Platinum got 1000% more difficult

Soraking1991

Hi everybody!

Just a friendly comment...

Patch 1.03 introduced a new difficulty level (Extreme), the trophy True Hero trophy has become much more difficult to obtain since it is now required to complete all 5 levels at that difficulty, whereas before you would have obtained it with Nightmare difficulty pre 1.03.

And let me tell you Extreme difficulty will have you throwing the Move controllers out the window

Sucks to be us latecomers, huh...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Yeah I found this out unfortunately I literally can't get past the first real fight of the second level because I can't get behind cover completely. If they could fix it to where we can completely get into cover it could work but otherwise idk how to do it. 

Yeah, I'm exactly in that same spot.

A ceiling turret shooting at you with no cover and two guys on the other side of a couple of boxes...

Hope they issue a fix :S

Edit: I contacted them through Facebook... I'll keep you updated

Edited by Soraking1991
More info
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Soraking1991 said:

Yeah, I'm exactly in that same spot.

A ceiling turret shooting at you with no cover and two guys on the other side of a couple of boxes...

Hope they issue a fix :S

Edit: I contacted them through Facebook... I'll keep you updated

Thanks man and yeah same exact spot I was talking about it feels impossible honestly without complete cover

• Like 1

Ok people! 

I managed to get the platinum!

You just need to be able to move around A LOT.

Play this game standing up and have around two short steps in all directions in order to move in to cover...

Not ideal, since many people get very dizzy playing VR while standing up, and having that sort of room in order to move is not easy, but it makes getting to cover at least possible... It's a miracle I haven't punched a hole through the wall :D

I've exercised more playing this game on Extreme than I have the last 3 months at the gym... :S 

Good luck!

BTW: I HATE those exploding balls.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Old thread but I thought you only needed to complete it on three difficulties (novice, expert and nightmare) which was apparently the old requirement. So when I finished the nightmare playthrough I was disheartened to learn you must complete it on a difficulty added in via a patch after the games launch lol. Luckily it takes like what? 30 minutes to complete?

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

Yeah, that used to be the initial requirements before the patch. You can check my trophies and you'll see that I got the True Hero trophy after any of the difficulty-specific ones. It is not a long game for sure, it's just that the new difficulty is quite tough. Good luck! :) 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Not really, i beat last level on extreme on second try, its all about using your powers on one enemy and then shoot then next. The only annoying part is those flying mines. In last level, save the shotgun for an easy wave of 5 flying mines. I had more trouble with training due to i thought the balls could not hit ceiling or floor, and i found that out at wave 50!

although a fantastic VR EXPERIENCE!!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Just a little tip, you can no-clip ( go inside objects) find a barrel you can reach, have your headset be 100% inside an object with your moves/ hands sticking out and shooting stuff. 

Both bullets and grenades can't hit you. 

Problem is when there is no cover to enter. 

EDIT : Check the better tip I posted below. 

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 2

This helped me a lot with the perma death. 

Basically comes down to choosing an enemy, shooting him a bit, pulling him with the gravity gloves, then shooting the next enemy while in slow motion, then pulling the 2nd enemy and finding the 3rd. 

If needed shoot the stunned enemies after pulling them to gain some health. 

Keep the loop going till each encounter is done. 

NOTE: Learn to dodge the bullets if needed, I had dodged a lot while standing and moving around my room. Maybe doable while sitting, but I would recommend just standing up if you have the space to move around. 

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 3