WaxWeazle

Tips to get better?

9 posts in this topic

Anybody got some tips to get better at this? :P 

I only really played a few Guitar Hero games in the past and was able to play them decently (not as crazy as some people you see online).

I got Rock Band 4 this week and it's really fun, however for some reason I can't seem to get used again to switching fastly between buttons.

Anybody who's got some useful tips?

Practice mode helps with tricky hammer ons.  Best way to get better is to play out of your skill level tbh back when I started on gh3 I went straight to hard mode and once you go expert there's no going back

Agree. Practice makes perfect. I've been playing Rock Band since 2007 and Guitar Hero since Guitar Hero 1 and 2 came out. I played a lot back in the day. my skills have dropped some with Rock Band 4.. it just feels so downgraded compared to 3 . :(

I recommend trying to move up to Expert relatively quickly though. Don't stick on easy or medium too long. Get to hard asap then start expert in slowly on the easier tier songs.

Completely forgot I had actually made this thread! :P

I haven't played it for ages but the past 2 weeks I've been véry active on it and have gotten a bunch of new trophies already!
I'm working on trying to get this game platinum, however, I'm currently stuck with Creative Differences...

There are a few "difficulty" trophies like the gold stars on 30 songs, 5 stars on expert mode on each song (on disc) and 85% of the scripted guitar solos that are definitely a pain in the arse...

Anybody got any suggestion for Creative Differences though?

I've got the Rock Band 4 guitar, I have a mic and drum set from Guitar Hero 6... The Guitar of GH6 sadly enough was damaged and didn't work anymore (and I'm looking for a new one). I have a guitar from Guitar Hero: World Tour on PC which DOES connect but the PS4 won't read it I think - the game doesn't show me that another guitar can connect...

On 5/11/2019 at 7:17 AM, WaxWeazle said:

Completely forgot I had actually made this thread! :P

I haven't played it for ages but the past 2 weeks I've been véry active on it and have gotten a bunch of new trophies already!
I'm working on trying to get this game platinum, however, I'm currently stuck with Creative Differences...

There are a few "difficulty" trophies like the gold stars on 30 songs, 5 stars on expert mode on each song (on disc) and 85% of the scripted guitar solos that are definitely a pain in the arse...

Anybody got any suggestion for Creative Differences though?

I've got the Rock Band 4 guitar, I have a mic and drum set from Guitar Hero 6... The Guitar of GH6 sadly enough was damaged and didn't work anymore (and I'm looking for a new one). I have a guitar from Guitar Hero: World Tour on PC which DOES connect but the PS4 won't read it I think - the game doesn't show me that another guitar can connect...

For the Gold Stars/5 stars expert:

For Dream Genie do vocals and just practice it over and over.

The other instruments just aren't fun.. and to me the song sucks ass. Not a fan of the style of music.. sounds like a combination of hitting every cymbal and tom on the drums.. it's terrible.

6 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

For the Gold Stars/5 stars expert:

For Dream Genie do vocals and just practice it over and over.

The other instruments just aren't fun.. and to me the song sucks ass. Not a fan of the style of music.. sounds like a combination of hitting every cymbal and tom on the drums.. it's terrible.

I have to say that is a very, very weird one... I'll do the vocals on that one for sure. I'm trying to slowly work my way up with these trophies too. One by one, I'll get them... :P

For the gold stars you need to be able to play multiple instruments. Additionally to get Rock Band Immortal you definitely need to be proficient in Bass/Drums/Vocals. I would not suggest playing Guitar on any song as it is ridiculous. 

The only tip I can say is use the instrument that you are good with and practice.  I wont be starting rockband 4 since I am retiring from music games. But some songs are easier on mic or bass than guitar.