Soooo....couple questions

juicetown123

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-8-30 at 3:49 PM, juicetown123 said:

Anyone know anything about these trophies. I bought it I hate it but I'm halfway decent at it. I'm commiting to making at least a little progress everyday til i finish it. If I can finish it. Are all the trophies possible?  Glitches or just really difficult to obtain?

The trophies are tough to obtain due to the nature of the game, I still need to earn the last trophy though, the bright side is that I'm only 2 unlocks left to go, the one for getting all items (which means picking or buying them) and the one for unlocking all unlocks. I'll post the pictures and give some tips after earning the last trophy, that is after coming back home.

Finally... it took several runs until the game decided to spawn the last item that I needed to pick up in order to earn the unlock for getting all items and inmediately after that happened the unlock for earning all unlocks and the last trophy popped, both have the same name, ParaNUT.

nqGF8AP.jpg

rTGZREd.jpg

1x9u6gZ.jpg

za69CLo.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Finally... it took several runs until the game decided to spawn the last item that I needed to pick up in order to earn the unlock for getting all items and inmediately after that happened the unlock for earning all unlocks and the last trophy popped, both have the same name, ParaNUT.

Nice work, what would you rate the game difficulty/time wise? I played it a while back but was kinda turned off by the controls feeling slightly off. 

Tips:

First, get used to die as you will a lot.

Secondly, get the hang of the game first playing on normal mode, this game is not that hard if you have the right items and weapons, and several lives and/or armor. Some bosses and mini-bosses are tougher than others and several lives are required (in combination with the right powerups if possible) in order to make it alive to the next floor or even rthe next room. The best weapons are the grenade launcher and the sickle (it can be throw if the button to fire is hold). The best superweapon is the katana due to a glitch I accidentaly found when playing the game as it helps to beat some bosses, that are a pain to beat with the grenade launcher, in a matter of seconds; However, if you are low on lives, you probably won't survive even by using the glitch, so remember to use powerups. The most useful powerups when fighting are the Ankh (gives invulnerability), the Assault (does more damage), and the Gold Heart (totally restores health and is very useful is you 6 have lives or more). When playing with characters with low health or low speed try getting some items that increase lives capacity and mobility; you will likely have to play several runs until you finally get the right stuff. Regarding items, Iron Heart is very helpful as you will be able to gather more lives than your health capacity allows you to have. Kamikaze is also very useful if you have several bombs as your health will be replaced with your bombs. 

Thirdly, upper floors will have greater threads, monkeys and nazis are the most annoying in my opinion, so get rid of them as soon as possible. The glitched katana gets rid of the monkeys in no time, but be careful as sometimes they get very close before you even know it. On the other hand, try getting rid of the nazis with the grenade launcher, do not kill  them with the katana unless you have several lives and/or very high speed as they can kill you very quickly.

Lastly, be persistent, keep playing the game, take breaks when necessary, and restart when you feel like the current run is not worth playing. 

PD: The only difference between normal mode and hardcore mode is that in hardcore mode a ghost spawns when you spend too much time in a floor. To reach the 8th floor you need to kill the boss from the 7th floor, Dahlia. After she dies quickly grab the knife that is spawned, you need to kill any other enemies spawned by her first, so that you can kill the ghost that appears right after she dies. After the ghost dies he will drop a key which is required to make it to the 8th floor. DO NOT take the elevator in that room, head back to the one you came in and take it, that is the only way to make it to the 8th floor. On the 8th floor, you will find a boss or mini-boss in each room, and some lesser enemies, so be sure to have enough lives or useful powerups. When you reach the boss room you will fight Dahlia again, so repeat the process. 

Also, some unlocks may dissapear when you close the game, it happened to me with "Picky Eater" and "Bouncer", just earn other unlocks and attempt them later if that happens. 

17 minutes ago, Gage said:

Nice work, what would you rate the game difficulty/time wise? I played it a while back but was kinda turned off by the controls feeling slightly off. 

Probably an 8/10. I found Rogue Legacy to be more difficult in my opinion. It all depends on the items and weapons you have.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

Tips:

First, get used to die as you will a lot.

Secondly, get the hang of the game first playing on normal mode, this game is not that hard if you have the right items and weapons, and several lives and/or armor. Some bosses and mini-bosses are tougher than others and several lives are required (in combination with the right powerups if possible) in order to make it alive to the next floor or even rthe next room. The best weapons are the grenade launcher and the sickle (it can be throw if the button to fire is hold). The best superweapon is the katana due to a glitch I accidentaly found when playing the game as it helps to beat some bosses, that are a pain to beat with the grenade launcher, in a matter of seconds; However, if you are low on lives, you probably won't survive even by using the glitch, so remember to use powerups. The most useful powerups when fighting are the Ankh (gives invulnerability), the Assault (does more damage), and the Gold Heart (totally restores health and is very useful is you 6 have lives or more). When playing with characters with low health or low speed try getting some items that increase lives capacity and mobility; you will likely have to play several runs until you finally get the right stuff. Regarding items, Iron Heart is very helpful as you will be able to gather more lives than your health capacity allows you to have. Kamikaze is also very useful if you have several bombs as your health will be replaced with your bombs. 

Thirdly, upper floors will have greater threads, monkeys and nazis are the most annoying in my opinion, so get rid of them as soon as possible. The glitched katana gets rid of the monkeys in no time, but be careful as sometimes they get very close before you even know it. On the other hand, try getting rid of the nazis with the grenade launcher, do not kill  them with the katana unless you have several lives and/or very high speed as they can kill you very quickly.

Lastly, be persistent, keep playing the game, take breaks when necessary, and restart when you feel like the current run is not worth playing. 

PD: The only difference between normal mode and hardcore mode is that in hardcore mode a ghost spawns when you spend too much time in a floor. To reach the 8th floor you need to kill the boss from the 7th floor, Dahlia. After she dies quickly grab the knife that is spawned, you need to kill any other enemies spawned by her first, so that you can kill the ghost that appears right after she dies. After the ghost dies he will drop a key which is required to make it to the 8th floor. DO NOT take the elevator in that room, head back to the one you came in and take it, that is the only way to make it to the 8th floor. On the 8th floor, you will find a boss or mini-boss in each room, and some lesser enemies, so be sure to have enough lives or useful powerups. When you reach the boss room you will fight Dahlia again, so repeat the process. 

Also, some unlocks may dissapear when you close the game, it happened to me with "Picky Eater" and "Bouncer", just earn other unlocks and attempt them later if that happens. 

Probably an 8/10. I found Rogue Legacy to be more difficult in my opinion. It all depends on the items and weapons you have.

Congrats on being the first to 100% the game. It's hard enough for me to get the Dingy, and at least 1 good item (Converter, or an item that replaces jump with gravity rotation preferably) on the first 2 floors for the speed-run unlock. I might have to start playing this again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Avalynch said:

Congrats on being the first to 100% the game. It's hard enough for me to get the Dingy, and at least 1 good item (Converter, or an item that replaces jump with gravity rotation preferably) on the first 2 floors for the speed-run unlock. I might have to start playing this again.

Thanks. I completed the speedrun unlock early, I haven't unlocked the best items back then. I used the katana glitch though. The key here is to quickly find the boss room (the one with a pentagram) and take care of the boss asap. Attempt this on normal and peek on the rooms so you can see if the red door is on the room you are peeking or not.

Dingy is very useful when attempting to beat the game on hardcore with all characters as your chances to run into nazis decrease.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 1:45 AM, Deceptrox said:

Thanks. I completed the speedrun unlock early, I haven't unlocked the best items back then. I used the katana glitch though. The key here is to quickly find the boss room (the one with a pentagram) and take care of the boss asap. Attempt this on normal and peek on the rooms so you can see if the red door is on the room you are peeking or not.

Dingy is very useful when attempting to beat the game on hardcore with all characters as your chances to run into nazis decrease.

Nice work on 100%  u should write guide on it

16 hours ago, demonviper666 said:

Nice work on 100%  u should write guide on it

Thanks. I would write one if there weren't any guides online, but I think people can use the same guide for the xbox version that I used. The only difference is that fortunately there is only one boss (instead of 3) in the boss room of the 8th floor in the PS version. 

By the way, in the xbox version each unlock is an achievement, because of that I believe the PS version should have had a platinum; each unlock should have been a trophy, and the trophy "ParaNUT", the platinum.

Edited by Deceptrox

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 11/30/2017 at 2:38 PM, Deceptrox said:

Apparently there has been another 100% achiever of this game for some weeks, however when checking the leaderboards and 100% club there is only one person's id displayed ...that's strange.

Hi man ?

As you are the only person in the world who got this 100% in years ,could u say to me how much approximately time it can be done?

It is at least 100 hours or is doable with 30 or 50?

I know is hard to know exactly but just an estimate.

And super mutant alien assault,wich difficult ranting u will give to it and time?

Sorry for bother but I guess u are one of the few people who can answer this 

9 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Hi man 1f601.png

As you are the only person in the world who got this 100% in years ,could u say to me how much approximately time it can be done?

It is at least 100 hours or is doable with 30 or 50?

I know is hard to know exactly but just an estimate.

And super mutant alien assault,wich difficult ranting u will give to it and time?

Sorry for bother but I guess u are one of the few people who can answer this 

Hey. Back in the day when I completed this game I probably played it for between 6 to 7 hours per day (except the last day and maybe the first). It took me around 11 days to complete it, so I'll say it took me at least 50 - 60 hours to 100% complete it.

My only strategy for the game was try to get the grenade launcher and katana for every character that wasn't Dy-no-mite and speed and health items to increase the stats. I know other people like the sickle a lot but I prefered the grenade launcher over it. The katana was extremely good against the bosses due to a glitch that lets you keep it active as it was attacking but without using ammo. Simply tap the attack button near a boss and keep it close to it, if you see that the boss is losing health when you aren't attacking it means the katana glitched. Just don't press the attack button again when the katana is equipped or you'll have to do the same thing again. You can still equip your regular weapon and change to the katana when you need to face a boss or other annoying enemies. I wasn't able to reproduce the glitch on PS4.

I used the following guide to complete in-game unlocks:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Paranautical-Activity/walkthrough/6

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Hey. Back in the day when I completed this game I probably played it for between 6 to 7 hours per day (except the last day and maybe the first). It took me around 11 days to complete it, so I'll say it took me at least 50 - 60 hours to 100% complete it.

My only strategy for the game was try to get the grenade launcher and katana for every character that wasn't Dy-no-mite and speed and health items to increase the stats. I know other people like the sickle a lot but I prefered the grenade launcher over it. The katana was extremely good against the bosses due to a glitch that lets you keep it active as it was attacking but without using ammo. Simply tap the attack button near a boss and keep it close to it, if you see that the boss is losing health when you aren't attacking it means the katana glitched. Just don't press the attack button again when the katana is equipped or you'll have to do the same thing again. You can still equip your regular weapon and change to the katana when you need to face a boss or other annoying enemies. I wasn't able to reproduce the glitch on PS4.

I used the following guide to complete in-game unlocks:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Paranautical-Activity/walkthrough/6

Thanks a lot for all the useful information man ? it will really help, one last question how fun and how boring the game and the grind can be?

53 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Thanks a lot for all the useful information man 1f601.png it will really help, one last question how fun and how boring the game and the grind can be?

Since I was attempting to be the first achiever I didn't feel bored, I know the game isn't the best out there and that it could've been way better (a plat would've been great), what kept me focused and engaged was completing all in-game unlocks. Of course some of them were annoying but it felt good when I finally completed all unlocks.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Since I was attempting to be the first achiever I didn't feel bored, I know the game isn't the best out there and that it could've been way better (a plat would've been great), what kept me focused and engaged was completing all in-game unlocks. Of course some of them were annoying but it felt good when I finally completed all unlocks.

Thanks for all ur aswners man ?

Is funny cuz I only got interested in this game cuz I saw a cheater on isaac JAP and he got this 100% then I saw the pic of the trophy and i remembered that was ur profile fórum pic ?

And when I saw the gameplay i liked and it wasn't look a bad game,so if one day I ever get close to the 100% is cuz of ur profile fórum pic ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Thanks for all ur aswners man 1f601.png

Is funny cuz I only got interested in this game cuz I saw a cheater on isaac JAP and he got this 100% then I saw the pic of the trophy and i remembered that was ur profile fórum pic 1f605.png

And when I saw the gameplay i liked and it wasn't look a bad game,so if one day I ever get close to the 100% is cuz of ur profile fórum pic ?

Yeah, I want to make a custom profile pic but I haven't yet. 

Good luck on your journey to 100%.

• Like 1