Super Meat Boy Forever

REAPER4536

11 minutes ago, Jare said:

thats cool theres another one coming, i wonder how much harder it'll be

I'm guessing you blow up automatically at the start of the level, immediately negating any perfect run achievement unless you input a secret code within a fraction of a second. And this code changes from level to level.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully I'll get the platinum for Super Meat Boy before this comes out. Got three no death runs left to do, and they're the hardest ones in the whole game.

If Forever is going to be a lot of platforming ala The Kid's warpzones and those glitch levels, I will be in for a world of hurt.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a reminder: so apparently, Super Meat Boy Forever finally has been released one month ago for Epic Games and Switch only (yet), with very subpar metascore on metacritic (71 and 66 for version on Epic Store and Switch, respectively) and even worse user ratings. https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/super-meat-boy-forever It also appears to be easier than Super Meat Boy, both level-wise and 100%-wise.

Few sources like psu.com stated game will be released on January 2021 (official site doesn't say which month), but we can safely say it won't happen. February? Or maybe late 2021, as Epic Games had to have one year of exclusivity over Steam (worst case scenario).

There's also seem to be an in-game achievements list, which may be connected to upcoming trophy list somewhat.

"However, for those looking for a true challenge, there is a collectible and a time trial on every level as well. You must master each level in under a scary fast amount of time without dying in order to receive an S rank on each level, unlock their Dark World counterparts, and accrue all of the in-game achievements. Many of these achievements and the collectibles are tied to unlocking alternate characters who, unlike the original game, seem not to come with any powerups and are merely aesthetic.

From https://butwhythopodcast.com/2020/12/24/review-super-meat-boy-forever-lives-on-switch/

Personally, as original SMB fan, I was super hyped about this title when it was announced to be released on April 2019, but when release was postponed again, I started to care less over time. Now I don't care about this game too much, especially with such subpar reviews, but probably add to wishlist on psprices and wait for first sale.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still have to tackle the original Super Meat Boy trophies. Only played it on Steam when it was released.

I've read that Forever is by far not as good as the original game tho. Will still play it I guess.

Edited by Yoey_666

I was actually pretty sure that I would pre-order this game as soon as I could. Unfortunately, it looks like the sequel is... not really a worthy successor. 

For the time being, I will hold off buying this one and either wait for a good sale at some point down the line, or for other reviews to change my mind ?

• Like 1

After watching videos on this..wtf. The only thing SMB about this is Meatboy himself. Classic example of don’t fix what isn’t broken. I’ll probably still get this on sale but idk why they revamped the whole game into something completely different.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still had some interest in this game even when finding out it's a sidescroller, and seeing some gameplay of it, but by now I don't think I'm gonna play the game at all, even if it does release next week. The way they've handled this 'release' has completely killed any hype I ever had for this game.

• Like 3