Multiplayer active enough to achieve platinum?

JAYSEN187

I'm just wondering if it is even possible to get the multi-player trophies without boosting since this is a pretty old game and nobody seems to wanna boost it. I don't want to attempt nightmare difficulty until these are taken care of. Any replies are appreciated ☺️

I think you probably wont have too much trouble finding people that want to boost AVP but the region is (semi) region locked. By that I mean I managed to connect with NA players a couple of times out of several tries (I live in the UK) but a player from South Africa could not join a game I was playing with other players from EU. Also the XP trophies are realistically impossible without using the glitch

You only need 3 people for team deathmatch (one player on each of the three teams). The game will say waiting for X people then that number will reduce until the game just gives in and lets you start. I'm not sure about the other match types but I think it is probably 3 as well. More players makes the trophy for 20 team kills in 60 seconds in a Survivor match easier (this is PVE). The main tricky trophy is the one where you need to play a match with 6 people on your friends list. Oh and beware there are a few players that clearly have been playing this since it came out and they are REALLY good at it

• Like 1

No problem. If i remember correctly I think an Infestation match requires 4 people but it might work with 3. I think you can search for games with party members in some modes such as Team Death Match and Mixed Species Team Death Match but not for Infestation or Death Match as party members are always on the same team I believe. You definitely can search for Survivor games as a party as that is co-op.

• Like 1

Before anyone even remotely considers boosting this game, see this thread from .org: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/225070-update-multiplayer-trophies-tips-methods.html. I can verify every last word of this thread, because I was In the same boosting group as the author.

The Six Pack trophy in particular is a pain, because you must have less than 100 people on your friends list or else the trophy will glitch and not pop. Boosting is essential if you want the Platinum, due to the servers being near deserted and buggy as hell.

AVP 3 is a lousy game, thus I recommend sticking with 1 and 2 on the PC as they're far superior to this entry.

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Six Pack trophy in particular is a pain, because you must have less than 100 people on your friends list or else the trophy will glitch and not pop. 

If you go offline then back online it is entirely possible to get it with 100+ friends. I had like 200-300 friends and got the trophy, just make sure they all appear on your friends list and it will pop fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Before anyone even remotely considers boosting this game, see this thread from .org: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/aliens-vs-predator/225070-update-multiplayer-trophies-tips-methods.html. I can verify every last word of this thread, because I was In the same boosting group as the author.

The Six Pack trophy in particular is a pain, because you must have less than 100 people on your friends list or else the trophy will glitch and not pop. Boosting is essential if you want the Platinum, due to the servers being near deserted and buggy as hell.

AVP 3 is a lousy game, thus I recommend sticking with 1 and 2 on the PC as they're far superior to this entry.

It's interesting that the first post states that it is region locked only when individually searching. That makes sense because when I got the Six Pack trophy it was with a mixed group of EU and NA players in two parties but on later occasions we were searching individually because there would only be 3 or 4 of us available at a time at it didn't work.

6 hours ago, JAYSEN187 said:

I wonder if you could earn the six pack trophy with some of your friends being on the opposite team or if all 6 friends have to be on your team. Because if the lobbies are that dead I doubt there's enough randoms online to even start a match. 

We did it as two parties but all of us added each other first.

Yeah sounds like it could be, I think it was mainly NA players when I was boosting then found another group that let me join to finish the matches. Also it's random who is the alien in infestation so it may take a few tries especially if you have randoms getting involved

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
49 minutes ago, JWill_55 said:

I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering if I got 8 copies of the game if I could boost it. I still see people earning MP stuff so I might just be crazy enough to do it. Trying to go through all my backlogs.. 

If you have that many alts it’s 100% possible still. I was able to get all multiplayer trophies in less than half a day with dedicated people, so if that’s doable you’ll have a breeze if you’re going at it alone. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

If you have that many alts it’s 100% possible still. I was able to get all multiplayer trophies in less than half a day with dedicated people, so if that’s doable you’ll have a breeze if you’re going at it alone. 

I’ve got 8 PS3... embarrassing; but that’s so good to know.. I assumed the servers died years ago. Thanks man.