On the shoulders of giants?

Lightsp33d1987

I finally got this trophy after a year of playing on and off, never ever do I want to do something like this again.

This was seriously the biggest nightmare to complete, there is no surefire way to know whether you have 75%. I attempted many different ways to go about it, calculating the total upgrades, assigning a value of 1,2 and 3 for minor, major and ultimate upgrades, none of it worked. The only thing I know for sure is I got it at upgrade 100, but he assigned value of 75% for this trophy is BS.

Edited by Jenson2010
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got this trophy - I got it in Season 5, Austria

Powertrain 15/15 100% - I got all discounts and two of the failure upgrades

Chasis 21/21 100% - I got all discounts and two of the failure upgrades

Aero 7/26 27% - I got all discounts and three of the failure updgrades

Durability - 23/23 100%

Competencies 9/12 - 75%

• Like 1

Just did this myself, anyone still wondering what the requirements are, or what actually counts, here’s a real easy way to know where you are:

only 3 of the sections actually count towards this trophy; Powertrain, Aerodynamics and Chassis, and between them all there are 84 nodes, and the 75% is out of those 84 nodes only, so 75% of 84 is 63, you need to accumulate 63 nodes for the trophy, and to count them, minor nodes count for 1, major count for 2, and ultimate nodes counts as 3, hope this helps you :) I was well into my 5th boring season for this, only towards the end finding this info, so I’d already done all of the reliability and competency nodes, and finished with around 90% overall, the trophy should have included all the nodes for this seeing as it’s basically 2-3 seasons just for the nodes that lower the price and failure 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This trophy is either just incredibly glitchy, or the requirements have changed to incorporate Durability also..

I haven't unlocked the trophy yet, and by my count according to the above I have 67 nodes.

20200131-172147-min.jpg

--EDIT--

Let's go with incredibly glitchy.. Still no trophy with the below.

20200202-221745-min.jpg

Edited by iXanon

• 1 month later...

Got mine with 

Durability : 23/23 100%

Chassis: 21/21 100%

Aerodynamics: 8/26 31%

Powertrain: 15/15 100%

I saw somewhere that Durability counts for the trophy, but I'm not so sure anymore. I fully upgraded Powertrain, Durability and Chassis in that order and started to upgrade Aerodynamics last. I only unlocked the trophy when the overall Chassis/Aero/Powertrain where over the 75% threshold, so I recommend anyone trying to do it to at least match my distribution before investing in Durability if it doesn't unlock

• 3 weeks later...

Stats:

Durability: 16/23 (70%)

Chassis: 21/21 (100%)

Aerodynamics: currently 18/26 (69%)

Powertrain: 15/15 (100%)

Competencies: 9/12 (75%)

Still don't got the trophy yet.

This one is so glitchy - can't believe it.

My goal now is to finish my 5th seaon with McLaren and simulate every race.

Edit: Finally popped - stats:

Durability: 16/23 (70%)

Chassis: 21/21 (100%)

Aerodynamics: currently 19/26 (73%)

Powertrain: 15/15 (100%)

Competencies: 9/12 (75%)

Thats a total of 91% in the 3 main categories. 

bullshit trophy

Edited by MuhammadAli-_66
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently picked up this game again to get the final grind over and done with. Obviously it is good to talk about which upgrades to do and which to ignore, but increasing points per hour ratio is also important to shorten the grind as much as possible.

Right now I am doing it like this:

1. During first practice I do all challenges except the race one. That means I get 200 points in 4 laps (plus whatever I happen to get from the team challenges).
  2. When that is complete I skip to qualifying and put myself on pole.
  3. Then I do 1 lap in the race to get a big lead and simulate the rest, winning the race all the time. This ensures I stay the nr 1 driver for the (admittedly small) bonus.

So a race weekend takes only 6 laps when I do it right and depending on the track length I can do about 4 races an hour while still maximizing my points as much as possible.

I have not done the numbers on this but it feels like the fastest way for me. But if anyone thinks they can improve this strategy in terms of points per hour I will happily take suggestions!

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

5 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I have not done the numbers on this but it feels like the fastest way for me. But if anyone thinks they can improve this strategy in terms of points per hour I will happily take suggestions!

No need to do a full lap, just get in front and then simulate you will win every time, also before the race order a new power unit for a grid drop penalty for an extra 25 points at then end of the race. Best upgrades are Power, Chassis and Durability, get all the discounts for Power and Chassis. For Aerodynamics don't buy any discounts as its not worth it. Also don't buy any quality control for anything, instead before any upgrade you buy quit to menu and disable saving, if it fails dashboard and buy something else or try again. Durability never fails, and whatever you buy at the end of the season also never fails. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 2

On 27-4-2020 at 3:43 PM, GUDGER666 said:

No need to do a full lap, just get in front and then simulate you will win every time

Thanks for the tips! I followed your advice of just quitting out while in the lead and it worked perfectly fine. Didn't think about the grid penalty before, but you're right that's basically 50 free points again. I will make sure to follow the rest of your tips too, cheers!

Edit: managed to snag up the trophy in 6 seasons plus a couple of races. It popped a little earlier (2 or 3 upgrades) than my calculations suggested but I didn't complain of course.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus, this trophy questioned my commitment to the cause! Finally popped it at the end of my 6th season. I realise I could've popped it sooner but as I hit my 5th season I was only doing 1 practice mode, skipping qualy and finishing the race 1st (just going through season as quickly as possible for random sponsor bonus points and end of season bonus). 

Like many others, my overall seemed to be a lot higher than 75%. 

Just glad to pop this and the plat finally.

• 1 month later...

Just to add some more information to this trophy. I popped the trophy with the following upgrade percentages.

- Durability 83% - 19/23

- Chassis 100% - 21/21

- Aero 46% - 12/26

- Powertrain 100% - 15/15

- Competencies 75% - 9/12

Looking back I think I would start with Aero, Durability, Chassis then finally Powertrain if the trophy still hasn't popped.

• 1 month later...
On 5.7.2020 at 2:13 AM, JoshC17 said:

Just to add some more information to this trophy. I popped the trophy with the following upgrade percentages.

- Durability 83% - 19/23

- Chassis 100% - 21/21

- Aero 46% - 12/26

- Powertrain 100% - 15/15

- Competencies 75% - 9/12

Looking back I think I would start with Aero, Durability, Chassis then finally Powertrain if the trophy still hasn't popped.

You are rly lucky :)

My trophie didnt Pop :(

- durability - 3/23

- Chassis - 20/21

- Aero - 25/26

- Poertrain - 15/15

-competencies - 9/12

I think I will give up. 

Im season 9 now. 

I dont know what is to Do now? 

I read durability is Not needed for the trophie. 

But without durability i A way more than 75% :(

Some one have Tips? 

Reinstall the game? 

On 8.10.2019 at 10:13 PM, Shmeefly said:

Just did this myself, anyone still wondering what the requirements are, or what actually counts, here’s a real easy way to know where you are:

only 3 of the sections actually count towards this trophy; Powertrain, Aerodynamics and Chassis, and between them all there are 84 nodes, and the 75% is out of those 84 nodes only, so 75% of 84 is 63, you need to accumulate 63 nodes for the trophy, and to count them, minor nodes count for 1, major count for 2, and ultimate nodes counts as 3, hope this helps you :) I was well into my 5th boring season for this, only towards the end finding this info, so I’d already done all of the reliability and competency nodes, and finished with around 90% overall, the trophy should have included all the nodes for this seeing as it’s basically 2-3 seasons just for the nodes that lower the price and failure 

Dosent work for me. 

Only need 2 Upgrades in this 3 sections.

I think durability count.

I only got 3 Upgrades in this section.

Edited by LRL-Terrorzwerg

On 8/21/2020 at 10:24 AM, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

You are rly lucky :)

My trophie didnt Pop :(

- durability - 3/23

- Chassis - 20/21

- Aero - 25/26

- Poertrain - 15/15

-competencies - 9/12

I think I will give up. 

Im season 9 now. 

I dont know what is to Do now? 

I read durability is Not needed for the trophie. 

But without durability i A way more than 75% :(

Some one have Tips? 

Reinstall the game? 

Dosent work for me. 

Only need 2 Upgrades in this 3 sections.

I think durability count.

I only got 3 Upgrades in this section.

That's really unfortunate for you but I'm sure you're nearly there. I think durability is needed for the trophy so just keep at it. I decided not to do much of aero as it's the most expensive. Hope this helps!

On 26.8.2020 at 10:02 PM, JoshC17 said:

That's really unfortunate for you but I'm sure you're nearly there. I think durability is needed for the trophy so just keep at it. I decided not to do much of aero as it's the most expensive. Hope this helps!

Ty I got the platinum now. 

Trophie popped after 23/23 durability. 

I read much about this achivement. 

The most of people opped this trophie after gettinf durability 23/23.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 06/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, ricgl83 said:

Finally got this trophy - I got it in Season 5, Austria

Powertrain 15/15 100% - I got all discounts and two of the failure upgrades

Chasis 21/21 100% - I got all discounts and two of the failure upgrades

Aero 7/26 27% - I got all discounts and three of the failure updgrades

Durability - 23/23 100%

Competencies 9/12 - 75%

I just wanna add to the thread here. I got the trophy at this exact same combination. Only difference were my competencies which were at 11/12

• 2 months later...

I decided to plat this game after 3 year of break.

And the trophy popped after I upgraded the "Durability" department.

You have to get the arithmetic sum of all 27 categories including the core competencies, not the 3 or 5 department's general percentage. 

As you can see the general 5 department's arithmetic sum is above 80% but the trophy did not pop.

Below is all my thoughts, maybe that can be on another forums i did not look up for it.

This calculation is not guaranteed but i believe this is the real solution.

So your trophy should pop maybe just after upgrading efficiency or quality control.

Also I thought it would be enough to purchase 3 efficiency nodes so i did not purchase all the discounts but I was wrong

And those efficiency and quality control upgrade increases the overall percentages too.

That is the situation i think:

When you hover to "RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT" on notebook with R1 button, there are the big percentages, they do not give the answer to us.

Just here click "View R&D Tree".

Now we can see detailed here. Just hover on every department, do not zoom in.

You will see Department Categories on the right side of the screen.

For "Durability" there are 8 categories, for "Chassis" 5 categories, for "Aero" 6, for "Powertrain" 4 and for "Core Competences" there are 4 categories.

You have to sum all the percentages which makes 27 all together. There are 27 categories including competencies.

At durability there are only 3 levels, so each one increases the overall sum by 33%. And they are cheap 500 cr.

But even an ultimate upgrade increases the overall sum by 12-14%. And they are expensive and takes 3 weeks.

On my first screenshot (which is just before the last upgrade which popped the trophy) there is; 

Durability; 100 + 100 + 67 + 67 + 33 + 33 + 67 + 100 = 567

Chassis; 86 + 78 + 100 + 60 + 40 = 364

Aero; 100 + 78 + 83 + 100 + 60 + 40 = 461

Powertrain; 100 + 100 + 60 + 60 = 320

Core Competencies; 100 + 0 + 100 + 100 = 300

Now we have to get the arithmetic sum: (567 + 364 + 461 + 320 + 300) / 27 = 74,51

And this percentage is not enough for the trophy which is 75%.

i2nbooV.jpeg

On second screenshot (which is the latest view after the trophy popped);

I only purchased 2 upgrades for Durability which is 1000 points.

And it increased "Energy Store" by 34% and "Turbo Charger" by 34%.

The others are the same.

So the grand percentage total became; (567 + 34 + 34) + 364 + 461 + 320 + 300 = 2080

And the arithmetic sum: 2080 / 27 = 77,03

And the trophy popped.

Just one upgrade was enough though but i had enough credits to purchase two upgrades.

0jUABgX.jpeg

So in short; the "overall development progress" percentages do not give us the real percentage. Their arithmetic sum is not related to trophy.

You have to sum all the percentages one by one including the core competencies and divide it to 27. This number must be over 75 and this one is related with the trophy.

Edited by thesahinonur
  • Like 2

I read alot about this specific trophy and for me the thing worked with:

• 23/23 durability
  • 1/21 chasis
  • 25/26 aero
  • 15/15 powertrain

If u count all the upgrades from these 4 categories together u will get a total of 85 upgrades. 85 * 0,75 = 63,75 = 64. 
U need a TOTAL of 64 upgrades. I read on Trueachievements that they patched this in, so make sure u are on the latest patch. Fastes way to do it, buy every discount for Powertrain/Earo en get every single upgrade in both of these categories. Then buy all durability upgrades (every single one of these are 500 and u can buy them all in 1 season). I got the trophy done with upgrading the last durability.  

Edited by IGUnique
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so i just got the trophy as well 
season 6 - race 9 / 20 

as for my r&d progress 
durability 23/23 (dont ask why)
powertrain 15/15 - 2 quality control / 0 efficiency upgrades  (fastest for some assembly required considering durability doesnt count for that although it counts for on the shoulders of giants)
aerodynamics 15/26 - 1 quality control / 0 efficiency upgrades 
chassis 15/21 - 2 quality control / 2 efficiency upgrades
competencies as u may expect 9/12

Edited by Absolut_Veigar

• 1 month later...

I got the trophy today with:

26/26 AERO

15/15 POWER

0/21 CHASSIS

22/23 DURABILITY

Not sure if it matters but i also had 5/5 department efficiency in Power and Aero + 2 department quality control in Aero.

And i also had 9/12 competencies.

I did Power max first, then Aero 2nd, so yes, Durability DOES COUNT towards trophy.