Travis Strikes Again

SINISTER-SINS_

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Having now played the first few bosses in NMH1, by far the most annoying aspect is the open world. It doesn't take very long to travel around, but there is no fast travel and if you fail a job/side mission, you have to go all the way back to the place where you got it, and "sign up" for it again. Apparently the PS3 version improves this by adding a retry option if you fail. From what I've read, the second game removes the open world entirely, which I think is a good thing.

Still, I'm enjoying the game. The combat is very satisfying and the visceral feel of doing finishing moves with the Wiimote is cool. If anyone does decide to play the PS3 version, I recommend playing it with the PS Move (which I've never used but I understand is similar to the Wiimote).

I'm looking forward to the gameplay improvements and better graphics Suda will no doubt bring to Travis Strikes Again.

Nice. I don't have a move tho will it still work with just a regular controller? Any way I think the Wii had some excellent motion controls especially after they released Wii motion plus. I like the balance board too it had a cool little kung fu game I liked. 

6 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Nice. I don't have a move tho will it still work with just a regular controller? Any way I think the Wii had some excellent motion controls especially after they released Wii motion plus. I like the balance board too it had a cool little kung fu game I liked. 

Yeah, it supposedly does not require the Move, but I think the motion controls make the game much more fun. Strangely enough, the Wii-only sequel added the option to play without motion controls also, on a platform that comes with them. I guess some people hate them period, even when they're implemented well.

28 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, it supposedly does not require the Move, but I think the motion controls make the game much more fun. Strangely enough, the Wii-only sequel added the option to play without motion controls also, on a platform that comes with them. I guess some people hate them period, even when they're implemented well.

Oh yeah no doubt. People hate gimmicks but I thought Wii had some good stuff, I mean look at Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. The controls were awesome and it worked to perfection. My favorite challenge in Galaxy were the rolling ball stages I loved those. They even made one out of a golf course.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not that into Suda, to be honest.

I played a wee bit of No More Heroes on the Wii but I could not get into it quick enough to want to play the whole game.

I played Lollipop Chainsaw and kinda liked it but it often seemed quirky for the sake of being quirky. And I was not amused by the pervy 'looking under the skirt' achievement/trophy, especially after the site members of TrueAchievements awarded it with two GOTY poll awards, one being "most original" and one being "best name", while there were so many more deserving achievements that year... Really made me question what kind of people frequent that site.

I'll keep an open mind come Travis Strikes Again but I'm not getting swept up by the hype. If it gets good reviews from critics and fans, I'll check some gameplay videos to see if it's worth my time.

• Like 1