YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY THE DELUXE EDTION FOR PLATINUM!!!

19 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted quickly clarify about the trophy bug drama. The Devs made a mistake a while ago and made the DLC episode part of the main trophy list. THEY ARE GOING TO FIX IT!!! I tweeted about it today(August 31st), and the official life is strange twitter account replied to me and said that they would fix it in episode 2! 

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/903205765292453889

I just wanted to post this because many people are mad about it, but I don't think the updated information has been spread wide enough, and this game might not do well because of it (PSNProfiles users at least). I am a massive fan of this series and I want it to do well; and with Square Enix being the publisher, there sale expectations are gonna be VERY high, and often I feel games published by them don't get a fair shot sometimes because of that! But in the end its down to whether you wanna buy this game personally, I just wanted to update the forums, and debunk some of the negativity. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6501-life-is-strange-before-the-storm

?

Because that looks like a normal plat list, just missing 15 points (a bronze trophy) to max the points it can have. :S 

And Square Enix being the publisher is a reason to not get it a fair shot??? If you saw the SquareSoft logo on a game, you probably didn't do a bad purchase, but that changed with Square Enix. Square has also been way too much in bed with EA. -_- The Enix merged also made them move HQ, lots of people quit and generally a different leadership, that also changed the company quite a lot. Square Enix is no longer the mark of quality, but they often do good games, and selling a lot means a lot of people give the games a shot. :S 

• Like 2

Also, the original devs that worked on the first game have nothing to do with this one. Same goes with the main voice actress and plus, no rewind powers. I'm not interested in added context to what happened before the storm as I felt there was enough implied in the dialogue as to what happened, that I personally don't need any blanks to be filled. Sometimes the mystery is better than an explanation. That's basically why I have no interest in this game and I really hope it doesn't do well so Square Enix isn't rewarded for its poor business practices.

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MMDE said:

?

Because that looks like a normal plat list, just missing 15 points (a bronze trophy) to max the points it can have. :S 

And Square Enix being the publisher is a reason to not get it a fair shot??? If you saw the SquareSoft logo on a game, you probably didn't do a bad purchase, but that changed with Square Enix. Square has also been way too much in bed with EA. -_- The Enix merged also made them move HQ, lots of people quit and generally a different leadership, that also changed the company quite a lot. Square Enix is no longer the mark of quality, but they often do good games, and selling a lot means a lot of people give the games a shot. :S 

It wasn't necessarily that people quit, it was that when sakaguchi left the company, many of the final fantasy developers left with him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

?

Sorry let me explain, the last trophy right at the bottom "Complete Farewell", is supposed to be DLC since the Farewell Episode is included as a bonus if you buy the Digital Deluxe edition. The problem was they made it part of the main list, which meant you possibly couldn't get the plat unless you had that DLC. But again its being fixed. 

And yes I know, Square Enix has a lot of bad practises, their not the worst publisher but there not the greatest. What I meant to say about it not having a fair shot, I was just referring to Square and there often high sales expectations for there published games. Games like Tomb Raider(Reboot specifically) they were disappointed at the original sale figures for the first month I remember. That game did get a sequel thankfully, but I think it didn't sell to well originally since it was a Xbox One exclusive for the first year, and it made it back with PS4(I'm speculating). I don't know but I think that could also be why they separated from the Hitman Developer because despite it doing well, It probably didn't meet Squares overly high expectations. But again, I'm not trying to trash talk devs or publishers, I just don't want another IP under Square to go under because of sales margins

2 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

But again, I'm not trying to trash talk devs or publishers, I just don't want another IP under Square to go under because of sales margins

This is their own fault. They invest way too much money into a lot of these games.

Instead of putting all the eggs in one basket, they can do several modest budget games, and then it doesn't matter if they don't perform as well, and chances are, if they will make a lot of money on one of them anyway. I'm not saying they shouldn't make good games or anything, just prioritize a bit differently. So much of their money is spent on graphics and new engines all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

This is their own fault. They invest way too much money into a lot of these games.

Instead of putting all the eggs in one basket, they can do several modest budget games, and then it doesn't matter if they don't perform as well, and chances are, if they will make a lot of money on one of them anyway. I'm not saying they shouldn't make good games or anything, just prioritize a bit differently. So much of their money is spent on graphics and new engines all the time.

Ya, I can agree with that. Often I feel the publishers makes these mistakes but the devs usually have to take the hits. The Trophy thing was a mistake on DeckNine(The devs) part though. But ya, Publishers are still greedy. (Going off original topic): That's why I hope Hellblade does well, since its a triple AAA game for only $30, it will show the industry that you can make lower tier titles and still make money. While I don't think its going to change publishers like EA or Activision; it will at least prove something and perhaps some developers will follow with that. 

37 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Yep. I've wanted Square to diversify their game offerings for a long time now. I don't get why they don't. Square could be a haven for small RPG projects, and could make consistent (if not massive) revenue and profit. Square's stock has been a mediocre investment for a long time (pretty much since what looks like a split years ago). Maybe they pay a bunch of dividends, but my guess is they just consider their stock as a hold for value. I don't know why some activist hedge hasn't gotten a hold of them yet; I think they're ripe for the plucking with their inability to cash in even on massive revenue-generating projects, due to ridiculous budgets.

I chalk it up to poor business sense in Japanese companies, coupled with a cupidity that is almost unique to Japanese game publishers (Capcom, Konami also suffer from the same malady). There is no reason that a company like FROM, or NIS, should hold such slices of the RPG market almost solo.

36 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Often I feel the publishers makes these mistakes but the devs usually have to take the hits. 

I would even go so far as to say that the publishers are the problem 99% of the time. I know people like to blame whoever is convenient, but in any other form of media, the publisher would take the hit. Can you imagine if a newspaper like the New York Times tried to pass blame for inaccuracies by saying, "Well, that's the fault of the author, not us." I can only imagine the fake news, media outcry that would follow.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah. I think this is a classic case of passing the blame. There's little question in my mind that the original intention was to force people to buy the Deluxe Edition for the plat. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Because as you may know, the platinum timestamp is tied (or +1 second sometimes) with the last trophy you earned, they unlock together. My question then is how will the system recognize that it has to unlock the platinum trophy *afterwards*

Edited by crashratchet

30 minutes ago, crashratchet said:

Because as you may know, the platinum timestamp is tied (or +1 second sometimes) with the last trophy you earned, they unlock together. My question then is how will the system recognize that it has to unlock the platinum trophy *afterwards*

Well, seeing as you'll need to complete episode 3 anyway to even get the platinum trophy, it's not going to cause any issues with the platinum if they fix it at the release of the second episode.

I assume what will happen is that episode 2 release will change the names and icons of the episode 2 trophies, which are currently placeholders, and move the deluxe edition trophy to DLC.

That, or they'll change the specific trophy to any other action in the game that doesn't require the deluxe edition. I mean they can do whatever they want with the trophy since nobody's even unlocked it yet.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, crashratchet said:

Probably the same way it happens if you complete half the trophy requirements on one console, half on another, and then synch after the fact. I had this happen when I was working on LBP3 (which has trophy issues between the PS3 and PS4 versions, requiring you to play somewhat cautiously). The plat popped the first time I fired up the gaming after consolidating both lists--about 5 minutes after I actually earned the last trophy.

It's unusual, but not without precedent.

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

I assume what will happen is that episode 2 release will change the names and icons of the episode 2 trophies, which are currently placeholders

I also hope they will change that ugly af trophy list piсture. Nicer icon for the platinum trophy would be great too.

On 31/08/2017 at 2:12 PM, MMDE said:

Square seem to be struggling with how the modern gaming market works they seem to think bigger investment = bigger returns/sales, which has never been true with how fickle the gaming market is.

Its a shame too because they have quality titles on their belt but they do things in a way they want to do rather than would make a more fun game. The streamlining of the levels in FF XIII being one of the most ridiculous things they did. Playing endless corridors repeatedly was a really weird design choice. I won't comment on the gameplay system itself as thats a considerably more subjective, but weird choices like that and basically putting a bunch of the FF XV story into a movie are just weird.

59 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Square seem to be struggling with how the modern gaming market works they seem to think bigger investment = bigger returns/sales, which has never been true with how fickle the gaming market is.

Its a shame too because they have quality titles on their belt but they do things in a way they want to do rather than would make a more fun game. The streamlining of the levels in FF XIII being one of the most ridiculous things they did. Playing endless corridors repeatedly was a really weird design choice. I won't comment on the gameplay system itself as thats a considerably more subjective, but weird choices like that and basically putting a bunch of the FF XV story into a movie are just weird.

Want to see something sad?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4485-ロマンシング-サガ2

You see that game? That's a re-release of a SquareSoft RPG that was originally released on SNES. It plays a lot like Final Fantasy. When it comes to releases of the game with trophies, it's only available on Vita with a JP account, so you can't play it on any console that isn't dedicated to a JP PSN account. I bet it's in Japanese too, but don't think this release hasn't been released outside JP. It has been released on android, but not on NA or EU Vita, or on PS4 for that matter.

I would have bought this had they released it on PS4. It has a pretty good soundtrack by Kenji Ito as well who never fail when it comes to the battle themes, though, I think he did an even better job with the sequel, and his master piece is probably the game after that, SaGa Frontier 1. They are working on releasing Romancing SaGa 3 for the Vita as well. No doubt it will be JP Vita exclusive + Android, which is sad. :( 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

Want to see something sad?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4485-ロマンシング-サガ2

You see that game? That's a re-release of a SquareSoft RPG that was originally released on SNES. It plays a lot like Final Fantasy. When it comes to releases of the game with trophies, it's only available on Vita with a JP account, so you can't play it on any console that isn't dedicated to a JP PSN account. I bet it's in Japanese too, but don't think this release hasn't been released outside JP. It has been released on android, but not on NA or EU Vita, or on PS4 for that matter

I would have bought this had they released it on PS4. It has a pretty good soundtrack by Kenji Ito as well who never fail when it comes to the battle themes, though, I think he did an even better job with the sequel, and his master piece is probably the game after that, SaGa Frontier 1. They are working on releasing Romancing SaGa 3 for the Vita as well. No doubt it will be JP Vita exclusive + Android, which is sad. :( 

Wow that sucks what I really don't get is a lot of their choiced seem to cause them to not make money. The games translated, western fans love old school RPGs for squenix and Vita users would take any extra releases they can get its genuinely strange.

With the change of the "Farewell" trophy into "Before the Storm", when you finish the story (i.e. Episodes 1, 2 and 3), you would get 2 gold trophies together. And if you had all other trophies, you would the plat too!

I wish they had thought of something different for that trophy, but hey, at least they fixed the original problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Soraking1991 said:

With the change of the "Farewell" trophy into "Before the Storm", when you finish the story (i.e. Episodes 1, 2 and 3), you would get 2 gold trophies together. And if you had all other trophies, you would the plat too!

I wish they had thought of something different for that trophy, but hey, at least they fixed the original problem.

A better trophy would've been to get all the Graffitti in the game, would be a bit more challenging, in some aspects...