PS Plus September 2017 (Some questions)

A_93juantheone

Is this game really hard to Platinum? Or is it just really obscure? I didn't even know this sport existed till I saw that this was coming out. I'm going to play it regardless, but I was just wondering since it's Ultra Rare here on PSNProfiles. Is it really difficult? And is it the controls or just the nature of the game?

• Like 1

Some notes about this game (from a person that Plat'ed this game twice and is writing a guide for it):

- this game do not have any tutorial section and have not difficulty selection. For newcomers, this game may be a bit hard to getting used to;

- most of challenges are more grindy than hard (the "hardest ones" are winning two championships in a row with the same team and maximizing all stats, but probably the biggest "grind" is a challenge for receiving 10 offers - in a game that do not send any offer after you've accepted one until next season);

- the biggest mess of this game is "Celebrity" trophy - the trophy's description says "be recruited by a 4-star team", but I've tested being recruited by plenty of 4-star and 5-star teams, and just two granted me that trophy...

Spoiler

Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain

- as maxstirner_2015 said, there is not online trophies.

As I've said, I'm working on a guide for Vita's version (if nothing goes wrong, probably I will publish it next week...), but my guide can be used for PS3 and PS4 versions as well, since all trophies are the same - actually, playing this game on PS3 or PS4 would be considerably easier, due to:

- some trophies that can be very difficult to being achieved by one controller (like Vita) are a lot easier using two controllers;

- Vita's version is a lot glitched (every 2~3 matches my Vita freezes or shut off due to a fatal error), but PS3 version is quite stable.

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Some notes about this game (from a person that Plat'ed this game twice and is writing a guide for it):

- this game do not have any tutorial section and have not difficulty selection. For newcomers, this game may be a bit hard to getting used to;

- most of challenges are more grindy than hard (the "hardest ones" are winning two championships in a row with the same team and maximizing all stats, but probably the biggest "grind" is a challenge for receiving 10 offers - in a game that do not send any offer after you've accepted one until next season);

- the biggest mess of this game is "Celebrity" trophy - the trophy's description says "be recruited by a 4-star team", but I've tested being recruited by plenty of 4-star and 5-star teams, and just two granted me that trophy...

Hide contents

Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain

- as maxstirner_2015 said, there is not online trophies.

As I've said, I'm working on a guide for Vita's version (if nothing goes wrong, probably I will publish it next week...), but my guide can be used for PS3 and PS4 versions as well, since all trophies are the same - actually, playing this game on PS3 or PS4 would be considerably easier, due to:

- some trophies that can be very difficult to being achieved by one controller (like Vita) are a lot easier using two controllers;

- Vita's version is a lot glitched (every 2~3 matches my Vita freezes or shut off due to a fatal error), but PS3 version is quite stable.

Awesome I'll be looking forward to it!

I just finished the plat and there's a few things that I noticed when I was playing that would probably help speed things up (since this game is absolute garbage). When you allocate career points onto your character, it doesn't reflect on your player card until you switch teams. This means that you should avoid switching teams too quickly. To elaborate on that, what I did for my plat was:

1st season: Played until I got an offer from a 3 star team (around half way through the season) and accepted that
2nd season: On my 3 star team I the whole season with the (to get the other trophy)
3rd season: I played almost all of this season with them too, but towards the end I accepted a 2 star offer 
4th season: After around 7 games I got an offer for a 5 star team (Barcelona) like was previously mentioned and got the celebrity trophy from that.

So during the 2nd season I got the 10 contracts challenge done since i rejected all my offers. I took a 2 star offer because I needed it to register my popularity as 100. The best advice I can give is to make an extra save file (save it onto online or onto a memory stick) when you are close to getting your 5 star team offer, since it seems that most of the 5 star teams won't give you the trophy. That way you can keep trying to get an offer from Barcalona or PSG i believe so that you can get the celebrity trophy.

22 hours ago, tqpix said:

How do you do a spin shot?  A trophy requires me to score a goal using a spin shot.

Try using L2 + square or circle; sometimes when the goalkeeper is close and you aim at the lower or upper corners the player should perform this kind of shot. I've got the trophy without trying as far as I remember.

3 minutes ago, maxstirner_2015 said:

Try using L2 + square or circle; sometimes when the goalkeeper is close and you aim at the lower or upper corners the player should perform this kind of shot. I've got the trophy without trying as far as I remember.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Does anybody have any good tips for racking up skill points (excluding completing challenges), I seem to only be getting 40-80 skill points per win on a 2-star team.  Is that about all I'll be getting per match or is there a way to get more per match without potential losing it?

Edited by grap2000
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 7:52 AM, grap2000 said:

Does anybody have any good tips for racking up skill points (excluding completing challenges), I seem to only be getting 40-80 skill points per win on a 2-star team.  Is that about all I'll be getting per match or is there a way to get more per match without potential losing it?

Only way to get higher amount of points, is to play for 4-5 star team. No other easy way to grind points.

Edited by SzczepanTDi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A tip for getting intercepts, five goals in a row and winning by ten goals: start a local game and use a 2nd controller, so you can play against your 2nd controller. Intercepting a pass becomes rather easy this way, though it still requires a few tries. You also control whomever has the ball, so whenever controller 2 has the ball (after you scored for example), walk over the sideline to give the ball back to yourself. I got 5 intercepts and 11 goals in one 6 minute match this way. This will probably work for the ps4 version as well, and obviously won't work for the vita version.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 05.12.2017 at 8:04 AM, closertim said:

Anyone else reckon that this game is possibly the worst game ever made?

Indeed. I hate it for cheating AI that plays like God and you can‘t even choose difficulty level! Why do I need these interceptions, blocks, standings when AI scores like 95% of his attacks? All I do is prey for my keeper that plays like he has Down syndrome while opponent‘s keeper is a beast. I hate this game.

• Like 1