Games not registering as purchased in PS store

DrEvilGuapo

I noticed this evening that a PS4/Vita cross-buy game that I purchased back in February no longer registers as having been purchased on the PS store. I tried to download through my Vita, no dice ... it prompts me to buy the game. I checked through the desktop and mobile store sites; same thing for both the Vita and PS4 entries. 

I called the Sony PS support folks and, let me say, they are as useless as tits on a bull. All they could do is verify that I had indeed purchased the game. No resolution. 

I am concerned that there may be other titles like this and will have to manually cross reference everything to know for sure. 

Has as anyone else run up against this issue?  If so, were you able to successfully resolve it?

Thank you, fellow hunters. 

Edited by DrEvilGuapo
  • Like 1

Edit: Oh, I didn't notice the part where you say it prompts you to buy the game on Vita. I must be experiencing something else.

Original post: I've had this issue for a while and it affects a huge amount of my purchases. It just seems to be a visual glitch with the browser store. If you try to put something in your basket, it won't let you because it knows you already own it, and you're able to find and download everything normally from their respective consoles.

Edited by Shadiochao

I've had that issue on PS4 a ton. The only solution was to go to the webstore and check my download list (rather than the game page).

Sometimes the game page takes forever to actually load up something you've bought, but I'd say go directly to your download list. Even though it's a pain to have to go through it, that's the only way I've been able to go around this. I don't know how that would work with Vita however. Since I don't think you can queue up downloads from the webstore to Vita like you can PS3/PS4, but then I've never tried. I'd try now but firefox never loads up the store and I can't be arsed to login on another browser.

Thank you all for your replies.  I did a relatively quick cross-reference of purchased digital titles to the PSN store status and found at least five issues (Mortal Kombat X, Bridge Constructor, XCOM: Enemy Within, Game of Thrones, and Until Dawn).  I also noticed that all titles acquired through PS+ exhibit this behavior (and yes, I confirmed that my PS+ subscription is current --- it is good through early 2018).

I don't want to make anyone paranoid, but if you have a large digital backlog, you may want to check this out on your end as well.  I am becoming very distrusting of digital purchases; I think I am going to go ahead and download every single thing I can so that I don't get locked out of them.

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Have you tried restoring your licenses? That tends to be an issue with purchases

This had no impact to the observed issue.

3 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Edit: Oh, I didn't notice the part where you say it prompts you to buy the game on Vita. I must be experiencing something else.

Original post: I've had this issue for a while and it affects a huge amount of my purchases. It just seems to be a visual glitch with the browser store. If you try to put something in your basket, it won't let you because it knows you already own it, and you're able to find and download everything normally from their respective consoles.

For the games I'm having issues with, I confirmed that it would let me add them to the basket and go all the way through to the final confirm purchase.

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I've had that issue on PS4 a ton. The only solution was to go to the webstore and check my download list (rather than the game page).

Sometimes the game page takes forever to actually load up something you've bought, but I'd say go directly to your download list. Even though it's a pain to have to go through it, that's the only way I've been able to go around this. I don't know how that would work with Vita however. Since I don't think you can queue up downloads from the webstore to Vita like you can PS3/PS4, but then I've never tried. I'd try now but firefox never loads up the store and I can't be arsed to login on another browser.

My download list still appears to have all of my purchased history, however, for several cross-buy games, only the primary console list item shows (e.g. there is an entry for the PS4 download, but not for the PS3 or Vita versions).

I have seen this, well something like this where I can seemingly 'buy' a game that I already own. I only see it when using the web store (PC), I found it was easily resolved by simply logging out & logging back in again. Although I'm sure you've already tried that?

It happens to me usually around the time a new sale goes up, or at least I spend more time in the store on those days so I tend to notice. :)

I've also started keeping a Google doc of everything I've ever bought so I can double check how & when I got it. The only thing about a list like that is that it's depressing when you look at all your un-played games! :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adycakes said:

I have seen this, well something like this where I can seemingly 'buy' a game that I already own. I only see it when using the web store (PC), I found it was easily resolved by simply logging out & logging back in again. Although I'm sure you've already tried that?

It happens to me usually around the time a new sale goes up, or at least I spend more time in the store on those days so I tend to notice. :)

I've also started keeping a Google doc of everything I've ever bought so I can double check how & when I got it. The only thing about a list like that is that it's depressing when you look at all your un-played games! :P

I indeed did try logging out/in and on multiple devices. The issue is on their side. I've purchased a lot of content through the PSN store; it bothers me that I can't completely trust them to honor my purchases. Back to physical media I go, while it's still an option. 

And good on you for the Google sheet. I keep a detailed record of my backlog as well (with some statistical analysis goodies and a quantitative priority algorithm to recommend order for me). That list is what made it possible for me to cross reference the store with accuracy. 

Edited by DrEvilGuapo
  • Like 1

I've had PS Plus game problems where my Infamous 1 and Mafia 2 has disappeared from my download list. I know that Mafia 2 got taken down for whatever reason then put back up, but I went to download Infamous the other day because I'm interested in getting the platinum, but according to the PS Store I haven't bought it (even though I had it for free), or it wasn't in my download list. Both of them are not on my download list and it wants me to purchase them.

Edited by SamS7398

23 minutes ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

I indeed did try logging out/in and on multiple devices. The issue is on their side. I've purchased a lot of content through the PSN store; it bothers me that I can't completely trust them to honor my purchases. Back to physical media I go, while it's still an option. 

And good on you for the Google sheet. I keep a detailed record of my backlog as well (with some statistical analysis goodies and a quantitative priority algorithm to recommend order for me). That list is what made it possible for me to cross reference the store with accuracy. 

I thought you would have, sorry for the problem you're facing, I can appreciate it's very frustrating.

I've 'bought' a lot through the store too, probably 80% of it is PS+ content though rather than purchases as I only ever buy digital if it's stupidly cheap or I need DLC to 100% a game. I'm going to check a few much older purchases now & see if the problem is there for me.

Yours sounds much more sophisticated than mine, mine asks a simple question "Are there online trophies?" If Yes, complete ASAP! :P 

I found that Infamous is yet another title that I'm having this issue with.  So, you're not alone. 

They threw a token refund at me after my non-productive call with them earlier (before I even realized the breadth of the problem).

They don't have a clue what to do about it and refused to escalate the issue without broad reporting from other users. Even then, they said the issue had to be against the same software title(s). Shenanigans!

i had this issue a few month back where i'd purchased the games and they weren't showing in my library, i was however able to download them though the store. i restored my licenses to fix that issue. i've also noticed that some xbuy title will need to be purchased, as free though the store again on the relevant console for some titles as well.

• 4 years later...
On 04/09/2017 at 10:21 PM, DrEvilGuapo said:

I noticed this evening that a PS4/Vita cross-buy game that I purchased back in February no longer registers as having been purchased on the PS store. I tried to download through my Vita, no dice ... it prompts me to buy the game. I checked through the desktop and mobile store sites; same thing for both the Vita and PS4 entries. 

I called the Sony PS support folks and, let me say, they are as useless as tits on a bull. All they could do is verify that I had indeed purchased the game. No resolution. 

I am concerned that there may be other titles like this and will have to manually cross reference everything to know for sure. 

Has as anyone else run up against this issue?  If so, were you able to successfully resolve it?

Thank you, fellow hunters. 

Wow, well if they verified you purchased it, the least they could have done was offer you PSN funds so you could re purchase it.

My games are disappearing too now and including all the themes, costumes, dlc and free demos, I have 1136 items in my download list. It's such a pain to go through it and find out what other games that I have already purchased have disappeared. I'm sure I had more, hence how I smelled the problem of games disappearing. Unacceptable!

I know for sure that for me Infamous 2 on PS3 and Zero Time Dilemma on the Vita are gone from my list. Question is: how many more? This isn't good at all. The only thing that preserves the purchases is the download list (personal digital library).

I'll need to call them too, but I won't be as lenient with them. I'll give them hell. They better respect people's purchases. This is messed up! Unforgivable!

Edited by StarFoxMania