Most Difficult Games You Have Ever Played

sonicace101

What are some of the most difficult games you have ever played, it can be on any console ^_^

Some of the most difficult games I ever played:

Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 (These games kicked my a**)

Bayonetta (same as Devil May Cry)

Ninja Gaiden (NES) (This game is insane)

Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels ( I can see why Japan thought it would be to hard for us Americans)

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (I suck at fighting games)

Mortal Kombat Series (Again, I suck at fighting games)

Crescent Pale Mist (This game is really difficult)

Castlevania 3 (This game is brutal)

Contra (NES)(One hit deaths and only 3 lives = Holy S***)( If you're willing to sacrifice all dignity you can use the Konami code to get 30 lives) I did -_-

The Adventures of Bayou Billy (The only thing I can remember from this game is the game over screen)

Ghosts n' Goblins ( This game is really brutal, also the fact that you have to beat the game twice in order to complete the game)

Battletoads (Again this game is brutal, plus the annoying fact that you can attack the second player)

• Like 1

Back before trophies, i managed to beat God of War 2 on Titan mode (Very Hard Mode) on the PS2.

It was insanly hard.

Not sure if you meant played or actually beaten, but this was the one worth most mentioning. This mode is as tough as Ninja Gaiden.

Edited by Warbear

Catlevania 1,2,3 (when you get attacked you fall back those Medusas are annoying)

Ninja Gaiden 1(one of the hardest series ever made)

Batletoads (this game is extremely hard and playing it with a partner makes it almost unplayable)

Contra (one hit you die)

Gradius IV (one hit and you die same case)

Metal Gear (the SNE version of Metal Gear sucked even Hideo Kojima himself said it)

• Like 2

Stuntman: ignition (PS3) never got anything over 3 stars....ever

Mega Man 9 (PS1) I almost beat this game...I think

Blast Corp. (N64) wtf was I suppose to do again? *screen explodes*....Wait, what?!?

Batman (Sega Genesis) I proudly beat the first 2 levels.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

:hmm:

PS3:

• Marvel vs. Capcom 3- I hate this game so much, it really frustrated me when I played this game - I suck at 2D fighting games :(
  • Dead or Alive 5
    • 10 - 50 invitations is such a pain to get because of the broken invite system :angry::shakefist:
    • Survival Legend (100 matches) A.I. is really cheap and it gets cheaper as the number increases when you lose back to 1 again :shakefist: It came to the point that I got bored doing the same thing and decided to not waste time.

[*]Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1

• What really killed me was Doku & Alma They too much for me :angry::shakefist:
    • Camera angle was inverted that it took me a long time to get used to it :S

[*]Ninja Gaiden 3 - Of all games, I hate this game the most :shakefist::angry:

• Because of the bugs and glitches around the game :angry:
    • Exhaustion & boredom were getting in the way due to losing so many times, killing the same enemies using the same moves all over again that it almost came to the point i almost broke my controller :shakefist:. it wasn't really as fun as the classics. <_<

[*]Final Fantasy 13-2 - Still stuck and I'm not good at playing RPG games :(

[*]Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

• Getting "S" ranks on each chapter on professional really made me bored -_-<_<
    • Doing the 98 matches really is tiresome -_-

[*]Transformers: Fall of Cybertron- really tedious game D:

• I hated the part that you have to max out all of the 4 classes after 2 weeks then redo it again when you unlock Prime Directive just for a Silver trophy <_<:shakefist:
    • Capture the flag - really luck base too like the "S" rank in Resident Evil Operation Racoon City, that you need a really good team work to get it :shakefist:<_<

All of these games are reasons why I gave up and lost motivation of getting those trophies and playing these games that I planned to sell them and personally came into conclusion that 2012 games were such a disappointment for me. Now I just play for fun.

Edited by NightWing127

Not sure if anyone has played the Touhou series, but it's insanely brutal. I still haven't been able to beat the game on normal without continueing, and to get the real ending, you have to beat the game without continuing.

To make matters worse, they are two even harder difficulties. Here's an example. Note that one bullet will kill you.

- Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

- Contra

- Contra III: The Alien Wars

- Dead Space 2 (on Hardcore)

- Zelda II: The Adventures of Link

- The Revenge of Shinobi

- Tetris

- Mortal Kombat II (a real pain unless you take the bitch tactics and abuse Kitana and her fan)

- Resident Evil remake (for Gamecube)

- Call of Duty Classic (on Veteran)

- Demon's Souls

- Metroid

- Metroid II: Return of Samus

- The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

- Columns (the speed is insane)

- Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Game Boy)

- The Terminator (NES)

- Chuck Rock

- X-Kaliber 2097

- Big Sky Trooper

Metroid and Metroid II aren't ballbusters, but deserve to be mentioned because of the confusion they caused since they didn't have a map like Super Metroid. Chuck Rock and Big Sky Trooper made my list because I didn't have a goddamn clue what I was doing.

• Like 1

• Arcana Heart 3 - Two combos and the score attack boss make this game difficult.
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - Just the combo challenges.
  • Ninja Gaiden 2/Sigma 2 - Not really a difficulty spike more it becomes dodge the explosions and the enemies just have higher DEF/HP/ATK.
  • Dead or Alive 5 - Survival mode you need luck and lots of it for a successful run.
  • Project Diva series - Extreme difficulty.

Definitely Vanquish, those challenges suck! Metal Gear Solid 4 is you are going for Big Boss Emblem. X-Com:Enemy Unknown on impossible is pretty tough.

I'm surprised Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were mentioned. They were hard but not impossible. Very gratifying plats to get tho :)

• Like 1

DMC 3- The PS2 version was insanely hard.(Little Fact: The North American Normal Mode was the Japanese Hard Mode) but I believed they eased up on the frustration in the HD collection

Silent Hill 2-Although the game was down right fun and not too difficult,obtaining the green hyper spray was (and still is) an absolute nightmare.

X-Men 2:Clone Wars (Sega Genesis)-Call me crazy but I remember this one being a bit troublesome.

Spiderman and X-men:Arcade's Revenge-Just Insanity from that one....

I'm sure there were many others that almost made me toss my tv out the window, but these were the first ones that came into mind.

Edited by chaosphere187