1001 nights trophy

thegrim0666

14 hours ago, vangelistm said:

Yes, the trophy (and the platinum) popped on 19/11/2302 (but as I said before, I have  played around 50 years on my other cities!

Yeah, i'm in the same situation, alll done in around 50 years in other map, some realoadings for specific trophies and currently 2203 on a empty one... I should not expect the trophy until 2300 at least then ;)

Thanks again

Edited by JSVilleneuve

Hi guys, 

since I was also done with all the other trophies and was facing the crazy outlook to have my PS4 idle for over 150 hours just to get this stupid trophy I was looking for a workaround to speed up the process. Luckily I came across a solution that allowed me to get the 1001 Nights trophy done in around 8 hours instead of 150. 

But make no mistake this is still a huge grind to get! ?  However this will save your poor console from running for weeks without sense so I wanted to share the process with you. So here is what you have to do:

1. Start a new game on a random map and make sure to activate the day/night mode.
  2. Speed up the game so the day takes its course and it becomes night. 
  3. Now look at the horizon were the moon will set. Now you need to be precise! The goal is to load and reload from a very specific moment to let the game think a full day has passed. The game counter works like this: Every time the moon sets and the sun rises one day is added to your counter. This count is not reset if you reload! This means reloading a few seconds before the day ends and then waiting for a few seconds until the sun rises and the new day starts will increase your day/night counter without having to spend the full 9,5 minutes for the day/night cycle! So instead of 9.5 minutes/night you are down to 20seconds/night (because of the loading time and waiting a few secs for the sun to rise). 
  4. Here is the exact moment you need to save: The moon needs to be just above the horizon, the sky is already switching from black to red and the moon is hardly visible anymore. Visual help for the perfect moment below:
  5. 1Me4lWsl.jpg
  6. Once you have the map saved increase to 3x clock speed and turn the camera 180° to look at the sun. Once it has fully risen over the horizon you added +1 to you night count. Simply reload your save you made at (4) and repeat until you get the trophy!

Taking into account you have already spend a couple of years for getting the other trophies this could take you a couple of hundred repeats. Like I said its still a huge pain so I recommend popping in a tv series and finishing this screwed up trophy in 2 sittings. 

Full disclosure: I found this solution on a different forum and did not come up by it myself. All credit to the original poster on the trueachievements.com forum. But since I haven't seen it posted here I was hoping this will help some of you guys getting this trophy done quicker.

Edited by mizimmer
  • Like 1

On 2020-07-06 at 9:23 AM, mizimmer said:

Hi guys, 

since I was also done with all the other trophies and was facing the crazy outlook to have my PS4 idle for over 150 hours just to get this stupid trophy I was looking for a workaround to speed up the process. Luckily I came across a solution that allowed me to get the 1001 Nights trophy done in around 8 hours instead of 150. 

But make no mistake this is still a huge grind to get! 1f600.png  However this will save your poor console from running for weeks without sense so I wanted to share the process with you. So here is what you have to do:

1. Start a new game on a random map and make sure to activate the day/night mode.
  3. Now look at the horizon were the moon will set. Now you need to be precise! The goal is to load and reload from a very specific moment to let the game think a full day has passed. The game counter works like this: Every time the moon sets and the sun rises one day is added to your counter. This count is not reset if you reload! This means reloading a few seconds before the day ends and then waiting for a few seconds until the sun rises and the new day starts will increase your day/night counter without having to spend the full 9,5 minutes for the day/night cycle! So instead of 9.5 minutes/night you are down to 20seconds/night (because of the loading time and waiting a few secs for the sun to rise). 
  4. Here is the exact moment you need to save: The moon needs to be just above the horizon, the sky is already switching from black to red and the moon is hardly visible anymore. Visual help for the perfect moment below:
  5. 1Me4lWsl.jpg
  6. Once you have the map saved increase to 3x clock speed and turn the camera 180° to look at the sun. Once it has fully risen over the horizon you added +1 to you night count. Simply reload your save you made at (4) and repeat until you get the achievement!

Taking into account you have already spend a couple of years for getting the other trophies this could take you a couple of hundred repeats. Like I said its still a huge pain so I recommend popping in a tv series and finishing this screwed up trophy in 2 sittings. 

Full disclosure: I found this solution on a different forum and did not come up by it myself. All credit to the original poster on the trueachievements.com forum. But since I haven't seen it posted here I was hoping this will help some of you guys getting this trophy done quicker.

It was also said further that it was patched

Edited by bunshing

10 hours ago, bunshing said:

It was also said further that it was patched

This is really strange, though. I cannot confirm this statement.

I used the latest digital version from the PS+ offer and followed exactly the method i described here and got the trophy in less then 50hours. If the method would have been patched out my console would have to run at least 150hours as mentioned here several times and that was definitely not the case. ? 

Edited by mizimmer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mizimmer said:

This is really strange, though. I cannot confirm this statement.

I used the latest digital version from the PS+ offer and followed exactly the method i described here and got the trophy in less then 50hours. If the method would have been patched out my console would have to run at least 150hours as mentioned here several times and that was definitely not the case. 1f600.png 

Well yes this is strange. But to be honest, if i have to choose between (1) loosing one or two full days for that and risking it doesnt work, or (2) just running my ps4 while i'm at work or sleeping ; i would still choose the 2nd option ?. 

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 1

Hi, thank you for the alternative solution above.

I started using this reload sunrise moment method tonight. With less than 20 counts reloading the game, the 1001 nights together with the platinum trophy just popped on that moonset/sunrise timing.

It was done a bit earlier than my thought which is at the year 2192 in a 0 population city. Maybe it's due to spending too much time on handling DLC trophies in other cities.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Quick question: Does the day/night cycle option need to be turned on for this to count? I have played a total of 377 years across all of my cities, which should be more than enough time, but still have had no luck unlocking this trophy. I played about 220 of those years with the day/night cycle turned OFF because I did not like building in the dark. I have it on now, for the empty map I am just sitting in and simulating. Should of probably thought about this beforehand......  If anyone can clarify that would be nice. 

I don't know for sure, but since it says nights I would guess the day/night cycle has to be turned on. Also, the (now patched) solution of saving just before sunrise and farming sunrises would hint had the necessity of having the day/night cycle turned on. It would make most sense that you have to keep it on.

Maybe your case can be seen as a test that turning off the day/night cycle means you can't get the trophy and by turning it on again you can farm/experience nights.

• 1 month later...
On 6.7.2020 at 3:23 PM, mizimmer said:

Hi guys, 

But make no mistake this is still a huge grind to get! ?  However this will save your poor console from running for weeks without sense so I wanted to share the process with you. So here is what you have to do:

5. 1Me4lWsl.jpg
  6. Once you have the map saved increase to 3x clock speed and turn the camera 180° to look at the sun. Once it has fully risen over the horizon you added +1 to you night count. Simply reload your save you made at (4) and repeat until you get the achievement!

Hello everyone,

does someone knows if this method was patched and does no longer work?

Can you tell me the patch pls, if it happened?

Kind Regards

• 2 years later...
On 6/20/2020 at 1:24 PM, vangelistm said:

Hey guys!

I did the maths by myself and I can confirm that the above layout still works (as of today 20th of June 2020).

A full day/night cycle in an empty map needs around 4 months (it is around 115 days/30 = 3,8 months) and 3,8 months in full speed need exactly 9,5 minutes real life time.

That said, 3,8 months x 1001 nights = 3.800 months (= 158 hours!)

3.800 months / 12 months per year = around 317 years

So we have to reach year 2020+317= 2337 starting from scratch and have 0 buildings in our map. Also, as said, 3,8 months need 9,5 minutes. So 3.800 months need around 9.500 minutes or 158 hours! Or alternative, 1 year in-game needs 30 minutes real life time. 

Taking into consideration that you have already played some hours in another city / cities and having on all the time the “day/night cycle” option, I believe that we have to reach around year 2300 for the trophy to pop up! I am currently at year 2266 in my empty Citi and I have also played around 50 years in my other cities. (120k pop).

*** I used some minor rounding in my calculations above. ***

I have 2350 and still without trophy :(