The Endless Backlog and Trophy Checklist of Arctic Cress

Arctic Cress

And to start the updates to this topic, a platinum trophy.

#73 Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (24/36 -> 36/36) [39% -> 100%]

1L286b99.png

Originally played it back in 2016 and beat the game, then put it down for over a year. Came back this month and got all the collectible trophies, A ranked all chapters, hit max level and purchased all the upgrades. While it does some things well, I didn't enjoy it and would not recommend playing it.

One nice thing, though: this got me up to 400 gold trophies, which is a nice little milestone! Dunno what I'll go for next.

Well, I lost a 100% to Gems of War getting another DLC trophy set. Probably the hardest one yet according to the dev's twitter account.

So I replaced it with another 100%, Strike Solitaire (+12, 12/12). I originally started it to keep my trophy streak alive on Thursday when I had limited time to grab at least trophy (and got three of them then). Since it's such a low-played game at the time of this post I have the fastest achievement time on it, though I could have done a lot better if I actually tried at it. I replaced it with... Strike Solitaire 2. Sometimes I wonder why I bought this bundle in the first place.

Other changes:

Gems of War (+1, 38/39)

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (+1, 22/31)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (+1, 14/45)

Nothing big yet, but hopefully soon.

• Like 1

This is actually one the best written trophy logs that I've read on the platform in a long long time. Every game I read with the great detail you provided, really made me interested in all these new games I've not heard of and I liked reading the experience in each one. I'm surprised, shocked even that not really anyone has read this or commented because it's actually so good. The writing feels like a review from Projared at some points and I'm honestly and genuinely amazed by the amount of work and intrigue that I felt while reading this. I can't wait to see the games and experiences that you put on here and I'm going to try giving some of these games a run for the pure enjoyment again instead of just trophies sake which I haven't done in awhile.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 0:02 PM, AydenBonnette said:

This is actually one the best written trophy logs that I've read on the platform in a long long time. Every game I read with the great detail you provided, really made me interested in all these new games I've not heard of and I liked reading the experience in each one. I'm surprised, shocked even that not really anyone has read this or commented because it's actually so good. The writing feels like a review from Projared at some points and I'm honestly and genuinely amazed by the amount of work and intrigue that I felt while reading this. I can't wait to see the games and experiences that you put on here and I'm going to try giving some of these games a run for the pure enjoyment again instead of just trophies sake which I haven't done in awhile.

Thanks a lot! I do enjoy writing about games that I've really liked, so I'm glad that you managed to find some new games to play. Hope you enjoy them!

Got Ys VIII in the mail this week but as you might have known the NA Vita list is currently MIA. I've sent a message off to NIS America but they've been busy trying to get the DLC up, so it may take a while. I also started Stories: Path of Destinies and got my first ending in that - it's very similar to Bastion and that's a good thing for me. Going to go for the rest of the endings (and the true one) at some point. I also managed to hit chapter 7 in Neptunia Re;Birth1, having played the original (even if I didn't like it) it's interesting to see the changes between the original and the remake.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (+3, 17/45)

Stories: The Path of Destinies (+10, 10/38)

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (+3, 3/51)

• Like 1

At the moment, no goals really. Playing games mostly for fun at the moment and continuing my trophy streak every day (the current gap in the streak is the missing Ys VIII trophies). This includes other systems as well, as I just played some Splatoon 2 last night on my Switch with a few friends. Also, I'm a big baseball fan so I tend to concentrate on that during the months that the season is on, and the Yankees will probably make the playoffs this year so it will probably stretch a bit into October as well. 

The only goals I have are the current tasks in the events forum that I have signed up for (the bold games in the lists above). I tend to jump from game to game a lot with no defined goals so that helps a lot with focusing on certain games. All three games updated above are on my Fall Backlog Challenge list (and all of them are good games, which also helps!)

My internet's been out for the past few days, so I haven't had time to update. Got some time now, though.

I've had to start some of the games I've been keeping around for my trophy streak as my job is taking a lot of time lately. That put Strike Solitaire 2 and Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man onto the list. I've made my first trophy addition to Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory since May 2016, so it's nice to inch closer as I start the Good/True Ending route there. Also in the Neptunia series I've made it to the final chapter of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 and got a few miscellaneous ones there as well. I've found out how ridiculous Everybody's Golf's platinum is but I managed to grab a few trophies in that as well. Finally, I started a new route in Stories: A Path of Destinies to grab two early trophies there. Through all this, I'm steadily making progress towards that final Gems of War trophy, and I don't expect to have it until November at the earliest. This update really shows how bad I am at playing one game at a time. Oh well.

Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man (New, +4, 4/21)

Everybody's Golf (+4, 11/31)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (+3, 20/45)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (+1, 21/42)

Stories: A Path of Destinies (+2, 12/38)

Strike Solitaire 2 (New, +6, 6/12)

I think I'll have something completed by next week. I don't know what game it will be, but I want to get something done before Danganronpa V3 comes.

• Like 1

So I decided because I started it, might as well get it finished. Another platinum for the list:

#74 Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man (+17, 21/21)

1L5f181f.png

It's almost the exact same list as Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man, with an easier fruit basket trophy (because of the random pretzel), a no warp trophy, and less items to eat. All in all it's an easier list to go through, but still fun to play.

Also beat Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 with both the Good and True Endings. I got Uni in this play through so I'll focus on getting the other three sisters in the next play through.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (+4, 24/45)

Strike Solitaire 2 (+1, 7/12)

Looks like you have quite a nicely sized backlog. I really like the way you have your trophy checklist organized by the way. :) I notice that one of your event games is Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, I hope that you have an easier time getting into it than I have and best of luck on the playthroughs required to platinum it. I look forward to reading more about your gaming/hunting endeavours.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 0:53 AM, ZombHunter13 said:

Looks like you have quite a nicely sized backlog. I really like the way you have your trophy checklist organized by the way. :) I notice that one of your event games is Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, I hope that you have an easier time getting into it than I have and best of luck on the playthroughs required to platinum it. I look forward to reading more about your gaming/hunting endeavours.

Thanks! I beat both stories in the GBA version of Chain of Memories and am aware of the number of playthroughs it takes to platinum it so I know somewhat about what I'm getting into there.

Bought three physical games released yesterday, Blue Reflection (PS4), Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Vita), and Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4). I've added them all to the list above.

In trophy progress, I started the aforementioned Danganronpa V3 and finished Chapter 9 of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. The big splash on my trophy list this time is Stories: Path of Destinies, bringing it to two trophies away from the platinum by unlocking all four truths and playing through the true ending there. There's 26 endings in total to collect truths to get one trophy (I have the minimum 4 playthroughs) and a number of level-ups for the other. Might get that done over the weekend. There's also some miscellaneous trophies from other games as well.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (New, +1, 1/41)

Everybody's Golf (+1, 12/31)

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (+1, 16/52)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (+2, 23/42)

Stories: A Path of Destinies (+23, 35/38)

Strike Solitaire 2 (+1, 8/12)

Hey, looks like the Ys VIII Vita list is up, finally. Too bad I'm going to be playing Danganronpa instead so I won't be going back to it yet. Oh well.

Edited by Arctic Cress
  • Like 1

Since last update, I got my 50th 100% non-platinum title, Strike Solitaire 2.

Strike Solitaire 2 (+4, 12/12)

Easier trophies than the first game but more boring and unfair levels instead. I fell asleep playing it one night, so after that I didn't bother trying to become fastest achiever like I did on the first game.

Also finished trial 1 in Danganronpa V3 (and got the slot machine trophy on the first spin, somehow), the good ending in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, and 2,500 monsters defeated Sorcery Saga. The big increase in trophies came from Everybody's Golf, where I finished the Rank 3 challenge tournaments, hit a lucky albatross out of nowhere, and sunk two shots with a rising and homing shot to bring it up to 18/31.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (+7, 8/41)

Everybody's Golf (+6, 18/31)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (+1, 24/42)

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (+1, 23/34)

Despite all the games I'm playing I might be bumping up Gravity Rush 2 due to the impending server closure, even though there aren't any trophies associated with it. I haven't decided yet, though. Also, the Yankees are in the wildcard game tonight, so I'll probably just hit a daily trophy today and that will be it, same with the rest of the playoff days, if they continue on. Should play more once they either get eliminated or win it all :)

Edited by Arctic Cress
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOO YANKEES GOING TO THE ALCS :D

also some milestone platinum or something idk

#75 Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (+21, 45/45)

1Lfd2b3f.png

It's amazing how much this series has changed since I played it back in July 2011, for my first trophy ever. That game was one of the worst games I've ever played to completion, and I probably would not have played another game in the series ever again had I not already owned the next one. I felt even though I disliked the original it's still my first trophy and I thought I should give the series a milestone platinum for that. If the few hours I've played of the PS4 game are as good as the rest of the game, this series has become one to look forward to in the future, which is something I never thought I would say about it. It's a great game, changes up the story just enough to make it a worthwhile play through even if you remember the original game. I find the remake system also better than the scout function in Victory - still searching for one of the dungeons I need for the true ending in that one.

The Clione grinding in that made a mess of my trophy streak continuing on - kept getting bored of farming so I ended up starting quite a few new games during the span. Got two trophies each in Final Fantasy VII, Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash, and Gal*Gun Double Peace to sufficiently wreck my completion stats. Meanwhile, I continue to slowly make my way through Everybody's Golf, Sorcery Saga, and Demon Gaze. I also purchased Touhou Genso Wanderer and was surprised to find out that the physical version comes with Double Focus as well. Better deal than buying it on PSN!

Demon Gaze (+2, 7/41)

Everybody's Golf (+2, 20/31)

Final Fantasy VII (New, +2, 2/32)

Gal*Gun Double Peace (New, +2, 2/39)

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (New, +2, 2/50)

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (+1, 24/34)

Edited by Arctic Cress
platinum image
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Yankees run ends in the ALCS, but at least they pushed it to seven games and made the Astros earn it. A good run and should be better next year.

That being said, it's time to get back to video games for a while.

Beat Everybody's Golf finally, and began the matches against the revenge VS characters by defeating Takamori, though I'm unsure if I will get it finished to qualify for the weeblympics as the platinum rarity is going up pretty fast. Finally conquered the 256-floor dungeon in Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, unlocking a number of trophies through that. Finished Chapter 2 in Danganronpa V3, and added a few miscellaneous trophies that were easy enough once I hit Chapter 3 Free Time (I didn't know I spent so much time smacking around background items). Grabbed a number of trophies in other games to continue my trophy streak; Mahjong Royal Towers, Rocket League, Final Fantasy VII, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and Tricky Towers. I don't expect to play many of these streak games again any time soon, though.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (+4, 12/41)

Everybody's Golf (+3, 23/31)

Final Fantasy VII (+1, 3/32)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (+1, 25/42)

Mahjong Royal Towers (New, +4, 4/13)

Rocket League (+2, 58/82)

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (+3, 27/34)

Tricky Towers (+1, 7/30)

Next update should be more interesting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it's been a few weeks since my last update. The delay was this:

#76 Everybody's Golf (PS4)

1L4bea8e.png

Fun stuff! Sadly the rarity went way up as I was challenging all the revenge VS characters so it's only a VR platinum now. It's an enjoyable golf game through the five in-game courses, though it takes quite a while to get going and locks you to the first course for the first 5-10 hours. The platinum attaches a little grind with requirements consisting of 120 challenge tournaments, filling out the entire gallery, and completing the fish encyclopedia. The hardest part is getting all three condors (hole-in-one on a par 5), but it's more of a waiting game for the right conditions on a certain hole online. It took a few hours to grab all three under the ideal conditions. I'm interested in where Clap Hanz goes from here because the game has some problems that haven't been fixed and this game seems pretty expansive from their past titles.

I also got 100% in Mahjong Royal Towers. This game doesn't deserve more than an additional sentence, so there you go.

Since that's a big update already, I'll just throw all the other trophy updates down here. They'll be added to the first post eventually.

Arcade Game Series: Galaga (New, +6, 6/21)

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (+3, 15/41)

Dynasty Warriors Godseekers (New, +7, 7/44)

Rocket League (+1, 59/82)

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (+4, 6/50)

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (+1, 28/34)

Tricky Towers (+2, 9/30)

Edited by Arctic Cress
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another two weeks later update ends in another platinum.

#77 Stories: The Path of Destinies

1L13453f.png

It's an underrated indie RPG given out over PS+ last year, and I finally started and finished it over the last few months. It's got a neat battle system, many branching endings where choices matter, a narrator that constantly cracks jokes and comments on what you're doing, and a nice true ending to wrap up the story. The platinum requires a full run through all the possible endings and obtaining all skills by leveling up. Pretty simple overall, though the grind of going through 20+ endings can get tedious.

Also to add, a few new 100%s to the pile, two not really worthy of anything, and one that has eluded me for a while.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (New, +6, 6/6)

Race the Sun (+3, 13/13)

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (New, +5, 5/5)

Loaded up the KH ones for the Challenge King topic, and learned about the Void glitch that allowed me to finish off Race the Sun finally. I at least got Meteoroid before relying on the glitch, so that's a nice accomplishment.

Then, a lot of new games and updated games. I joined Kill Your Completion this month, so lots of new stuff got pushed onto the pile. I was going to play most of them anyway, so it's not a big deal.

The Amnesia Collection (New, +2, 2/22)

Arcade Game Series: Galaga (+5, 11/21)

Blue Reflection (New, +7, 7/47)

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (+8, 23/41)

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (+1, 53/59)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale [PS3] (+2, 39/56)

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (+2, 8/50)

Touhou Genso Wanderer (New, +5, 5/43)

Tricky Towers (+4, 13/30)

Yakuza Kiwami (New, +8, 8/55)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was such a stupid accomplishment that I forgot to actually update this topic. Still, here it is.

#78 My Name is Mayo (PS4)

1L0f2b9f.png

I'm not going to do a write-up of this one. Saving the Vita one for trophy streak purposes, for now.

PS+ brought some easy games to the table, and I decided to play my first game of the Broken Sword series. Also completed a few other games.

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse - Episode 1 (New, +20, 20/20)

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse - Episode 2 (New, +14, 14/14)

Fort Defense (New, +10, 10/10)

What Remains of Edith Finch (New, +9, 9/9)

Overall, I liked the story and characters of Broken Sword 5, but the puzzle solutions could be improved. You get a lot of worthless items that pile up in your inventory and there's barely any clues on what to do to continue onward, which means using a guide. I got through most of Day of the Tentacle Remastered without one so I was expecting something similar to that, but oh well. Fort Defense is an unfinished tower defense that I screwed up my first time through - there's no way to have enough barrels to upgrade everything in a first play through and there's just enough to get the two trophies required. Also the tutorial makes you spend them on a level which doesn't help at all (it's skippable at least). What Remains of Edith Finch is really good and despite being a "walking simulator" it happens to be one of the best games released this year. Some of the stories are very good and really hit you in various ways. I found some to be a bit strange, though, which diminished the overall impact but it still is a must play game.

The endless trophy collection continues.

Amplitude (+1, 10/17)

Arcade Game Series: Galaga (+2, 13/21)

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (New, +3, 3/45)

Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (New, +4, 4/39)

Blue Reflection (+1, 8/47)

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (+1, 54/59)

Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers (+4, 11/44)

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (New, +6, 6/19)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale [PS3] (+2, 41/56)

Rocket League (+2, 61/82)

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (+11, 19/50)

Starwhal (+2, 15/23)

Tricky Towers (+6, 19/30)

Yakuza Kiwami (+2, 10/55)

Even though I'm in so many events, it really helps to have a number of goals to look at. The True Trophies event made me go look at Amplitude and Starwhal again, which I had been having them sit there for who knows how long. Making progress in Tricky Towers is always welcome, and I finally pushed forward and beat Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. Still, I'm not helping my completion much by starting all these new games, but as I get more progress in the above that should change.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another few weeks, another platinum. That seems to be the trend around here.

#79 Wheels of Aurelia

1Lb3b0af.png

A pretty interesting visual novel/racing hybrid game. It stars a young woman named Lella driving up Italy's coastline to get to France, and has her talk with the many characters that can join her through the game. It has sixteen different endings with some annoying requirements, but each one is different enough that it doesn't feel like a chore to get to all of them. I enjoyed some of the dialogue options and you can have some very long dialogue chains based on the answers you provide, some of which lead to special endings. It's about four hours to get all the endings (I took a break in the middle of it) and I recommend it to anyone looking for a short narrative game to play through.

There's only 1 100% game this time, and it's the sequel to Fort Defense.

Fort Defense: North Menace (+10, 10/10)

It's basically what Fort Defense should have been with a much more balanced upgrade system. Fort Defense is hard because of that, so this game felt a lot easier to finish. Just had to grind one trophy at the end.

There's a lot of updates here. I finally failed a challenge in the Challenge King, so that ended for me. The Trophy Hunters League and current TrueTrophies challenge caused me to add a lot more games to the list, so my completion has somewhat tanked again. I'll definitely try to get it up at some point soon, maybe even make it a goal for 2018. I think it's too late for any 2017 goals, unfortunately.

Arcade Archives: Bubble Bobble (New, +3, 3/6)

Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (+1, 5/39)

Blue Reflection (+1, 9/47)

Day D Tower Rush (New, +7, 7/12)

Gem Legends (New, +4, 4/12)

Gravity Rush 2 (+1, 7/48)

Grim Fandango Remastered (New, +2, 2/48)

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (+1, 1/38)

Hue (New, +3, 3/12)

Mahjong Gold (New, +9, 9/12)

Medieval Defenders (New, +2, 2/12)

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (+2, 8/19)

Pirate Solitaire (New, +4, 4/12)

Rocket League (+9, 70/82)

Royal Defense (New, +2, 2/12)

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (+5, 24/50)

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (New, +8, 8/36)

Starwhal (+1, 16/23)

Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (+1, 23/57)

Yakuza Kiwami (+4, 14/55)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year, PSNProfiles. It's not a new year where I am (yet), but there's a new platinum for the list.

#80 Grim Fandango Remastered

1L12c265.png

A very good point and click adventure, better than the other game I played from Tim Schafer this year (Day of the Tentacle). I especially liked the fact that the platinum requires you to get a lot of optional dialogue and fleshes out the characters a bit more than if you just played the game normally. Almost all the trophies require talking to a person more than you would need to for story progression, and one trophy even requires doing some events out of the normal order to get an item earlier than needed. I highly recommend playing this game, more than Day of the Tentacle. Since it was on PS+ you probably already have it!

One new 100% game, and it's just an Arcade Archives so there's no need to talk about it that much.

Arcade Archives: Bubble Bobble (+3, 6/6)

I tried to calm myself down on adding too many games, but I still added a few to the list to end the year. I did manage to finish the TrueTrophies Twelve Days of Christmas challenge, so there's that. Finally beat Gal*Gun for the first time, and making progress in other games.

Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (+9, 14/39)

Blue Reflection (+5, 14/47)

Deemo: The Last Recital (+1, 10/19)

Gal*Gun: Double Peace (+9, 11/39)

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational [PS3] (+2, 3/38)

Hue (+2, 5/12)

Pirate Solitaire (+2, 6/12)

Mahjong Carnival (New, +8, 8/12)

Mahjong Gold (+1, 10/12)

Mahjong World Contest (New, +7, 7/13)

Medieval Defenders (+1, 3/12)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale [PS3] (+2, 43/56)

Royal Defense (+4, 6/12)

Since it's almost 2018, I'll make a few goals for 2018 as well

- Achieve a 80% completion percentage (I've always been stuck in the low 70s even before KYC so it's time to start cleaning up the games I've started.)

- Collect 100 platinum trophies in total (I have 80 now so that's 20 over 2018. I got 22 this year so it's definitely within reach.)

- Get at least 3 new Ultra Rare platinum trophies (It feels kinda annoying that SSX is my only ultra rare platinum. I need to do some of these for the Weeblympics anyway so this should help motivate me for that. Everybody's Golf going down to UR will not count, for the record.)

• Like 1

The first platinum of the new year arrives.

#81 Blue Reflection

1L711cda.png

The first of my Kill Your Completion games to be finished, and probably the last until I get back to Atelier Firis since the other three games are all 60+ hour platinums. It's definitely up there as one of the easiest JRPGs I've ever played, as even on hard mode there was barely any challenge in anything the game threw at me except the very last side mission in the game. It's a nice story and characters overall, which is good since you'll be spending a good deal of time getting all the bond event trophies with everyone. There's nothing special in the platinum besides crafting all items, and while there is a guide you can find all recipes just by entering every room and area in the game (which takes about 3 minutes with fast travel) and going home at least once every chapter. This will unlock all the "secret" item recipe quests.

The only other completion was another mahjong title by 8floor again so that's all you need to know about that one.

Mahjong Carnival (+4, 12/12)

No new games this time around (finally), but some random trophy gains as usual. Mostly more 8floor games but I have to get them completed eventually. Also finally got some Majima trophies in Yakuza Kiwami, I was wondering when those were coming up.

Day D Tower Rush (+1, 8/12)

Gem Legends (+3, 7/12)

Mahjong World Contest (+2, 9/13)

Medieval Defenders (+1, 4/12)

Pirate Solitaire (+1, 7/12)

Royal Defense (+1, 7/12)

Yakuza Kiwami (+2, 16/55)

• Like 3

Don't know what your next games will be, but can I recommend Akiba's Trip. It's a nice hack n slash game - not too long and easy. You've already completed it on the PS4 in 2014. Enough time has passed for it to still be a bit fresh for you to play it again. 

If not, then what's the next game you plan to play?

Right now I'm just finishing the story in Yakuza Kiwami, and I'll be moving on from that to Life is Strange: Before the Storm. After that I'm probably going to have to go after some games that are going to have server closures, like Gravity Rush 2 and Demon's Souls (I'll just pop the Saints Row 3 trophy and go back to it later). I do mean to complete Akiba's Trip again but not at this time. (Also, I completed it on the Vita, not the PS4.)