Surival Mode Crushing Solo 30 Stars Video Guide - ...It Achievement (1.32)

shorty2905

On 9/7/2017 at 2:56 PM, shorty2905 said:

What you definetly need:

-Harbinger Sniper

-Argwal or DC Revolver

-Enhanced Radar Perk

-Lock n Load Perk (that was the one I had to buy for Stage 6)

-Heavy Weapons Expert Perk

-Hardened Perk

Optional but useful:

Mystical Expert Perk

Took a while but I finally got everything.

ND is celebrating Uncharted 10th Anniversary so everything is 50% off until December 19

The loot bag is now 1250 relic each, I bought 2 and finally got lock and load, only Harbinger left so I just bought it using ND points since I have some free points

(now thinking back I didn't really need to spend those point and could probably still get Harbinger if I just grind for few more weeks because I already unlock almost everything and the 50% discount is until 19th Dec)

After replaying and beating stage 6 and stage 8 on hard with lock & load + harbinger, weapons only at level 3, I feel much more motivated to beat crushing mode now.

Edited by PliskinCobra
  • Like 2

@shorty2905: Great job, I am using your indications to build my road to these trophies. You should definitely write a guide for this DLC!!

I got a question: it seems to me that the QTE are getting harder depending on the difficulty. Do you agree? (so that in crushing, it is good to change the options for the QTE)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NamoPh said:

I can confirm that the stage 6 method, which I was most concerned about, still works.

Thanks you so much for this info mate. 1.32 still works!

On 25.11.2017 at 2:02 PM, djippps said:

@shorty2905: Great job, I am using your indications to build my road to these trophies. You should definitely write a guide for this DLC!!

I got a question: it seems to me that the QTE are getting harder depending on the difficulty. Do you agree? (so that in crushing, it is good to change the options for the QTE)

I don't really know about the QTE difficulty but by now i've heard several times that changing the QTE option is always beneficial. So just go ahead!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rio__HUN said:

Hey Guys? 

Any difficulty difference playing on solo or with friends? I mean, for example... the boss has more health or something?!

I just got 30 stars and it was a nightmare. I found two really nice guys that helped me a lot. Boss has the same amount of health i think but there are more little guys running and they are tougher.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

I just got 30 stars and it was a nightmare. I found two really nice guys that helped me a lot. Boss has the same amount of health i think but there are more little guys running and they are tougher.

Thanks Mate. I have the stage 1-5 on ***

I almost got the stage 6 but a random guy joined and messed up the whole cliff-glitch thing. ?

Still need the lvl 5 weapons. M14 & ak. 

@Rio__HUN: I have played with randoms. For now, I have 19 stars among them 3 stars on stages 1,3,7 and 2 stars on stages 5, 9 while for warlord stages 4,8 and 10, I have one or zero star. On the other hand, I also watched the amazing, even awesome series of videos by shorty2905 (I have no word for that since he did it with a lot of details while staying nice and very humble). My conclusion is that many players are efficient for using m14 custom, can have the good spot for the spawning points BUT in general do not have the good strategies for the warlord, so there is plenty of time which is lost, if your matchmaking is "unlucky". In this perspective and in my opinion, the crucial stages for the 3 stars are 4, 8 and 10. I see 3 ways to get them: a lucky matchmaking, work them solo or make a session. About the health of the warlords, I confirm he is more sensitive to headshots (as said by shorty).

Finally, I am going to give a small remark about a glitch on stage 8. During my first try, one player tells us to go hand to hand combat with the warlord at the beginning of the wave (without absolutely no bullet shot), the location being the stairs near the bridge and not the side of the center arsenal. After "many" tries, it worked.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I am going to get back into U4 for the dlc trophies.

Should I play through on lower difficulties to unlock weapons first? or get a group together and attempt crushing asap?

Is this the sort of thing you can get carried though by someone with all weapons unlocked/good strategies?

Thanks

1 hour ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Is this the sort of thing you can get carried though by someone with all weapons unlocked/good strategies?

Yes. Find 2 guys that have crushing badge = 30 stars on crushing and just ask them. This way it should take 3 hours if they are good. Playing with randoms and leveling  to 50 rank and upgrading weapons to level 5 is going to take a lot of time i would say 30h. Making it solo is hardcore. Have Fun! :D

Great videos, much appreciated, I've cleared seven maps with a couple of skilled partners, I'm missing just maps 2-9-10, I'm aiming at clearing at least map 10 with them, but my plus subscription will end in a couple days and I don't intend to renew it atm, so I'll try the solo route for maps 2 and 9, I've already cleared map 2 solo with one star without maxed weapons so I think it's manageable, map 9 will be a different story but by maxing weapons and working steadily on the daily challenges for a while I'll improve my chances, I'm not in a hurry. Is there a reliable way to farm lv.5 long guns solo? Map 6 it's perhaps the easiest route? I can easily farm lv.5 pistols in map 2.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.1.2018 at 5:43 PM, djippps said:

@Rio__HUN: I have played with randoms. For now, I have 19 stars among them 3 stars on stages 1,3,7 and 2 stars on stages 5, 9 while for warlord stages 4,8 and 10, I have one or zero star. On the other hand, I also watched the amazing, even awesome series of videos by shorty2905 (I have no word for that since he did it with a lot of details while staying nice and very humble). My conclusion is that many players are efficient for using m14 custom, can have the good spot for the spawning points BUT in general do not have the good strategies for the warlord, so there is plenty of time which is lost, if your matchmaking is "unlucky". In this perspective and in my opinion, the crucial stages for the 3 stars are 4, 8 and 10. I see 3 ways to get them: a lucky matchmaking, work them solo or make a session. About the health of the warlords, I confirm he is more sensitive to headshots (as said by shorty).

Finally, I am going to give a small remark about a glitch on stage 8. During my first try, one player tells us to go hand to hand combat with the warlord at the beginning of the wave (without absolutely no bullet shot), the location being the stairs near the bridge and not the side of the center arsenal. After "many" tries, it worked.

Thank you for the kind words. I saw the bug you describe in a very old video of some hispanic fellow. I was under the impression they fixed it but apperently not :)

Congratulations.

PS: I'm quite flattered that people still use my videos.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Stage 6 glitch still works, but I encountered an even better glitch.
It happens when you are hanging at the cliff and the warlord is near the edge (not at the position where you can shoot him from below yet), occasionally he would clip through the floor and die.

I got 3 star first try on hard thanks to that glitch, I don't know what exactly trigger it but I kept farming level 5 weapons there and one day it worked.

• Like 1

@PliskinCobra it is the first time I have seen this glitch. In general, I have observed that the game can go crazy when players die (completely), 1 or 2 players, even if more often 2. More precisely, the warlord can stay on a certain part of the map (it occurs to me on stages 4,6 and 8). In your glitch and at first sight, I believe it takes into account: death of the npc + your grenade but it seems pretty random to me. One more remark, for the rope glitch, taking one el dorado could be nice to feel more comfortable (same role as grenades)

ps: you got your m14 lvl 5 in this video too!!! ?

Edited by djippps

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 4:03 PM, shorty2905 said:

Hey fellow Achievement Hunters,

I managed to get the "..It" achievement quite recently. I did it solo, all 10 Stages, all legit, all 30 stars.

I witnessed some lack of up-to-date content concerning this achievement and decided to make my own video guide series.

Uncharted 4: Survival Crushing 30 Stars (Solo)

Edit: Version Check - 1.32 compatible

Please Enjoy

Will definitely help since wave 40 is impossible for me on just moderate. :( 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@shorty2905 Hey Shorty, just want to say thanks a bunch for the time and effort you put into these vids. Me and a mate have been going for 3 stars recently, both together and some solo, and we used quite a few tactics from your vids. It's great how down to earth your vids are, it helped a bunch in knowing how to get 3 stars and knowing that it was actually possible to do without spending real money on a load of one-use boosters.

Got a few tips of my own, hopefully they can help someone - note that they're only for solo or two players, I have no idea what having 3 players is like.

Spoiler
  • Don't feel that you absolutely have to use the M14, I really couldn't get on with the fact that there was no non-scope zoom, far off enemies are easy with it but if anyone rushes you (and the armoured guys do a hell of a lot) I found it really hard to aim at them. Personally I used the FAL on all stages, it has plenty of ammo, you can target close and far off enemies easily and seen as it's a 3-burst shot weapon even if you do miss with the first bullet if you're quick you can get at least one of them to hit, and headshots combined with Deadeye 3 do some serious damage, especially if you get all three shots to hit.
  • Stages 1, 2 and 10 are easiest solo, 4 and 6 to a lesser extent. All the other stages are far easier with a teammate.
  • For stages 4, 6 and 10 (and probably 2) you can play the first few waves together to get a really good time then one of you quit out before the boss stage. Most of the bosses are a hell of a lot easier solo seen as the little guys are far less aggressive during the fight. When we were playing as two in the boss fights I was constantly getting chased by armoured snipers trying to punch the crap out of me, then they'd just pointblank one-shot me while I was stunned.
  • This way too the guy quitting out can just spend all their money to make the first waves easier and the other can save theirs for the boss. The guy quitting out can also buy extra heavy weapons so the guy going for the boss can pick them up.
  • For the stage 4 & 10 boss I found it easier not to use the Harbinger, constantly switching it out for the Flintlock and then back again only to miss a headshot was extremely aggravating. With the HS39 I could still get the boss to almost half-health with just two flintlocks. He pretty much always teleports you after getting two Flintlock hits too if you shoot him for a bit.
  • On stage 10 the first boss would give me a lot more aggro than the second. If the first boss goes sour then just jump off the cliff and start again, seen as he's very good at wasting your time by just hiding in a swath of annoying armoured bastards. The trick to beating him was doing as much damage as possible before they show up then just shooting at him from afar.
  • With the second boss as long as you get the first two flintlocks to hit and have 3+ minutes (5+ to play it safe) to spare then you can just run around shooting him when safe, hopefully getting another flintlock and waiting for him to teleport you. Staying alive was more important than damaging him.
  • Furthermore, shoot him with the pistol when running around, he seems more likely to teleport you when you shoot him, and if you're using the pistol you then have a full clip of the HS39 to load into his head. There's nothing worse than getting him in a vulnerable state only to find you have 5 bullets left in your clip. 
  • Stage 6, if you do run out of ammo when pistol-shotting the boss there's a ammo crate behind you that you can Tarzan-swing to, it does mess it up a bit but if you've got enough time it's better to do than having to restart the whole stage over.
Edited by Zombie-Valentine
Spoiler for less clutter
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.4.2018 at 0:50 PM, Zombie-Valentine said:

@shorty2905 Hey Shorty, just want to say thanks a bunch for the time and effort you put into these vids. Me and a mate have been going for 3 stars recently, both together and some solo, and we used quite a few tactics from your vids. It's great how down to earth your vids are, it helped a bunch in knowing how to get 3 stars and knowing that it was actually possible to do without spending real money on a load of one-use boosters.

Got a few tips of my own, hopefully they can help someone - note that they're only for solo or two players, I have no idea what having 3 players is like.

Reveal hidden contents
  • Don't feel that you absolutely have to use the M14, I really couldn't get on with the fact that there was no non-scope zoom, far off enemies are easy with it but if anyone rushes you (and the armoured guys do a hell of a lot) I found it really hard to aim at them. Personally I used the FAL on all stages, it has plenty of ammo, you can target close and far off enemies easily and seen as it's a 3-burst shot weapon even if you do miss with the first bullet if you're quick you can get at least one of them to hit, and headshots combined with Deadeye 3 do some serious damage, especially if you get all three shots to hit.
  • Stages 1, 2 and 10 are easiest solo, 4 and 6 to a lesser extent. All the other stages are far easier with a teammate.
  • For stages 4, 6 and 10 (and probably 2) you can play the first few waves together to get a really good time then one of you quit out before the boss stage. Most of the bosses are a hell of a lot easier solo seen as the little guys are far less aggressive during the fight. When we were playing as two in the boss fights I was constantly getting chased by armoured snipers trying to punch the crap out of me, then they'd just pointblank one-shot me while I was stunned.
  • This way too the guy quitting out can just spend all their money to make the first waves easier and the other can save theirs for the boss. The guy quitting out can also buy extra heavy weapons so the guy going for the boss can pick them up.
  • For the stage 4 & 10 boss I found it easier not to use the Harbinger, constantly switching it out for the Flintlock and then back again only to miss a headshot was extremely aggravating. With the HS39 I could still get the boss to almost half-health with just two flintlocks. He pretty much always teleports you after getting two Flintlock hits too if you shoot him for a bit.
  • On stage 10 the first boss would give me a lot more aggro than the second. If the first boss goes sour then just jump off the cliff and start again, seen as he's very good at wasting your time by just hiding in a swath of annoying armoured bastards. The trick to beating him was doing as much damage as possible before they show up then just shooting at him from afar.
  • With the second boss as long as you get the first two flintlocks to hit and have 3+ minutes (5+ to play it safe) to spare then you can just run around shooting him when safe, hopefully getting another flintlock and waiting for him to teleport you. Staying alive was more important than damaging him.
  • Furthermore, shoot him with the pistol when running around, he seems more likely to teleport you when you shoot him, and if you're using the pistol you then have a full clip of the HS39 to load into his head. There's nothing worse than getting him in a vulnerable state only to find you have 5 bullets left in your clip. 
  • Stage 6, if you do run out of ammo when pistol-shotting the boss there's a ammo crate behind you that you can Tarzan-swing to, it does mess it up a bit but if you've got enough time it's better to do than having to restart the whole stage over.

Thanks a lot, and thank you very much for the additional effort.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 2:36 AM, Donkrieg1011 said:

Looking for co-op partners. Anyone can help me get through stage 8 9 10 on hard? I haven't even unlocked crushing yet because of these 3 stages. On level 42 right now and ID is donkrieg1011

I can help if you want, I've completed all survival stages on crushing as well, so you can do any at random, not in chronological order. 

Psn: TerminatarMnA

• Like 1