WipeOut to RedOut

Soufwar

this game has some backing behind it, people who worked at Milestone, people who worked on the WipeOut franchise, made with Unreal, it surprises me that this game didn't sell as well as it should've, then again the WipeOut Omega Collection came a few months before it and people much rather play the OG anti gravity racer than a tribute to it, if you're a fan of speedy Gonzales racers, give it a go! 

• Like 1

I think the problem is nobody really knew about the game coming out. I did know about it and I still don't think I've actually seen it advertised anywhere or even reviewed on the sites I visit.

Even when the Omega Collection was announced and people were talking about this kind of game, I saw a few mentions of Fast RMX and the upcoming Formula Fusions, but never Redout.

Although I don't think Wipeout-type games are particularly in high demand to begin with. At least it'll probably do slightly better on the Switch where there's hardly any competition for games at the moment.

• 3 months later...
On 9/4/2017 at 8:52 AM, Shadiochao said:

I think the problem is nobody really knew about the game coming out. I did know about it and I still don't think I've actually seen it advertised anywhere or even reviewed on the sites I visit.

Even when the Omega Collection was announced and people were talking about this kind of game, I saw a few mentions of Fast RMX and the upcoming Formula Fusions, but never Redout.

Although I don't think Wipeout-type games are particularly in high demand to begin with. At least it'll probably do slightly better on the Switch where there's hardly any competition for games at the moment.

That, and it's so fucking expensive. It's $55 on PSN when the Omega Collection is $48 and that's two much better looking and running games. Redout runs well and is certainly fast and fun enough but it's so visually ugly it's a bit much to ask for. I only got it for $36 on Boxing Day (which was discounted from $70!). They priced it incredibly poorly. 

I saw the game originally, while working in a warehouse. And it's now only £15 on Amazon UK. If I didn't have Wipeout HD's online to tackle, next year, before the servers close, I'd buy it now. So once those online trophies are done and dusted, I'll pick this one up ASAP.

Edited by James_Tonto