Travis Strikes Again

SINISTER-SINS_

Any Suda fans???

Doesn't seem like it, but with the recent announcement of this new game it seems he's back in a big way! Directing and all!

The coolest thing I think is that it takes place within already existing games!!! X-over bonanza!

So far its taking place in Hotline Miami And Shovel Knight. So exciting. 

So do you guys think it'll eventually make it over to PS4? And what other 3 games do you think will also be included?

• Like 1

It seems that Suda has aspirations of Travis Touchdown making it into Smash Bros!

That would be cool may as well but I don't know if they're still updating the roster so he may have to wait till the next. Also a Travis Amiibo is an instant buy for me ESPECIALLY with games or franchises that have little to no merchandise. 

Do you guys see it happening?

Not sure what to make of this one. I never played No More Heroes or it's sequel but I have heard good things about the game. I don't know too much about this game either apart from the trailer but my impression is that this is just a spin off and not a main entry in the series. I could be wrong but from what I can tell it is just Travis going into these different indie games (such as Hotline Miami and Shovel Knight). Nothing to really excite me.

Plus the sound in the trailer was off putting. I could barely hear Travis talk because the music was so loud. Is the main game series like this? 

18 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

It seems that Suda has aspirations of Travis Touchdown making it into Smash Bros!

This is very possible. Aren't Suda and Sakura meant to be good friends in real life. Unfortunately Sakura did say the latest Smash Bros would be his last.

18 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Also a Travis Amiibo is an instant buy for me

This is very possible. There is a already a Shovel Knight amiibo that could unlock content for the game and a Travis amiibo makes sense.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2017 at 0:26 AM, tonesdad0408 said:

Any Suda fans???

Doesn't seem like it, but with the recent announcement of this new game it seems he's back in a big way! Directing and all!

The coolest thing I think is that it takes place within already existing games!!! X-over bonanza!

So far its taking place in Hotline Miami And Shovel Knight. So exciting. 

So do you guys think it'll eventually make it over to PS4? And what other 3 games do you think will also be included?

I thought after No More Heroes 2 the series ended, glad it didn't! No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise is one of my prized games, pretty sure the latest addition will get released on the PS4 at some point!???

• Like 1

I'm a Suda fan. Lollipop Chainsaw is one of my favorite games and Platinums. I haven't played any of the NMH games yet but they look cool.

I was very disappointed by Let it Die, but its faults were really faults of the free-to-play model, so it's not like it was a particularly bad example of its format. It was just in a format I detest with every fiber of my being. I would much rather play something closer to Lollipop or Shadows of the Damned.

I'm looking forward to this new game. I just hope it's a full blown sequel and not some cut-down side game like the info so far is sort of suggesting. I don't think it will make it to other platforms, Nintendo is pretty good at locking down exclusives (e.g. NMH2).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xugashi said:

I thought after No More Heroes 2 the series ended, glad it didn't! No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise is one of my prized games, pretty sure the latest addition will get released on the PS4 at some point!1f606.png1f606.png1f606.png

I literally had no idea that NMH was on the PS3 already as Heroes Paradise! Up until this point I thought Grasshopper only had the wacky trilogy games, Black Knight Sword, and not much else on the 3 but I guess I'm gonna have to track this down to go with my other Suda plats!!!

Since its one of your prized games I'm assuming its amazing?

Nintendo Life did a pretty good interview with Suda51 about this game.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/feature_suda51_on_travis_strikes_again_celebrating_indies_and_collecting_zeldas_korok_seeds

It seems to suggest that the game is a full-blown NMH game and not a collection of minigames like I was suspecting. Also, Suda is as entertaining as ever. :)

1 hour ago, tonesdad0408 said:

I literally had no idea that NMH was on the PS3 already as Heroes Paradise! Up until this point I thought Grasshopper only had the wacky trilogy games, Black Knight Sword, and not much else on the 3 but I guess I'm gonna have to track this down to go with my other Suda plats!!!

In the article I linked above, Suda says the Wii version is the "correct" way to play NMH1. That's what I'm planning to do when I dive into the series.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Not sure what to make of this one. I never played No More Heroes or it's sequel but I have heard good things about the game. I don't know too much about this game either apart from the trailer but my impression is that this is just a spin off and not a main entry in the series. I could be wrong but from what I can tell it is just Travis going into these different indie games (such as Hotline Miami and Shovel Knight). Nothing to really excite me.

Plus the sound in the trailer was off putting. I could barely hear Travis talk because the music was so loud. Is the main game series like this? 

I need to get into this series too! I don't know if its all loud and crazy but I can guess its all probably comparable to the new trailer 

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm looking forward to this new game. I just hope it's a full blown sequel and not some cut-down side game like the info so far is sort of suggesting. I don't think it will make it to other platforms, Nintendo is pretty good at locking down exclusives (e.g. NMH2).

So far if they only use random indie devs I think they could do something like Heroes Paradise and re release later for all consoles under a new name with minor changes.

If they include even one Nintendo game to be entered in by Travis then I think there is no chance and it will remain exclusive to Nintendo. 

3 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

here hoping it will make its way to the ps4.............. someday.

Me too, I hate missing out on cool games for my profile...

59 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

I need to get into this series too! I don't know if its all loud and crazy but I can guess its all probably comparable to the new trailer 

So far if they only use random indie devs I think they could do something like Heroes Paradise and re release later for all consoles under a new name with minor changes.

If they include even one Nintendo game to be entered in by Travis then I think there is no chance and it will remain exclusive to Nintendo.

I played a little bit of the second one, although I skipped the cutscenes. Still, I think the audio was balanced better from what I remember.

You may be right, but apparently Suda had nothing to do with the port of HMH1, so a port of the new one may "ruin his vision". Are you getting it on Switch or waiting for a possible port? I know I'll be getting it on Switch, but I do already have one.

6 hours ago, tonesdad0408 said:

You bet it is! The thing I love the most about this franchise is how unique, stupid yet loveable it is from other games!?

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Are you getting it on Switch or waiting for a possible port? I know I'll be getting it on Switch, but I do already have one.

I think I might wait for a possible port. Also not having a switch makes it a little easier, lol! 

If I get through the stuff I want to play from my slowly diminishing backlog and that port still hasn't come I may just have to cave...

13 hours ago, tonesdad0408 said:

the ps3 version is not just a Wii port running in HD, they actually even updated the graphics like improving the number of polygon counts on the environments and characters modeling, also added a Move support to give the ps3 version that wii motion controls feel.

11 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I played 1 and 2 on the Wii then when I get a PS3 I had to get Paradise and it was one of the most fun and enjoyable Platinums ever.

I can't fucking wait for the third game. It's most likely gonna stay as a Switch exclusive, but I don't mind that. I got enough games on PS4.

Sweet!!! 

So lets talk about the other games within this game, I love crossovers and this might be the coolest thing yet!

Indie games are my absolute favorite types of games, so that makes me even more excited. Shovel Knight was another one of my most fun and enjoyable Platinums and that's one of the crossovers. I hope they have stuff like Isaac too.  Maybe some Cave Story, Axiom Verge. I can't even imagine what games they'll cross over with.

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Indie games are my absolute favorite types of games, so that makes me even more excited. Shovel Knight was another one of my most fun and enjoyable Platinums and that's one of the crossovers. I hope they have stuff like Isaac too.  Maybe some Cave Story, Axiom Verge. I can't even imagine what games they'll cross over with.

Omg Binding Isaac would be sick!!!!

I'm really really really hoping for a crossover with Bloodstained! We need to get that creepy, Castlevania vibe going in this game! Also I have to admit I kinda want Mighty No. 9 to be one of the featured crossovers too! 

I have the collectors edition of Mighty but didn't play it yet, I just like Beck. I think he's cool and he's even cooler since I got to hack thousands of zombies to pieces using Beck in Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z!!!

So far the crossovers are just t-shirts Travis wears. I wouldn't get too excited about different games being in it. Yes it's cool, but it's not this super-involved crossover like some people expected.

;tldr - read the article I posted above to hear straight from Suda himself.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

So far the crossovers are just t-shirts Travis wears. I wouldn't get too excited about different games being in it. Yes it's cool, but it's not this super-involved crossover like some people expected.

;tldr - read the article I posted above to hear straight from Suda himself.

It should at least have the esthetics and enemies from these games NMH Style so that's cool enough

13 hours ago, tonesdad0408 said:

It should at least have the esthetics and enemies from these games NMH Style so that's cool enough

Yeah, that would be cool.

I picked up NMH1 on Wii last night and played the first level. It's a fun game and definitely has that Suda style. I'm not sure how the PS3 version is, at least using a DualShock (I never had a Move), but the Wii version actually makes great use of motion controls. They are minimal and not frustrating; you only use them to "shake recharge" your weapon and to execute finishing moves. Anyway, I think they're used well and they add to the gameplay in a fun way.

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, that would be cool.

I picked up NMH1 on Wii last night and played the first level. It's a fun game and definitely has that Suda style. I'm not sure how the PS3 version is, at least using a DualShock (I never had a Move), but the Wii version actually makes great use of motion controls. They are minimal and not frustrating; you only use them to "shake recharge" your weapon and to execute finishing moves. Anyway, I think they're used well and they add to the gameplay in a fun way.

Yeah I loved good motion control Wii games, I basically platinumed RE4 on Wii as it was such a good control scheme! Let me know how the PS3 version is if you decide to compare.

Also yeah I read that article and watched an interview and not gonna lie I was disappointed. ? Some big collaboration as all it is is some T-shirts apparently. 

Have you played Lollipop Chainsaw? In that game there are a couple retro style games you get sucked up in, I'm betting this is how it'll be in TSA. There was a part that had you running through Pacmans maze hacking things up only Pacman was turned into a pumpkin so technically it was you playing through a version of Pacmans maze in 3D...

38 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Yeah I loved good motion control Wii games, I basically platinumed RE4 on Wii as it was such a good control scheme! Let me know how the PS3 version is if you decide to compare.

Also yeah I read that article and watched an interview and not gonna lie I was disappointed. 1f635.png Some big collaboration as all it is is some T-shirts apparently. 

Have you played Lollipop Chainsaw? In that game there are a couple retro style games you get sucked up in, I'm betting this is how it'll be in TSA. There was a part that had you running through Pacmans maze hacking things up only Pacman was turned into a pumpkin so technically it was you playing through a version of Pacmans maze in 3D...

It's funny, I bought the PS3 version of NMH1 a while back, but I hadn't started it yet, and when I started getting excited about Travis Strikes Again, I read that interview with Suda and decided I wanted to experience the game in its original form. I still have my Wii U hooked up, with several Wiimotes and Nunchuks, so it wasn't like I had to go buy an old Wii. I found a copy of NMH1 for $6 here at a local Gamestop in Virginia, which beats the online prices I found (and I probably wouldn't get a case or manual with any used copy no matter where I got it).

Yes, I loved Lollipop Chainsaw (I mentioned it in my first post here, where I also said how disappointed I was by Let it Die) and I would be super excited if a sequel was announced. I had very few annoyances in that game. So far it's my only Suda51 Platinum.

I think both NMH1 and 2 have similar minigames. I just opened up the exploration/open-world part of the game after finishing the first mission in NMH1, so I'll explore the options today or tomorrow.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Having now played the first few bosses in NMH1, by far the most annoying aspect is the open world. It doesn't take very long to travel around, but there is no fast travel and if you fail a job/side mission, you have to go all the way back to the place where you got it, and "sign up" for it again. Apparently the PS3 version improves this by adding a retry option if you fail. From what I've read, the second game removes the open world entirely, which I think is a good thing.

Still, I'm enjoying the game. The combat is very satisfying and the visceral feel of doing finishing moves with the Wiimote is cool. If anyone does decide to play the PS3 version, I recommend playing it with the PS Move (which I've never used but I understand is similar to the Wiimote).

I'm looking forward to the gameplay improvements and better graphics Suda will no doubt bring to Travis Strikes Again.