"Story Assembler" trophy glitched?

Platinum achieved for me... what I did was... repeat the whole adventure and pick all blue and red scrolls and also the crystal till last chapter... then I did all the cursed dolls andnon the epilogue I only pick the blue scrolls... then i went to talk to the ninja in the hokage mansion for the very first time an i view the story list... and i got the triphy... i did the qhole thing in about 6 houres and a half... didnt do it in one siting

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Charly_Py said:

Platinum achieved for me... what I did was... repeat the whole adventure and pick all blue and red scrolls and also the crystal till last chapter... then I did all the cursed dolls andnon the epilogue I only pick the blue scrolls... then i went to talk to the ninja in the hokage mansion for the very first time an i view the story list... and i got the triphy... i did the qhole thing in about 6 houres and a half... didnt do it in one siting

Nice. I am almost done with my playtrough (apart from the online stuff. Would not mind to boost fyi lol if anyone else sees this) so i shall edit this saying if my method worked as well or if i had to replay the story.

Edit: All right, managed to get it on my first playtrough! All i did was completely ignore the male npc on the Hokage's room until i was 100% sure i got all red/blue scrollsn(including the ones from the Fragment storyline) and crystals. I got the trophy once i talked to him and chose the see story view option. Mind you, at that point i had already completed every request possible excluding the ninja tools one. Good luck to all who try getting the plat for this in the future, and may glitches stay away from your games!

Edited by LionRed10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got this trophy.. I did as some people mentioned above, I played the entire game without speaking with the Scroll guy until i was sure i had found every single scroll and fragments, after that just speak with the guy and select stories, the trophy should pop alongside the title

Note: I think Backing up your save before talking to him for the first time might help in case you missed any scroll

was this glitch in the ps3 version? its been years since i've done the ps3 version. i'm working on the first UNS right now, was thinking on jumping on this shortly after i'm done. 

i plan on going through all 4 games, while rewatching naruto, so before starting the 2nd game i plan on finishing rewatching through the pain arc since that's where the 2nd game ends if i remember.

however, is the online still doable? its quite the old game, plus being remastered on the ps4 i'm pretty sure it has a lot less active players. i didn't need to boost on ps3, but i will need to on this version. i was actually wondering something, can online be done with remote play with vita? since you'd be using two separate accounts? 

I don't know if this glitch was on the ps3 or if the Ps Vita trick works.. However the online is doable even tho there is not much people playing, it just takes patience, what i did was, i would fight someone with a low level then afterwards send a message asking if they wanted to trade wins for the trophy.. I managed to find 3 other people who were also after the trophies and helped me get it.. 

8 hours ago, mhussein09_mz said:

I don't know if this glitch was on the ps3 or if the Ps Vita trick works.. However the online is doable even tho there is not much people playing, it just takes patience, what i did was, i would fight someone with a low level then afterwards send a message asking if they wanted to trade wins for the trophy.. I managed to find 3 other people who were also after the trophies and helped me get it.. 

nice!

so with the glitch it sounds like you just don't speak to the scroll guy until you got all the scrolls and story completed? make a back up before just in case you missed something? this is the simpler method i've heard for this glitch, i've read some more complicated ones in this topic.

i plan on jumping straight to the online mode once i start this game as its my biggest concern in the game series. i remember doing well enough to not need boosting on the ps3 version in my early trophy hunting days. however i'm a lot more out of touch with the gameplay now, compared to back then as i haven't played the series in awhile.

weird, i have every scroll because when i talk to him it has that 100% title pop, however no trophy. i have backed up my save on PS+ anytime before i speak to him. i have never spoke to him in the game, this is quite the bull shit. so this method that has been true to work for a number of the last posters isnt working for me. :c

i am concerned i will have to do another play through, even though i have done this one as exact as some other posters. not even sure what would work on a second play through since this is such a glitchy mess.

EDIT: does anyone think it would do harm to back up this current save on USB, delete it on ps4 and start a new one for this trophy? i havent finished with this save but now i am getting anxious and want to see if another play will work out. afterwards return to this save. just not sure if that would mess anything up.

Edited by RJP_X

I got the trophy yesterday, I had talked to the NPC in the room, and I did not unlock the trophy, but I actually missed the parchment on the way between Sasuke's fight and the killerbee to the akatsuki hideout. as soon as I got it, I went back into the room with the comrade and won the trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 6:26 AM, WerneyPark said:

I got the trophy yesterday, I had talked to the NPC in the room, and I did not unlock the trophy, but I actually missed the parchment on the way between Sasuke's fight and the killerbee to the akatsuki hideout. as soon as I got it, I went back into the room with the comrade and won the trophy.

This parchment did it say u missed it in the log? Or did u just backtrack to do everything again and this was it. Since some people saying they got everything but still nothing.

7 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

This parchment did it say u missed it in the log? Or did u just backtrack to do everything again and this was it. Since some people saying they got everything but still nothing.

A colleague had done 3 times, and believed that this was the problem so I commented, but in the 4 time bug the trophy (yes he is a crazy that keeps changing of account and doing the same games).

As I knew of bug reports, I thought I had bugged, but only those scrolls were missing. I was lucky.

Edited by WerneyPark

• 2 weeks later...

I keep trying, I get the title for collecting them all ("Story Assembler"), but NOTHING! I've played this 5 times now, and I'm so fed up seeing my trophies at 98% and having no way to fix it. I'm at loose ends here trying to think of ANY solution. I've changed hard drives in the interim due to space concerns and even that hasn't affected it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH someone give me a reason to keep trying to fix this

After having the "wonderful pleasure" of having to do a second playthrough thanks to this notorious glitch, I can vouch that avoiding most of the red scrolls during end game works. Like the previous posts said, AVOID touching the red scroll, and memory crystals in open forest area after beating Killer Bee in the Fragment. If you wanna take it a step further avoid the Red Scrolls in the Hidden Rain Village surrounding the Pain, Konan, and Tobi Dolls too. But don't forget all of the Blue ones in the warehouse/2 area's before it. Nearly had a panic attack when Story Assembler didn't pop ?, but I was able to talk to the NPC again after going back for the missing scrolls (In my case it was the Sand Village final area, also avoided picking up the Red Scroll there). Anyway wishing luck to anyone whom may be still be struggling with that Godforsaken Glitch, also remember back up a save on a USB drive(Cloud too) ?

On 13‏/3‏/2019 at 0:57 AM, Tatsuyu said:

After having the "wonderful pleasure" of having to do a second playthrough thanks to this notorious glitch, I can vouch that avoiding most of the red scrolls during end game works. Like the previous posts said, AVOID touching the red scroll, and memory crystals in open forest area after beating Killer Bee in the Fragment. If you wanna take it a step further avoid the Red Scrolls in the Hidden Rain Village surrounding the Pain, Konan, and Tobi Dolls too. But don't forget all of the Blue ones in the warehouse/2 area's before it. Nearly had a panic attack when Story Assembler didn't pop ?, but I was able to talk to the NPC again after going back for the missing scrolls (In my case it was the Sand Village final area, also avoided picking up the Red Scroll there). Anyway wishing luck to anyone whom may be still be struggling with that Godforsaken Glitch, also remember back up a save on a USB drive(Cloud too) ?

hey 

so you must have all blue scrolls  . and dont pick any red scrolls and memory crystale at all. theen its work ??? 

54 minutes ago, RKO_ASX_OO said:

hey 

so you must have all blue scrolls  . and dont pick any red scrolls and memory crystale at all. theen its work ??? 

Oh no throughout the story I collected most I saw(every blue scrolI saw was top priority though), it wasn't until I got the request to fight the last 3 dolls in the rain village I took a chance and began ignoring the red scrolls all together. Still just to be safe make sure to ignore them while getting the final blue ones after the Killer Bee fights.

Edit: Ignore the memory crystals after said fight too, only the blue scrolls matter, be sure to make a back up save just to be safe.

Edited by Tatsuyu

On 14‏/3‏/2019 at 1:41 PM, Tatsuyu said:

Oh no throughout the story I collected most I saw(every blue scrolI saw was top priority though), it wasn't until I got the request to fight the last 3 dolls in the rain village I took a chance and began ignoring the red scrolls all together. Still just to be safe make sure to ignore them while getting the final blue ones after the Killer Bee fights.

Edit: Ignore the memory crystals after said fight too, only the blue scrolls matter, be sure to make a back up save just to be safe.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh finally i did the plat all thx bro

all i do just take blue scrolls  till sasuke its 108  but u have take all blue scrolls  before sasuke vs killer bee then finish the fight and dont take the blue scrolls  of sasuke story first talk to the hokage guy then go take blue scrolls  of sasuke side mission and talk to him again then it will work  

i try to take them all then talk to the guy on the hokage  dosnt work 

sorry for bad english  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Trophy didn't pop for me, so its still glitched as of this date. Really did not want to do a second play through lol 

Edit- Got the trophy to pop on the second run. I ignored the red scrolls and crystals the whole time. Collected all the blue scrolls that are available before unlocking the fragment chapter. After beating the fragment chapter I went to talk to the leaf ninja in the Hokage's mansion, and pressed the see story view list button. Then after that I went to collect the 8 blue scrolls that are from the fragment chapter. Talked to the leaf ninja again and the trophy popped.

I still don't know what exactly causes this glitch, and why deleting your save data and ignoring red scrolls/crystals would work exactly, but whatever. Unfortunately I cant guarantee that this works 100% but I think its worth at least a second run. It took me about 7 hours.

Edited by AbuStyles1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, AbuStyles1 said:

Trophy didn't pop for me, so its still glitched as of this date. Really did not want to do a second play through lol 

Edit- Got the trophy to pop on the second run. I ignored the red scrolls and crystals the whole time. Collected all the blue scrolls that are available before unlocking the fragment chapter. After beating the fragment chapter I went to talk to the leaf ninja in the Hokage's mansion, and pressed the see story view list button. Then after that I went to collect the 8 blue scrolls that are from the fragment chapter. Talked to the leaf ninja again and the trophy popped.

I still don't know what exactly causes this glitch, and why deleting your save data and ignoring red scrolls/crystals would work exactly, but whatever. Unfortunately I cant guarantee that this works 100% but I think its worth at least a second run. It took me about 7 hours.

trophy guide writer here. I can confirm that, at least for me and YMMV but collecting all blue scrolls prior to the fragment, speaking with the ninja in the hokage's office, THEN collecting the blue fragment scrolls near the Forest of Quiet Movement ALL THE WHILE not having picked up a single memory crystal or red scroll did cause the trophy to pop for me. AbuStyles1 echoes the same idea with his message, and so far seems to be the only confirmed method of avoiding the trophy glitching on you. It could possibly be that the game won't recognize your scroll count if you haven't talked to the ninja prior to finishing and collecting the fragment materials, but at this time there's no definitive answer. Good luck everyone!

Edited by nrs1nrs1
a word
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2018 at 2:07 AM, Charly_Py said:

I have done the same and it worked at my second run thanks you ?

• Like 1