Most Difficult Games You Have Ever Played

sonicace101

PS1

• Dino Crisis, That damned Rex....I hated that thing some much, I went overboard on EVERY BATTLE WE HAD!!
  • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, I think we all understand why it could be difficult but mainly because I played it when I was half asleep

PS3

• Star Wars: Force Unleashed, I swear my controller worked against me but that game got hard in the DLCs at points
  • Medal Of Honor: Warfighter, Oh Hardcore difficulty and the enemies that believe they are Invincible (we all know they aren't)

On just plain old normal difficulty?  The thing about single player video games is that they're hard until they're not anymore.  Any game can become simple.  Some games that were very hard at first but no longer are would be Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden NES, Mega Man 10.  Other games that are still very hard for me are Bayonetta and any kind of shmup.  And I'm talking about the default normal difficulty.  I'm a beat-em-up noob, and Bayonetta is kicking my ass on the normal difficulty.

• 4 weeks later...

Sega MegaDrive

• The Lion King (I managed to beat it though.. I still remember those giraffes whenever I come to a hard part in games today..)
  • Ecco the Dolphin

Sega MegaCD

• Revenge of Shinobi
  • Night Trap (well this was more of less in being confused in what to do, but it's one of those rare games you can get game over in for just trying to watch the beginning cutscene)

PSX

• None that I can remind of..

PS2

• SNK VS Capcom SVC Chaos (I'm quite decent at fighters and especially the ones that SNK make but this was hard, I don't think I even did a hard difficulty play-through of the arcade in this one..)
  • Guitar Hero (and so on.. I'm no good at it past the Beginner/Easy difficulty)

PS3

• Demon's Souls (I just don't have patience to learn it really.. so I do find it to be very hard and frustrating).
  • Catherine (Hard difficulty)

Xbox 360

• Ninja Gaiden II
  • Dark Souls (same reason as Demon's)
  • Ninja Blade
  • Vanquish (Hard difficulty.. and I don't play shooters often and they are perhaps my weakest area of gaming.. I did get past the first chapter in this in Hard so for that, I'm glad)
Edited by TakahashiDemon

• 1 year later...

The hardest games I've ever played are dated back between Super NES and PS2. So, that too far back to remember the whole list, but one of the most difficult I'd have to say was Super Mario World for Super NES. I could never beat that game when I was a wee lad.

• 7 years later...