Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artemisthemp

PSN Version - Region Locked

7 posts in this topic

I never really did understand why they region lock games...

To me, it just seems like a poor business decision

I never really did understand why they region lock games...

To me, it just seems like a poor business decision

No, it's not. Take this game as an example, if it wasn't for region lock, EU and JAP people will definitely buy the US version which is cheaper. That affectedly makes the publisher in EU and JAP lose money. It sucks for us gamer, but not for business.

Well once Blazblue 3 will be release for Home console with no region lock at all, ZEN United will lose everything releasing P4A EU version AFTER Blazblue 3.

No, it's not. Take this game as an example, if it wasn't for region lock, EU and JAP people will definitely buy the US version which is cheaper. That affectedly makes the publisher in EU and JAP lose money. It sucks for us gamer, but not for business.

I understand where you're coming from, but how difficult is it to adjust prices for each currency (yes, probably hard)? it would be similar to books, on the back of a book usually it has the US price and the price for Canada. Instead, have the EU price and the JAP price also listed on the store.

Of course, if it was only that easy....

It ain't necessary true for EU, duo to traffi.

Well once Blazblue 3 will be release for Home console with no region lock at all, ZEN United will lose everything releasing P4A EU version AFTER Blazblue 3.

They already lost by Region Lock a PS3 game.

Certain ppl won't touch a game know for been Region Lock.

Oh man that sucks. WHY??????? I've been waiting so long 4 this and i actually considered buying from the us store . Will it ever come?

twhit245.png