Gummi Ship Missions Help

I'm struggling with these gummi missions and I need a little help.  I know there are guides online but they never seem to have enough information to really help me.  Essentially does anyone know of a guide or have some tips as to which ship is best to use for each mission?  I tried to edit the Highwind ship and I clearly just don't understand the gummi ship system.  A little help or a link to a guide which recommends what ship or use or how to build your ship would be awesome.

28 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

I'm struggling with these gummi missions and I need a little help.  I know there are guides online but they never seem to have enough information to really help me.  Essentially does anyone know of a guide or have some tips as to which ship is best to use for each mission?  I tried to edit the Highwind ship and I clearly just don't understand the gummi ship system.  A little help or a link to a guide which recommends what ship or use or how to build your ship would be awesome.

I myself am not good at making my own ship and the way to it easy is to know this, to make a ship without any video all you just need is the cockpit and a booster and one gun on the side of it and over time just add to the bottom of it shields, like a block that gives more shield to your shield bar, however if you want a real run down on how it works from a video, here is a link to one I hope this will help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz-7pNHn6nQ

Edited by KANERKB