missing the multiplayer aspect of the games. Best 3PS online multiplayer. 

EDIT: The puzzles were the best part of TLL. Uncharted 2-4 insult the player's intelligence with the "puzzles". 

I agree with like 80% of what you said. You say Uncharted 2-4 have easy puzzles, but you seem to not remember the puzzle under the mansion in France from Uncharted 3...