kevomode

Game freezes

26 posts in this topic

Just downloaded and started the game and I've encountered multiple freezes. First one was during the opening cutscenes at a point where daxter has a surprised expression and is showing his teeth.....Second one is during sentinel beach when I talk to that old hag after I knock her egg down....

WTF?!

From reddit of Jak and Daxter:

"The newest update (few hours old) makes the game crash in a variety of places. In the volcanic crater it always crashes in the cutscene with the guys in the mine that are giving you 4 energy cells."

So we'll have to wait for a hotfix...

Been having the same issues myself. The crashes with the egg are ridiculous. I managed to get to the point where it doesn't give me an error but it still locks up. Got the egg to drop, left sentinel beach, and came back after trying many different things, including redownloading, switching the game to the system hard drive, disabling Boost mode and a bunch of other stuff. 

I hope the fix comes out soon.

that's weird, the original game on the ps2 back then didn't froze on me before, the only time it frozed was due my ps2 is dying. the HD remaster on ps3 never frozed on me... not even once!

come to think of it they should have just port the HD remaster version instead of emulating the ps2's. 

I've suffered the same (was hoping to get the platinum today along with all the others, only had Gol and Maia's citadel to go - but the game sent me to the end of the level after the patch (it didn't before), and then my save file was corrupted, so I had to go back to the beginning of the game, was hoping to speedrun it - and then it kept crashing at Sentinel Beach). 

Why was the patch necessary? Its a PS2 game, 99% of the people who are playing it aren't going to be expecting 60fps or 1080p - yet the patch has rendered the game, for me, unplayable, until a fix.

I'm getting the freezes as well. This is unforgivable for a sixteen year old PS2 game that has just been ported.

Oh yay, it's in a new update.

I never use rest mode normally, never, but I left it on the other day by mistake and I've left it there. Odds are the update's been auto downloaded for me now. 

Shit.

Cheers for the heads up though, boys. If some shit goes haywaire, at least I'll know why.

The game only crashed once at the very end of the game. I had finished the final boss and needed to go back to get one collectible (1 hidden power cell), and the game ended up freezing completely. Of course, I almost had a heart attack cause I didn't want my save data to be corrupted, but everything was fine after I reloaded the game. 

I platinumed the game before the update hit and didn't have any freezing, but I did have some pretty strange issues towards the end of the game. Some of the textures started to get replaced by either pure white, or a rainbow colored mess. Just small things like rocks in the environment. The other big thing was that the final boss fight was running at twice the speed it should be. As soon as the cutscene before that fight started, everything was happening in hyper speed. I just accepted it and beat it because it was the last trophy I needed to beat it.

I haven't seen anyone else complain about these issues either? I wish I had recorded it, but it was 2 am and I wasn't thinking straight. I didn't want to set up my capture card and completely forgot that the PS4 has recording built in because I never use it. 

Only trophy I dont have is finding all the power cells. The only powers cells I dont have are those 4 that the miners give you. Any news or workarounds? 

46 minutes ago, mariosF94 said:

Only trophy I dont have is finding all the power cells. The only powers cells I dont have are those 4 that the miners give you. Any news or workarounds? 

Only workaround you'll find at the moment is to buy an NTSC copy of the game as they didnt get the update, the speedrunning community have been testing these crashes since the patch released but they seem totally consistent sadly, just gotta wait for them to push another update. 

mine does it aswell in area with two miners, went did other parts in the game, but before getting off gave one more try, nothing, same part in that same cutscene 3 times. hope they fix asap, been enjoying it.

Looks like I won't stand a chance with beating my current speedrun time then with the freezes 😕

Myself and the rest of the J&D Speedrunning community compiled a list of every cutscene tested on the new patch as well as video evidence of the 3 consistent crash points and submitted them to Naughty Dog Page, if you're looking so improve our chances of a near future patch please upvote for visability at the link here:

We gave video evidence and as i say a complete tested list of working/not working cutscenes so the help would be appreciated not only by our runners who put in the work, but im sure a quick patch would help everyone here still gunning for the plat.

http://feedback.naughtydog.com/forums/602392-uncharted-the-lost-legacy/suggestions/31198639-jak-and-daxter-consistent-cutscene-crashes-with-te

Thanks for this thread boys and girls. I finally woke my PS4 up and turned out the update didn't install, tried to download it though. 

Can someone holler at your boy when there's a fix? Like quote this thing and I'll love you 5 ever.

On 2017-08-31 at 11:33 PM, yellowwindow7 said:

that's weird, the original game on the ps2 back then didn't froze on me before, the only time it frozed was due my ps2 is dying. the HD remaster on ps3 never frozed on me... not even once!

come to think of it they should have just port the HD remaster version instead of emulating the ps2's. 

Honestly i'm a little confused why they didn't do that. The remaster looked great in my opinion. Would have loved to play those again in HD goodness :D 

Seems like it would have been less work for them too (well maybe not with Jak X, but still).

On 02/09/2017 at 7:53 AM, ImplyingYouCare said:

I did have some pretty strange issues towards the end of the game. Some of the textures started to get replaced by either pure white, or a rainbow colored mess. Just small things like rocks in the environment. The other big thing was that the final boss fight was running at twice the speed it should be. As soon as the cutscene before that fight started, everything was happening in hyper speed. I just accepted it and beat it because it was the last trophy I needed to beat it.

image.jpg

So apparently they fixed this with the patch, but still, jeeze. I had a few odd textures but nothing even close to this.

I've been practicing speedrunning this for several days now and have had quite a few performance issues. After installing the new patch today the game froze on the first cutscene. Hope it doesn't freeze in the middle of my final trophy speedrun on this account.

On 9/4/2017 at 6:53 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Thanks for this thread boys and girls. I finally woke my PS4 up and turned out the update didn't install, tried to download it though. 

Can someone holler at your boy when there's a fix? Like quote this thing and I'll love you 5 ever.

Fix is live Folks Still needs alot of testing but the three crashes caused by 1.02 are gone

18 minutes ago, RaiseTheBarr13 said:

Fix is live Folks Still needs alot of testing but the three crashes caused by 1.02 are gone

Yup I can confirm. Finally we can get the platinum trophy!

24 minutes ago, RaiseTheBarr13 said:

2 minutes ago, mariosF94 said:

Yup I can confirm. Finally we can get the platinum trophy!

<3

Update 1.03 is here.......Thank fuck!.....Make Jak & Daxter Great Again #MJADGA