The Endless Backlog and Trophy Checklist of Arctic Cress

Arctic Cress

Like I said, here's that next platinum.

#132 Pic-a-Pix Color 2 (Vita)

1Lc35cd6.png

Another day, another Pic-a-Pix. Like the first game, the added colors make the picross puzzles easier, but since this is the 2nd Pic-a-Pix Color, they removed the silly 5x5 puzzles and replaced them with actual ones, giving it more playtime overall. 150 puzzles for $4 (was on a 50% off sale, which is still going on) was a decent price for the play time. Perfect game to just relax a bit with the Vita.

Two 100% completions - Doodle Kingdom was taking a while and the deadline for Gaming with Numbers was fast approaching so I pulled in a different game... only to have it complete within twenty minutes of the deadline. Still managed to get both games finished though, so it's all right.

Arcade Archives: Solomon's Key (New, +9, 9/9)

Doodle Kingdom (Vita) (New, +12, 12/12)

No other trophies for now, but with an event over with I should have many new trophies for the next update, as I have no platinum planned. Should be fun!

Another visual novel platinum, and a very interesting story nonetheless.

#133 The Silver Case HD

1L503039.png

A remaster of one of Suda51's first games. The story, atmosphere, and soundtrack are all top-notch and deserve the praise it gets. The real divisive part of the game is its controls - when it isn't dealing out dialogue, it has a very outdated control scheme that is very out of place these days. A lot of time spent in this mode could have been better if the game was remade or it was just replaced with all text. Not a big fan of the ending either, but hopefully the sequel solves that problem. There's definitely a sequel hook added into this new version with an extra chapter to bridge the gap between this game and the 25th Ward. Which I have purchased and will definitely play at some point, as I'm interested into how this continues.

Started a few new games this time around. Grand Kingdom I've always been interested but not really enough to start it - however the server closure means I better step up and get a move on this one. Started Full Throttle Remastered and Antiquia Lost for TrueTrophies' 20 main storyline trophies requirement for last week's bonus. Considering the bonus for this week, I won't be platinuming Full Throttle Remastered until next week. It might be my next platinum, or maybe not. Also finally beat the main storyline of Yakuza 0 and can continue on to the post-game grind. Kiryu and Majima still have a lot of work to do!

Antiquia Lost (New, +4, 4/35)

Full Throttle Remastered (New, +13, 13/40)

Grand Kingdom (New, +12, 12/46)

Judgment (+1, 5/47)

Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (+1, 26/57)

Yakuza 0 (+7, 35/55)

• 2 weeks later...

So it was my very next platinum, as I didn't get close to any others. Who would have guessed!

#134 Full Throttle Remastered

1L9b03bb.png

After playing all three of Double Fine's remasters of these classic adventure games from LucasArts, it's clear that while this is the weakest of the three titles, it's still a solid game though a bit on the short side, especially compared to both Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango. I also wasn't much of a fan of the biker gang fights near the middle of the game, where I had many problems winning until the chainsaw came up. Nevertheless, the story here is the highlight of the game, and it's told very well over its short length.

While I haven't completed any other games, I'm certainly making progress in many due again to the TrueTrophies challenge. Last week's bonus of maintaining a 1.5 ratio was actually interesting and had me play a number of different games to keep that one. Grand Kingdom, the two Yakuzas, Plague Inc: Evolved, and Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (finally with more than half of the trophies collected after four years) helped in that regard.

Antiquia Lost (+8, 12/35)

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (+1, 63/81)

Grand Kingdom (+2, 14/46)

Pic-a-Pix Color 2 [PS4] (New, +16, 16/23)

Plague Inc: Evolved (+8, 30/55)

Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (+3, 29/57)

Yakuza 0 (+3, 38/55)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (+4, 39/59)

I'm not going to say anything about the next platinum because 1) it's a stack and 2) I barely care about it. Considering I'm still in the TrueTrophies challenge for yet another week more Lightwood Games stacks might be finished this week as well.

#135 Word Sudoku by POWGI [PS4]

1L1a2d37.png

Anyway, disregarding that, I'm getting very close to finishing Plague Inc: Evolved and making decent progress in Antiquia Lost. It's almost time to start looking through the 2019 titles for my yearly top 10 list, and while I'm playing Judgment I'd like to spend some time with the other games released this year to see how good they might be.

Antiquia Lost (+3, 15/35)

Fate/Extella Link (+1, 28/44)

Judgment (+5, 10/47)

Pic-a-Pix Classic (New, +11, 11/24)

Plague Inc: Evolved (+9, 39/55)

• 2 weeks later...

Again, nothing to say about these next three. Two stacks and a Ratalaika game, so nothing to really talk about.

#136 Pic-a-Pix Color 2 [PS4]

1Le97e05.png

#137 Mixups by POWGI [PS4]

1L0fa27c.png

#138 Gravity Duck

1L84e34b.png

Let's instead talk about this game, instead.

#139 Crossovers by POWGI

1L77a035.png

This game has one complete some mini-crosswords with the correct letter from a choice of four, then using the correct letters in a word jumble with a clue. Some of the clues are very clever and takes a while to find what the word actually is. I can't believe I got stuck on ANIMAL of all words >_>. As dumb as the jokes are that you get when solving a puzzle, I actually laughed at a good number of them. Glad they brought those back from Word Search.

Anyway, as I'm almost free of the TrueTrophies score challenge, these stacks are almost all over and done with. It did push me to another $10 card from Sony Rewards, at the very least. There's still Pic-a-Pix Classic, Reverie, and Crossovers by POWGI PS4 that all will be finished at some point as I've added all three of those to my trophy list during this push. At least there a few stacks I haven't started that can hold off for now.

In other trophy gains, there really isn't much. I've been playing Fate/extella Link and just wrapping up the last of the story missions, unlocking all the characters and filling up most of the gallery in the process. A bunch of other games were started to speed through some trophies for last week's elimination, but this week seems to be too ridiculous of a task with all the Ratalaika spam. I did one, but I don't feel like continuing on with them any more. They really aren't fun, unlike the POWGIs that I somewhat like (with the exception of Mixups).

Crossovers by POWGI [PS4] (New, +38, 38/40)

Fate/Extella Link (+1, 29/44)

Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (New, +17, 17/36)

Judgment (+1, 11/47)

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix HD (+1, 2/56)

MLB The Show 18 (+1, 21/29)

Pic-a-Pix Classic [PS4] (+8, 19/24)

Reverie [PS4] (New, +8, 8/35)

Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (+1, 30/57)

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll (+1, 3/42)

A few more stacks to get past and then back to regular updates with a new platinum.

#140 Pic-a-Pix Classic [PS4]

1L984c57.png

#141 Crossovers by POWGI [PS4]

1L9e0503.png

#142 Antiquia Lost

1L6dbf25.png

Antiquia Lost is an incredibly basic RPG in every sense of the word. You have a MC from a small village who also has a unique power, a number of party members from across the world, and it pretty much ends up as you would expect it to. The battle system is a turn-based system, and it's just as easy to break as it is to play through it. I played on the hardest difficulty through most of the game since without doing so, there wasn't much challenge otherwise. I will give the game credit for introducing a character that doesn't level up naturally and instead levels up based on gems that can be dropped by enemies, found in chests, or purchased, but that just introduced another way to break the game - at the end she had all her stats at 9999 when none of the other characters were close even at level 900. Regardless of all this, I still enjoyed my time with the game. Perfect game to just pick up and play on the Vita.

Not too many updates, as it's only been a week, and Antiquia Lost was 20 trophies by itself. However, it's time to actually start playing 2019 games and seeing which ones are worth playing in the future.

Fate/Extella Link (+2, 31/44)

Gems of War (+1, 62/70)

Judgment (+3, 14/47)

Reverie [PS4] (+1, 9/35)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the Trophy Hunters League? Time to revisit a game I started for that competition about a year ago.

#143 Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus

1L62e42a.png

Bought this as a joke because one of my friends had bought the PS4 version a few years ago and figured it would be funny to play through (and that was a complete mistake). Finally finished it after luckily stumbling across a biweekly event that gave triple owner EXP for all completed playthroughs, making it trivial to get the trophy that requires owner level 50. Vita version is a laughable mess as hair clips through everything, including solid rock and the characters' bodies themselves. It's clear the developers had something else on their minds, obviously.

Nothing too special, KYC 11 has started and I'm going through 2019 games as always. Most of the trophies came from the platinum (+27) but I still earned a few more through other games.

Gems of War (+1, 63/70)

Judgment (+2, 16/47)

Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition (+11, 23/49)

Sword & Fairy 6 (New, +6, 6/46)

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (+2, 32/43)

Getting close to 9,000 trophies so I'm probably going to do something special for that one since I've been hitting platinums on milestones for a while now. But what game to put there with only 33 trophies to go until I hit that mark?

• 2 weeks later...

It's been seven years since I started this. Let's finally finish it once and for all.

#144 One Piece: Pirate Warriors

1L503c37.png

Finally got the last coin that has eluded me for so long for my 144th platinum and 9,000th trophy, a nice milestone. I started this game in November 2012, and the last trophy before getting this one? December 2013. Back then I had only 14 platinum trophies. The one coin needed for all these years was Chopper's Mark (New) which simply refused to drop for over 25 hours of in-game time, until it finally did today after playing Main Log - 11 for over three hours. It was just waiting for the RNG to finally get to this - and I've seen people who have played 60 hours, even over 100 hours trying to get a certain coin to drop. Final time on my save file is 52:10, well over the estimated platinum time on playstationtrophies' guide, which states 35 hours. Maybe I can finally move on to One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 now - but I'll save that for a later date. Not in the mood right now.

Basically a similar update to the one above. KYC games, 2019 games, and Gems of War sticking out like a sore thumb.

Crystar (New, +14, 14/51)

Gems of War (+1, 64/70)

Judgment (+4, 20/47)

Super Neptunia RPG (New, +6, 6/36)

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (New, +6, 6/41)

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit late at posting this here, but good to finally get this out of the way, since I can now move on to its sequel.

#145 Shenmue II HD

1L15a0c1.png

Same platinum image as its predecessor, kinda boring. It's still a very dated series and freeze QTEs are the worst thing in existence, but this game has a lot more fights spread out over the full length of the game and the plot is much more in focus than the first game, so the pacing seems a lot better off and it's more interesting to play through. There's a few missables similar to the first game's trophy list, as well as playing all the arcade games (one being in a random room in the final dungeon!?) and learning 15 attack skills. Luckily, you're given a ton of $ at the end so you can just buy a whole bunch of move scrolls from the shops in Kowloon, though I had 13 already by the time I got there. I did lose a few hours of progress and had to repeat the final dungeon and boss due to a few second power outage, but it wasn't too big of a deal in the end.

Same updates as the last one, with practically the same kinds of games, including Gems of War sticking out again. Though it's not the weirdest update this time around, as I pushed up another game that had no updates since 2014, similar to the One Piece platinum in my previous post.

@field (+1, 3/15)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (New, +7, 7/45)

Deemo Reborn (New, +14, 14/46)

Gems of War (+1, 65/70)

Worldend Syndrome (New, +1, 1/23)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quite a long time since the last update, huh? I did get a stack during December but I didn't bother posting about it. Here it is.

#146 Reverie [PS4]

1L7e5ecc.png

But the real reason for the update is the first platinum of 2020, which is the following.

#147 AI: The Somnium Files

1Ld56ba0.png

AI: The Somnium Files is the latest visual novel/adventure game from Kotaro Uchikoshi, more well-known from his work on the Infinity series and the Zero Escape series. Given that I've read both Ever17 and the entire Zero Escape series, this purchase was a no-brainer and I enjoyed it more than any of his other titles. There's not much I can say without getting into spoilers and the game is much better when left unspoiled. The dialogue in-game is great and actually had me laughing many times, despite some of the jokes falling really flat when it shows Date being perverted which happens a little too much than I would like. Other than that, it's a very exciting story with plenty of twists, like many of Uchikoshi's stories. Definitely check it out of you're a fan of his other games, and it's a good starting point if you haven't tried any of them.

There's one non-platinum 100% as well, one that I earned to complete some of the later challenges in TrueTrophies' Twelve Days of Christmas challenge. It's a pretty short puzzler that can be finished within 2 hours. Nothing too special.

Super Blackout (New, +12, 12/12)

Now, the really large update. With the last few days of Kill Your Completion and the entire month of December doing the TrueTrophies challenge, this will be a long list. Would be even longer if I didn't complete AI as well as all 45 trophies were earned during this period as well (and 26 from Reverie, for that matter)! Here we go:

Beyond: Two Souls (New, +4, 4/46)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (+10, 17/45)

Caravan Stories (New, +6, 6/8)

Crystar (+1, 15/51)
Deemo Reborn (+2, 16/46)

DJMAX Respect (+1, 62/93)

Gems of War (+1, 66/71)

Grand Kingdom (+9, 23/46)

The iDOLM@STER: Must Songs (+3, 37/40)

Judgment (+14, 34/47)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (+3, 10/51)

MLB The Show 18 (+2, 23/29)

Pac-Man 256 (New, +5, 5/10)

Plague Inc: Evolved (+9, 48/55)

Shenmue III (New, +3, 3/64)

Sword & Fairy 6 (+2, 8/46)

Team Sonic Racing (New, +19, 19/52)

Tetris Effect (+2, 21/43)

Trackmania Turbo (+3, 22/49)

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (+7, 13/41)

Zanki Zero: Last Beginning (New, +2, 2/38)

Most of this is cleanup of both the last TrueTrophies challenge (the GTTSC) and stuff for the one that just ended as well, though there is some other stuff here. Judgment was played to the ending and it is absolutely fantastic, while AI was also amazing, Judgment is definitely my Game of the Year for 2019. The launch of Cold Steel III finally lit a fire for me to start actually having me play some of Cold Steel I and I've cleared two full chapters so far. Other than that, most of this was just playing 2019 games near the end of the year, as usual, as shown with Bloodstained, Team Sonic Racing, and YU-NO.

• 1 month later...

And another long break before another platinum, but still a good one.

#148 YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World

1L701f28.png

YU-NO is one of the most influential visual novels of all time with its original Japanese release date all the way back in 1996, and we only got it overseas 23 years after that. Being a visual novel, the game's all about its story, and while it definitely has a good first half, the second half dramatically switches genres and turns out worse overall. There's still a good amount of twists still contained within the story, but I wasn't as invested with it after that point. I also was not a fan of the ending either, but that might just be a personal preference. The platinum doesn't require much, but all actual endings and a random story path are both locked until you actually beat the game, so it does take a while to uncover everything the game has to offer.

And trophy updates! Besides the 28 YU-NO trophies and two games (Deemo Reborn and Crystar) I didn't play much else, but there still are a few other games in there. No new ones, though!

Crystar (+32, 47/51)

Deemo Reborn (+24, 40/46)

Grand Kingdom (+2, 25/46)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (+3, 13/51)

Pac-Man 256 (+3, 8/10)

Worldend Syndrome (+4, 5/23)

No large update here, and another visual novel is off the list.

#149 WorldEnd Syndrome (EU)

1Ld4ebca.png

The game starts out extremely slow. The original route, as well as the first three character routes, are all incredibly boring and turned me off from the game for a good portion of the time. It didn't help that I dislike the high school setting the game takes place in, even if it is during summer break. When you have glacial pacing that rivals the pacing in Ever17, there's definitely a problem. However, I eventually stuck with it, and after that, it starts to open up later on in the next few routes leading up to the big Truth reveal. Honestly, while some of the reveals definitely surprised me, I'm still not convinced. The game is merely average overall, and trying to find hidden events for various trophy requirements is also pretty annoying. Played the EU version as I wanted a physical copy of the game, and there was no physical copy in NA.

I didn't play any other games since the last update was two days ago. So that's it!

Edited by Arctic Cress

• 2 weeks later...

One milestone platinum is finished, and here it is!

#150 MLB The Show 18

1L733fc0.png

Haha, it's an actual goat. Didn't expect that.

A fitting milestone for my 150th platinum, celebrating my other biggest hobby and one that I've been doing even longer than I've been playing video games. My dad took me to my first baseball game at age 4 and I've been a Yankees fan since then (if you couldn't tell from these checklist updates already, haha), so what better way to celebrate a milestone by getting a platinum in the game with Aaron Judge on the cover art. At the very least, this is one of the easier MLB The Show platinum trophies to obtain given how all of the other MLB The Show have UR platinums, but this one is just very rare instead. Still a nice milestone for me and I enjoy having a baseball platinum finally on my platinum list (MLB 13: The Show - Home Run Derby Edition does not count.)

MLB The Show was the main game I worked on, but several other game got updates due to yet another TrueTrophies challenge. At least this time, I didn't start any new games to continually tank my completion rate (that's KYC's job, anyway). Here's the updates:

Beyond: Two Souls (+2, 6/46)

Crystar (+1, 48/51)

Deemo Reborn (+1, 41/46)

Tetris Effect (+1, 22/43)

Trackmania Turbo (+7, 29/49)

Yakuza 0 (+5, 43/55)

Edited by Arctic Cress

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the recent guide, it's not much of an accomplishment anymore. Though here it is anyway.

#151 The Sims 4

1L718efb.png

I did sink many hours into the original Sims when I was a teenager, and I see that the core gameplay has barely moved three versions down the road. This game has horrific lag though, and I cannot understand how anyone could suffer though this to get the platinum legitimately - props to the people who actually did before it sank out of Ultra Rare territory. There's not much else to say about this one.

And there's no other updates either - hopefully I'll have some KYC games added in here next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to update this topic with my latest platinum, which was... checks notes six days ago. Oops. Well, better late than never!

#152 Crystar

1Lb469e3.png

After placing this at #5 in my top 10 games list for 2019 I finally pushed through the grinding part to get the platinum. The main two parts of the trophy hunt after you beat the game are to level to 99 (just takes a few boss rushes, I was easily killing 50+ bosses most of the time) and to defeat every named enemy three times. This can get annoying as some enemies don't want to spawn as their named variant most of the time. Bosses are also included in that count, but it's pretty easy to just run through the rest of the stage to fight any boss. I didn't realize it at the time but Nanana's beam attack is an amazing boss killer and I felt stupid for not realizing it until the very end of the game. The game itself, separating it from the platinum, has a great plot that focuses on the bonds between family members and is recommended if you like a good JRPG plot. The gameplay does get stale over the 40 hour trek, but it's still worth the effort to keep going.

KYC started and I've started my first two games. Mostly going back to the old PS3 here, and that will continue through the month.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (New, +11, 11/40)

Resonance of Fate (New, +7, 7/49)

• 2 months later...

Time for a recent platinum that I thought I would never get!

#153 Gravity Duck [PS4]

1L6330fe.png

No, not that one. The next one!

#154 Arcade Game Series: Galaga

1Le1afa8.png

Yes, this one. I mentally checked out of it after getting all the trophies besides the Perfect Bonus ones three years ago because I felt that I wouldn't be able to do any of them based on how I did on them getting up to stage 31 for the rest of the trophies in the first place. One of the trophies in the game ended up on a TrueTrophies challenge list, and I needed a quick one on the final day so I actually decided to try it out. Finished the one on the list on that day, and came back yesterday and did the rest. Not too hard with the Dual Fighters, and even stage 15 without one of those didn't take too many resets. At least it doesn't track how many it took :awesome:

Since I haven't updated this topic in over two months, there's bound to be a lot of trophy updates to go through, some I would like to talk about a bit. Let's go through the list:

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case (New, +3, 3/26)

A Hat in Time (+1, 8/28)

Apex Legends (+1, 5/12)

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (+1, 14/45)

Block-a-Pix Deluxe (New +22, 22/56)

Chaos;Child (New, +6, 6/34)

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (New, +1, 1/60)

Demon Gaze (+1, 13/41)

Fate/Extella Link (+3, 34/44)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (New, +5, 5/54)

Gal*Gun: Double Peace (+1, 13/39)

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (+1, 23/31)

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match (New, +14, 14/37)

God Wars: Future Past (+4, 13/32)

Gravity Rush 2 (+1, 18/48)

History Legends of War: Patton (+1, 6/21)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation (+1, 20/41)

Judgment (+1, 35/47)

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix HD (+16, 18/56)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC Evolution (New, +2, 2/40)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (+17, 30/51)

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (+7, 18/40)

One Piece: Unlimited World Red (+1, 10/57)

Rainbow Moon (+1, 40/53)

SoulCalibur VI (+1, 17/49)

STAY (+15, 20/28)

Team Sonic Racing (+8, 27/52)

Yakuza 0 (+4, 47/55)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (+4, 43/59)

With a lot of +1s due to two TrueTrophies challenges since the last update - the one mentioned above, as well as another Hangman challenge. Along with Galaga above, the first challenge picked trophies from A Hat in Time, Atelier Firis, Gal*Gun, God Wars, Gravity Rush 2, Legends of War, Neptunia Re;Birth 2, KH1, both One Piece games, Rainbow Moon, SCVI, STAY and Team Sonic Racing. I ended up playing through most of Kingdom Hearts I HD, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, STAY and Team Sonic Racing for the full challenge - and I only really enjoyed One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 and Team Sonic Racing. KH1 may have been good back on its release on the PS2, but now it has frustrating camera and control problems that were apparently not fixed in its remaster. STAY is a Ratalaika game, not one with easy trophies for once, but it definitely shows its budget and ends with no resolution. The other big project was playing through Trails of Cold Steel to the ending - and I am so behind in the series I doubt I will ever catch up, at least for a few years. Speaking of series that I am well behind on - those two Yakuzas at the end are inching towards their platinums as I continue to fail the car chase on Legend in Kiwami for its platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The visual novel train keeps on rolling with another platinum.

#155 VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

1L57bedc.png

Nice closeup art of the main character there. The game is a different take on the visual novel genre where you play as a bartender mixing up drinks for the clients who enter the bar while they talk about what's happening throughout their lives. Most of the trophies involve making enough money to fulfill various tasks, or serving the correct drinks at the right time - sometimes not exactly what the client asks for. The most annoying trophy is the one that asks you to finish the shmup mini-game, though this can be easily cheesed by staying in the bottom right corner for most of the level and only hitting the boss when she uses a certain attack. Found that both the PSNProfiles and Playstation Trophies guides are full of inaccurate information, at least in regards to my play through, so if you're looking to get all the trophies or achievements in this game I recommend using the walkthrough on Steam.

It wasn't over two months since the last update, only a few weeks, so there aren't many trophy updates (also considering VA-11 Hall-A wasn't even started yet at the time of the last update), but here's what's there:

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case (+4, 7/26)

Block-a-Pix Deluxe (+11, 33/56)

Demon Gaze (+1, 14/41)

Yakuza 0 (+4, 51/55)

Just some continuations of games from last update, as all four of those were there! On to the next platinum!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Continuing the visual novel train, here's one that barely anyone on this site has actually played - whether it was skipped through or not.

#156 Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition

1L051788.png

Definitely a very good visual novel. It doesn't surprise me that the director of this game was also the director for Ever17: The Out of Infinity, as the game shares a lot of similar themes, similar pacing issues, and a final route that reveals everything going on behind the scenes. I feel that most of the Before route could be completely cut from the game and it would still work out extremely well - however the rest of the game is excellent and definitely worth a read, though the unique way of accessing certain scenes (as well as different endings and the epilogues for each character) may require a guide. I initially got a normal ending which resolved nothing in the final chapter my first time through. The Xtend Episode, added to this release but not in the original version on the Xbox 360, adds a number of extra scenes from different points of view and some extra character development for the main characters after you've cleared the True Ending, which is always welcome.

Been almost a month, so here's another round of large trophy updates, including some games that have been abandoned for a while, thanks to another TrueTrophies challenge that popped up recently - Root Double is another game that popped up because of this challenge. I doubt I continue to play the other three for any extended amount of time (Dynasty Warriors 9, Shining Resonance Refrain, and Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment) but they're on my trophy list if I ever decide to do so.

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case (+17, 24/26)

Apex Legends (+1, 6/12)

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (+2, 16/45)

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland DX (+11, 24/54)

Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (+11, 32/39)

Block-a-Pix Deluxe (+14, 47/56)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (+1, 18/45)

Chaos;Child (+2, 8/34)

DJMAX Respect (+3, 65/100)

Dynasty Warriors 9 (+5, 16/44)

Fate/Extella Link (+2, 36/44)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (+8, 13/54)

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match (+1, 15/37)

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (+1, 19/40)

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive (New, +18, 18/37)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (New, +3, 3/31)

Shining Resonance Refrain (+4, 14/48)

SoulCalibur VI (+1, 18/49)

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (+1, 2/54)

Tetris Effect (+5, 27/43)

Hopefully, another one of these visual novels is finished in the next update.

This board sure moves fast, not even a week has gone by and I'm already off the first page. Anyway, here's the next platinum.

#157 The 25th Ward: The Silver Case

1L584c80.png

This is the sequel to The Silver Case which I finished up last year, bought it while it was on sale after finishing the original game because I liked it enough. The game follows a new area called the 25th ward built nearby the original 24 wards found in the original game, and follows three groups within the new ward. It's recommended to alternate between the three storylines to get the full impact of the story, as several characters will appear in multiple storylines and it will get confusing to follow otherwise (and the PST guide recommends differently, so a word of warning on that one). I felt the game in general wasn't as good as the original Silver Case, but it's still an enjoyable read overall. There aren't many miscellaneous trophies this time around due to having three storylines as opposed to the two in the original, and they wanted to keep 25 trophies + platinum to reference the 25 wards. However, the route to the platinum is extremely extended due to the final chapter, which has a huge choice wheel of 100 choices each leading to a separate ending. This takes about eight to ten hours just to run through all options, and there's a short epilogue after the 100th ending is read.

Since it's only been a week, not too many trophy updates are here. But there's still a good bunch:

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland DX (+16, 40/54)

Block-a-Pix Deluxe (+5, 52/56)

Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (+1, 18/36)

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (+1, 20/40)

Hit the end of Rorona a few days ago and had Astrid's ending unlocked on a fresh save, so that's a neat accomplishment for me - and also since that was unlocked, another ten endings were available to choose so that's the big trophy jump there. That one won't be platinumed soon though - I have others in mind first.

Let's not stop gaining trophies, as here's another platinum for the pile.

#158 Block-a-Pix Deluxe

1L872b8d.png

Another one of the Pix games from Lightwood Games, I found it to be a great deal different from their picross offerings and forces you to think a bit differently than those. I added this to the list of platinums I was going to get at the end of this month after I sped through a lot of the puzzles over the past month, though I did take a lot of time on the last page where the 65 x 100 puzzles took anywhere from 50 minutes up to two hours long. Was a lot of fun and I enjoyed my time going through all of them.

One other update, which is a trophy I just got less than a hour ago.

Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (+1, 33/39)

That's the last game to be platinumed this month, and it shouldn't take too long now!

Continuing the platinum train at the end of June, here's the last one for a while.

#159 Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea

1L9bfe25.png

It's a surprise that this took me so long as I started the game back in 2017 with the intention of trying to see all the new scenes with the addition of Ayesha and Logy to this game as opposed to the PS3 version, but for some reason I stopped after reaching the final chapter back in 2018. Not exactly sure why, I feel like I was trying to get it ready for the 128th platinum for the pattern but I ended up abandoning that at some point. They added many scenes to this version, mainly discussing the events from the end of Escha & Logy plus the effects of the Dusk, which ends up becoming relevant at the very end. Some extra scenes are also added right after the final boss to deliver a better ending to the trilogy overall instead of the barebones ending that the PS3 version got. The trophy list was the same as the PS3 version despite the added content. The Vita version has problems with pop-in and maintaining a stable framerate, but that's similar to all of the Atelier games ported to it.

There were no other trophies earned, and I have nothing planned, so who knows when I'll be back in this topic again. Hopefully it's sometime during the next month!

Surprising even myself, I'm back in here after only a few days. The next platinum is

#160 Fate/Extella Link

1L020f6a.png

Here's the musou-like with the Fate series and it is definitely the best of these, proving that not only Omega Force can produce a musou game that is just as fun to play through. For a while, it felt like it was a lot of work to go through all of the story again in Very Hard difficulty and I felt it wasn't worth the effort and just did a few stages every so often. Then I switched to using Iskandar (after maxing out Astolfo's bond level) and it was just ridiculous how much AoE and damage he does on every one of his attacks, and I was racking up 9,000 KOs a stage. With him it was amazingly fun to just utterly destroy everything in both the story and the extra stages. After doing all that it just took a few runs of the level 150 extra stage to finish up leveling everyone's bond to 23, which unlocks their final bond events. Pretty simple to clear after learning that.

Because I didn't expect this one, there's only two other trophy updates, one for Kill Your Completion and a trophy I was close to in Apex Legends. Nothing too special there.

Apex Legends (+1, 7/12)

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen (New, +9, 9/49)

Edited by Arctic Cress

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my first from a series I really like, but hadn't gotten a platinum in... until now!

#161 Yakuza Kiwami 2

1L485bd9.png

I originally ranked this game at 4th in my top 10 games of 2018 topic, not having done most of the minigames included in this one and mainly touching on the great story it had. The game trims most of the annoying minigames out like cee-lo, cho-han, billiards, and others to make it a much more enjoyable ride through all of them (and yes, I do enjoy mahjong!) Unlike most Yakuza titles, there's not much extra to do with the completion list in this game, the biggest tasks aside from the minigames are to beat fifteen groups of each random enemy spawn in both cities to unlock all the street bosses, and then clear twenty-six bouncer missions on three difficulty modes. The latter being the more difficult portion as the Amons decide to show up in the last three missions, but only the one where all three showed up was any problem and required a Sacrifice Stone on the harder difficulties. The Legend mode playthrough was a non-issue and all I did was swing around my unlimited durability lightsaber for a few hours.

More KYC and more games started for THL and it will be like that for quite a while.

Block-a-Pix Deluxe [PS4] (New, +13, 13/56)

I am Setsuna (New, +8, 8/50)

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen (+11, 20/49)

Kiwami 2 had 16 of the trophies in between these platinums, so it was still a busy few weeks. Ready for Yakuza 3 which I'll start later this month.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Another milestone brings another platinum.

#162 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

1L92133e.png

What better way to celebrate 10,000 total trophies then celebrating a series that I have enjoyed for fifteen years. Decided on doing this for the milestone a few weeks ago, noting I was less than a hundred trophies away and this was a perfect choice. The platinum does not require much besides seeing some easter eggs and alternate dialogue, sometimes involving selecting wrong answers that give out penalties, with some being humorous and others being somewhat of a pain. Having played the entire series I still believe 3-5 is still the best case in the series, and I won't budge from this, even though 6-5 and 2-4 are amazing cases in their own right.

It's been close to a month and I just went through a KYC list so there's a bunch of new games and various trophy updates here.

Apex Legends (+2, 9/12)

Block-a-Pix Deluxe [PS4] (+19, 32/56)

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories (New, +8, 8/43)

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (New, +6, 6/35)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (+6, 19/54)

Sakura Wars (New, +5, 5/45)

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen (+9, 29/49)

Yakuza 3 Remastered (New, +8, 8/50)

I'm planning on Utawrerumono: Prelude to the Fallen to be my next platinum, but it's still a bit away at the moment. Fall Guys is fun though, and now that this milestone is passed I can play more of it!

A quick title before finishing the one I'm concentrating on the most.

#163 Devious Dungeon 2 (Vita)

1L9ca0f5.png

One of the better Ratalaika titles, this game is a pretty basic platformer/RPG hybrid, similar to how Rogue Legacy plays in its dungeons. There's three classes you can pick, Barbarian, Rogue, and Mage - I used the rogue - each with a special ability. I don't know what I would have done without the rogue's double jump as it made a huge difference in the late-game which requires more platforming skill. Not much else to say about it, besides the fact that unlike most Ratalaika titles the trophy list requires you to actually finish the entire game.

It's only be a few days, so not much else to update. Fall Guys is still fun!

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (+11, 17/35)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (+4, 23/54)

Sakura Wars (+3, 8/45)

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen (+2, 31/49)