Anyone else's PS4 getting loud while playing?

agamer1

I know this is not trophy related, but I'm asking more out of interest/to see if this is a common trait with this game. I've noticed while playing, especially when you are sat in the garage (But also racing) my PS4's fans go into overdrive! The console doesn't seem to be getting any hotter than usual though, just making a lot of noise. Maybe it's trying to replicate an actual F1 engine for realism? lol. I'm using a PS4 Pro, if anyone else has experienced this it would be interesting to know! My guess is the game is requiring a lot of horsepower from the the PS4 in order to actually run it, which is just making the PS4 work harder, I'm just wondering whether this is just me or if its something everyone is experiencing. 

Edited by agamer1

42 minutes ago, agamer1 said:

my PS4's fans go into overdrive!

A u sure that are fans? 'cuz what you are talking about actually happens with a CD drive. Is it has been experienced with a digital purchased game?

I have my PS running wild only when I play from disk and it's really loud.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

My pro used to get loud with a few games. It also got pretty hot but I think it's because it's in a fairly enclosed space in my tv unit. A couple of weeks ago I got a 5" clip on desk fan and positioned it facing the back of the system - it's been quiet ever since! Doesn't heat up at all now either so my advice would be to get some more ventilation to the back of your system and see how that goes

Many games have an uncapped framerate in menus and that makes the fan go nuts. Uncharted 4 is the best example. Horizon Zero Dawn on the map screen is supposedly even worse. No model is quiet, people who say theirs is are lying or deaf. Unless your console is a jet engine in the home screen, it's all normal and nothing to be concerned about. In fact, if your fan wasn't loud you should be concerned.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

My pro used to get loud with a few games. It also got pretty hot but I think it's because it's in a fairly enclosed space in my tv unit. A couple of weeks ago I got a 5" clip on desk fan and positioned it facing the back of the system - it's been quiet ever since! Doesn't heat up at all now either so my advice would be to get some more ventilation to the back of your system and see how that goes

You shouldn't actually face a fan towards the vents all you are doing is blowing dust and the heat back into the console and going to shorten the life of the console, The fan inside is designed to adjust the speed rate with the temp inside a fan blowing in is gonna make the console think it's cooler than it actually is.

25 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

You shouldn't actually face a fan towards the vents all you are doing is blowing dust and the heat back into the console and going to shorten the life of the console, The fan inside is designed to adjust the speed rate with the temp inside a fan blowing in is gonna make the console think it's cooler than it actually is.

It's not pointed directly into the vents. The fan is lined up in the same direction as the vents to take the hot air out and away from the inside of the tv unit. 60% of the back of my system has a 3" gap to a piece of wood at the back of the tv unit so there was no where for the hot air to go!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Again, are you sure it's not the CD drive? Only time my PS4 got loud was when my physical copy of Until Dawn was being installed and played for the first time. As already suggested, you should check if there are loud noises when you play a digital version of a game, otherwise it could be just the CD drive doing its thing. It gets louder when installing/playing some games.

18 hours ago, Rui_One_544 said:

Again, are you sure it's not the CD drive? Only time my PS4 got loud was when my physical copy of Until Dawn was being installed and played for the first time. As already suggested, you should check if there are loud noises when you play a digital version of a game, otherwise it could be just the CD drive doing its thing. It gets louder when installing/playing some games.

Mine is a digital copy and it still gets loud, even without a disc in the console.

My 3 and a half years old ps4 makes so much noise! It drives me crazy sometimes. In my case, I can assure its dirty inside because I never opened it. But any console makes noises, PlayStation have always been a loud boy! Also I have several friends that say their consoles, fat and pro, is really noisy sometimes. When IGN reviewed the PS4 Slim console, they said it was more silent and it could run Uncharted 4 without sounding like a rising airplane, something like that.

Edit: my console is loud with both physical and digital games.

Edited by GravityQueeen