On the shoulders of giants?

Lightsp33d1987

I think practice tests are the only best/main way of getting resource points. Often get around 300 or so. Then with qualifying & race another 150 - 200 so around 500 total per weekend? I admit its a bit of a grind trophy though, feels like they put it in just to force you to play multiple seasons in Career. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get to level 50 in multiplayer? Im getting all single player stuff done first, but I heard someone say it can take 1 level per hour! If so, that's another grind...

6 hours ago, agamer1 said:

I think practice tests are the only best/main way of getting resource points. Often get around 300 or so. Then with qualifying & race another 150 - 200 so around 500 total per weekend? I admit its a bit of a grind trophy though, feels like they put it in just to force you to play multiple seasons in Career. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get to level 50 in multiplayer? Im getting all single player stuff done first, but I heard someone say it can take 1 level per hour! If so, that's another grind...

Yeah i had a feeling that was only option then you get parts that fail so even more points needed damn this is a grind and online 30+ can take an hour per level depends on tracks just pick the short ones and if you can do 25 or 50% races just race your own race keep it clean no corner cutting and no damage don't worry about finishing position, Always remember short tracks are the way to go.

• Like 1

I finished the plat today. I'm not sure how it calculates the 75% as the trophy didn't pop when I got 75% of the purchasable upgrades. I ended up needing all the minor upgrades in all the trees, 1 major in power, 1 major in chassis and 4 major in aero. The trophy popped when I was in the loading screen for round 13 in my 5th season.

I was doing all the practice programs, entering and retiring from the remaining practice sessions, 1 quali lap and simulating the race. I suppose you could speed it up by skipping the "race strategy" program but it will add a few extra round to your total.

You can also try using backups to save money in case upgrades fail. The game decides if an upgrade will fail at the point of purchase though so if you want to try it make the backup before buying the upgrade. I always bought my upgrades 2 at a time after my 3rd season and had no failures. When I was buying them 1 at a time early on in the game I was averaging 1 failure in 7 (with level 3 quality control upgrade) but when I switched to buying them in pairs nothing else failed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I am starting to think this trophy can actually glitch as i am well over the 75% and no trophy now.

My advice would be to just keep going. The numbers and percentages don't really make sense so just keep buying stuff until it pops! When I got my trophy I couldn't make it come out at 75%. I was either way over or way under when I tried working it out with different combinations of upgrades

• 2 weeks later...
On 19 September 2017 at 7:37 AM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Got the trophy i have upgraded way more than i seen anyone else had to but it's now done.

dgs7jt.jpg

Does the car option make any difference, I'm on round 7 in season 1 and I just ain't getting any upgrades, I'm buying them but I have to keep buying the wear and tear upgrades because the engine parts always wear at well before they should? Maybe it's that part of the r&d that don't need upgrading for the 75%, surly there's a quicker way? this f1 game is great but it's turned into a sim fest.

32 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Does the car option make any difference, I'm on round 7 in season 1 and I just ain't getting any upgrades, I'm buying them but I have to keep buying the wear and tear upgrades because the engine parts always wear at well before they should? Maybe it's that part of the r&d that don't need upgrading for the 75%, surly there's a quicker way? this f1 game is great but it's turned into a sim fest.

Buy all the discounts first and I would upgrade all the engine durability it does help and expect to be playing between 4 to 6 seasons, There is no quick way just keep on doing the practice tests get pole then sim the race keep at it and you will get there.

Just now, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Buy all the discounts first and I would upgrade all the engine durability it does help and expect to be playing between 4 to 6 seasons, There is no quick way just keep on doing the practice tests get pole then sim the race keep at it and you will get there.

The thing is I started with Renault, I thought the upgrades would have been cheaper because it ain't a top team, so when I do season 2 should I do the programs in practice then do the qualifying, then jus sim it, then rinse and repeat? Also thanks for the info ????

14 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

The thing is I started with Renault, I thought the upgrades would have been cheaper because it ain't a top team, so when I do season 2 should I do the programs in practice then do the qualifying, then jus sim it, then rinse and repeat? Also thanks for the info 1f44d.png1f1ec-1f1e7.png1f3ce.png

Do 4 out of the 5 it’s slightly quicker forget the race strategy as it’s 3 laps so do the 4 tests that are single laps so every race weekend do 4 practice tests then get pole with one shot qualifying then sim race this is the fastest route, I would focus on power on the left side max that out when you can.

• Like 1

Just now, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Do 4 out of the 5 it’s slightly quicker forget the race strategy as it’s 3 laps so do the 4 tests that are single laps so every race weekend do 4 practice tests then get pole with one shot qualifying then sim race this is the fastest route, I would focus on power on the left side max that out when you can.

Sweet I'll keep that in mind I just used Chris's recommendation and the thing failed on the right side, maybe that was ment to Happan just to let u no that things can go wrong. Anyhow so do the discounts 1st then work on the power train parts and the engine wear in between, mate thank u so much for the info there ain't a guide in site maybe u sould do one?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3-10-2017 at 10:54 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I want to use this strategy, but how do i sim a race? I can't find this option???

• 5 weeks later...

Durabiliy 18/23

Chassis 16/21

Aerodynamics 20/26

Powertrain 15/15

I have all stats above 75% and still no trophy... I'm starting to get worried.

@EDIT

Never mind, I finally got it... damn what a painful grind.

Here's my stats. Car: Mercedes

nA1zSPb.png

P17APOl.png

Edited by shary96

• 1 month later...
On 15 October 2017 at 1:54 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

When the race starts then the lights go out pause then sim race you have to have the race actually start to sim the race.

Yeah but u lose a lot of resource points by simming the race. I got purple on every thing got p1 in qualifying did 1 lap to get a big advantage to sim the race but I only earned 380 points throughout the whole session. Also u can only do 5 laps not 3 laps unless your talking about that annoying race programme.

1 hour ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Yeah but u lose a lot of resource points by simming the race. I got purple on every thing got p1 in qualifying did 1 lap to get a big advantage to sim the race but I only earned 380 points throughout the whole session. Also u can only do 5 laps not 3 laps unless your talking about that annoying race programme.

3 laps for race programme in practice most people all earn this trophy before season 7 whatever way you choose it’s a bit of a grind.

• Like 1

On 7 January 2018 at 9:02 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

3 laps for race programme in practice most people all earn this trophy before season 7 whatever way you choose it’s a bit of a grind.

I do them but when you sim the race u only get half the resource points up to season 3 and still nowhere done I did all the power train upgrades like u said now I'm moving on to the chassis upgrades. I was also level 9 online and the patch ruined me levelling up system back to level 1 again. Are they doing this on purpose to keep u playing? It's now the second bloody time.

13 hours ago, afc-razor-84 said:

I do them but when you sim the race u only get half the resource points up to season 3 and still nowhere done I did all the power train upgrades like u said now I'm moving on to the chassis upgrades. I was also level 9 online and the patch ruined me levelling up system back to level 1 again. Are they doing this on purpose to keep u playing? It's now the second bloody time.

I did the online for this the week it came out i just played after work each day and on my day off so i had it all done before they reset the stats the first time.

• 3 months later...