Should I play?

dadamek8

Generally I always prefer to play all previous games first in a series but the inFamous series really is an exception. Just make sure you play inFamous 1 before playing inFamous 2 and inFamous Festival of Blood and to play inFamous Second Son before playing inFamous First Light to get the best experience out of the games. Whether you play the first three games first or Second Son and First Light first really doesn't matter.

• Like 1

As everyone said, the story from the first two games hardly impacts inFamous SS. At most, you can look up the good ending for inFamous 2, because that's the "canon" ending that takes place many years before SS. :)

Edited by ghostehkins
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Having played all of them, I can say that u don't need to but infamous 1 and 2 are freaking awesome and you'd be missing out!

Agreed. Infamous 1,2 are awesome and must-play, other infamous titles are not necessary to play if you are not a fan.

• Like 1

Maybe this quote from the trophy guide for Infamous SS on playstationtrophies.org could answer your question?

Don't worry if you missed the previous inFAMOUS games. This is not a direct sequel and therefore you will be able to follow the story without a problem, even if you have never heard of inFAMOUS before. This does not tie in at all with the previous games, except for the fact it is the same universe.

My very first Infamous game was Second Son. I didn't play the first couple of games and had no love for the series before playing SS for the first time yet that didn't impact on how much I freaking loved this game. The beautiful city, the brilliant story and fantastic gameplay have all stuck with me 18 months after I have last played the game. Ignore the people who tell you that you need to play the first couple of games before playing SS. It isn't necessary, trust me.

Second Son, and it's spinoff First Light, are what you'd call a standalone sequel. Meaning, they are a sequel, sure, but they also can stand on their own and you don't need any experience with the series before hand to jump in and enjoy the game.

It's a fun game and it's well worth adding to your download list for free. You need no experience with the series at all, though I'd still advise playing inFamous 2 as it's probably the best in the series.

I have played all of the Infamous games and stand alones and for me this was the best one. I know alot of people didn't like it as much as the older games but I found Infamous 1/2 pretty clunky and not very fun to play, also the story and cast was not as interesting as alot of people made it out to be IMO.

I think for me the 60 FPS really helped, Second Son feels really great to play because of it.