How hard is this compared to 0?

Haato_Ming_Xi

I've yet to play it but every single Yakuza is a long platinum and requires 100%. 0 was actually a bit easier to 100% compared to 3, 4 and maybe 5 so I'd say Kiwami might be about the same or harder. I wouldn't say they are hard, just really long. Expect a good 100-150 hours.

16 minutes ago, Mayadome said:

I've yet to play it but every single Yakuza is a long platinum and requires 100%. 0 was actually a bit easier to 100% compared to 3, 4 and maybe 5 so I'd say Kiwami might be about the same or harder. I wouldn't say they are hard, just really long. Expect a good 100-150 hours.

I really want to plat 0. Ah just the mini games man, I suck ass at Disco

• Like 2

The estimated time to platinum on Playstation Trophies is about 100 hours, with a bunch of mini games and stuff. The difficulty was on the upper end, like a 7-9/10, so it's not an easy one to get. My brother who's played it said the mini games were really in addition to 100%, but it was easier than 0 and the others apparently. Yakuza games are generally tough plats that require time and dedication being very Japanese games, which are usually super long and hard.  

• Like 2

I'd say Kiwami is one of the shortest Yakuza game platinums, not counting the Japanese release of Yakuza 1 and 2 HD, or 6. It's also one of the easiest ones due to how easy most of the requirements are for a lot of the completion points. The hardest part about the game is going to be Mahjong if you aren't lucky and probably Climax Battles depending on how well you are with the games mechanics.

The longest thing about the game is grinding money for 90 weapons and 70 pieces of accessories and the mini-games.

Edited by Meepy-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cielle said:

Mahjong was a bitch for the full straight. Then it just gives it to you when youre not going for it. 

My final playtime was like 100+ hours but I get sidetracked on karaoke a lot. Mesuking > Catfights

Maaaan I am so glad they got rid of the whole cheering thing whenever you and the opponent tie up in rock paper scissors. It was painfully obvious in Yakuza 0 that some ties were unwinnable no matter how many times you spammed the circle button. ?

But yeah so far I'm having a much easier time with minigames in Kiwami since you can get cheat items for almost every activity. 

I would say that the first yakuza Platin is the hardest to achieve. After that the other yakuza games will only take time and you have to be patient by some minigames. I would say that Yakuza Kiwami is easier as the rest because you only have to achieve CP with some requirements to the minigames. In Yakuza 3 and 5 you have to beat every difficulty in every gamemode in every minigame :D so this is more tortuous. Only Mahjong is difficult in Zero and Kiwami. I learn to Play Mahjong because of the Platin and after you have a clue what you are doing it´s quite enoyable :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deadaim100 said:

Maaaan I am so glad they got rid of the whole cheering thing whenever you and the opponent tie up in rock paper scissors. It was painfully obvious in Yakuza 0 that some ties were unwinnable no matter how many times you spammed the circle button. 1f612.png

But yeah so far I'm having a much easier time with minigames in Kiwami since you can get cheat items for almost every activity. 

Screw that mechanic in Zero, I didn't like it at all. you really just had to rely on Jennifer and hope you got lucky. I wore luck items if that even did anything but I got the 10 tournament wins in the end. 

39 minutes ago, Inuty said:

I would say that the first yakuza Platin is the hardest to achieve. After that the other yakuza games will only take time and you have to be patient by some minigames. I would say that Yakuza Kiwami is easier as the rest because you only have to achieve CP with some requirements to the minigames. In Yakuza 3 and 5 you have to beat every difficulty in every gamemode in every minigame :D so this is more tortuous. Only Mahjong is difficult in Zero and Kiwami. I learn to Play Mahjong because of the Platin and after you have a clue what you are doing it´s quite enoyable :) 

Yeah I learned how to play Mahjong somewhat too, it's really not that hard and when you call Riichi and get a good hand, it's pretty good. Kiwami 2 will probably have the same CP like this or maybe a bit different.

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread...

It's basically more of the same that you experienced in Yakuza 0. I can't say how the platinum actually is since I've only played Kiwami 1 for a short while. This was actually the first Yakuza game I've played since I tried it out when this was a PS Plus free game.

Mahjong requirements are the exact same as in Zero. Full Straight you have to be lucky on, and that was the last CP I needed for the Perfectionist trophy in Zero.

I heard the car chase in Kiwami 1 is worse than that in Zero on Legend difficulty, so I'll have to see what that is about.

If you have the platinum in Zero then you are perfectly capable of achieving the platinum in Kiwami 1.

• 1 month later...

Overall its easier BECAUSE of Hakura's EX Quest glitch. Otherwise I would rank it way harder. Getting 950 on otometal is insanely difficult.

• Climax battle are way easier on K1 than on Zero, honestly I first tried most of them. Mele were the harder ones
  • Minigames are easier + you have cheat items. No disco on K1.
  • Legend mode is easier because you can start it from in NG+1, meaning you keep all your abilities, money, golden pistol + amulet from climax battle
  • Car chase is more difficult but its quite the same mechanics.
  • Collecting weapons is different but here. You don't have much money and can't make trillions like on zero with farming moneyman. I had to AFK farm money by letting my ps4 run all night otherwise I would had to farm a very long time to get enough money for weapons and gear. It's not hard but time consuming.
  • Mahjong isnt hard and you don't need to get ranks of ranked mahjong for the weapons and gear. I skipped that farming and still got 100 weapons and 70 gears.

If you got zero platinum, you can expect the same journey, and for this one you have the knowledge of zero that will make it even easier. Good luck !

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

For background, I have platinumed Yakuza 0, with over 200 hours, and am about to platinum Kiwami, around 110 hours, I have 2 trophies left to go. I played both on hard mode on my first playthroughs.

I think that both are equally hard until either becomes your second Yakuza game, then it should be a lot easier. You would know what to expect and such. I was going to say Kiwami is easier but that wouldn't be really fair would it? I will say that it's shorter than 0 and the enemies are not as tough imo but that's where I might be thinking that's because I just spammed heat attacks a lot this time around lol. Where as in the first game I wasn't used to heat attacks and just straight up fought, sometimes running around to hit enemies from the back, or just go straight Beast mode and plow through the mfers.

I will add this: there are some retro games you have to play in 0 that might just give 0 the edge, they are not in Kiwami. There's not a lot and it depends if you love retro games or not. You don't have to beat the games, just get a minimum score. They're not particularly difficult but me not being a retro gamer, my first real console was an N64, had a difficult time at the beginning playing them. Until I got the hand of it. So yeah that could put a slight edge on 0, and two side quests that take a long time to complete but I thought they were both fun and not difficult at all. You'll know what I'm talking about.

Then there are the car chases, each game has one. Those are probably the most difficult levels in each game and the most hated levels. I thought 0 was harder, but again that's because with Kiwami I already knew what to expect. I have yet to do Kiwami's on legendary mode though so ... yeah not looking forward to that one. If its like 0 it won't be too bad as it was similar to Hard mode.

Then there's Haruka's Requests that are done in Premium Adventure, after finishing story mode. Pretty easy until the last few, but with a glitch in the system you can avoid the final few requests, and is highly advisable if you suck at QTE like I do. One of the requests is getting at least a 950 out of 1000 on Haruka's song Ottometal My Life at karaoke. Doable but a pain. I ended with 930, which makes me believe I can achieve 950 but I'm glad to avoid the hour or two extra of getting there.

Speaking of Karaoke, they are doable. Just stick with it, be patient to learn the songs rather than try to get hit the right button at the right time. Do the lively interjections, they are much easier to get 900 on. Only because on simple you have to be perfect to get 900, which I did in 0 for one song and it was a pain.

So yeah it depends on which is your first game overall, that would be the harder one, and then which you play second would be the easier one.

Edited by Wildcat0728
  • Like 1

Kiwami isn't that bad. It's much shorter due to it not having real estate royale or cabaret, which both took a decent amount of time to finish in 0, not to mention the main story itself is shorter. Most of haruka's requests are pretty easy aside from a few, and legend is honestly really easy compared to 0 since you can do Legend+ and carry over your 100% save, meaning you'll have lots of things unlocked and good gear, though I also didn't find 0 on legend very hard so your results may vary. The only issue with legend is the car chase, especially since it'll send you back to your last save, meaning you'll have to repeat a boss fight that's just before it a couple times. The thing I struggled with the most was acquiring all the different weapons and gear items. I believe you have to acquire 100 unique weapons and 70 unique gear items, which took me lots of grinding in the coliseum and some pretty good luck where I managed to get 99 weapons and then unlocked the golden pistol for 30 CP. Some mini games will be a pain such as mahjong, though there's at least cheat items in this game that can make it a lot easier to get some of those list items checked. Overall I found it much easier, plus, in 0, the cat fight mini game literally obliterated my finger at times because I had to mash an insane amount, though sometimes I still lost. Luckily mesuKing is much better in that regard, even though a decent amount is still up to luck. I also don't think you're required to play any of the arcade games for the list, which is also nice cuz they were a bit of a bitch in 0. Of the 3 I have platinumed, this one was the easiest and shortest. Had it's frustrating moments but was a pretty fun time for the most part.

Kiwami is my first and only Yakuza platinum.  I thought it was quite hard tbh.  Most of it is fine but there are some very high difficulty spikes that have already been mentioned (car chase, karaoke section etc).  I enjoyed the game loads though, and will be playing more of the series in the future.  Highly recommend giving it a go.

• 2 months later...

If Kiwami is a 6 or 7 out of 10 for difficulty I would say 0 is a 5 and that's with 0 being my first experience of a Yakuza game

I found the climax battles to be harder, the car chase was way more frustrating (I beat the one in 0 first try whereas I was stuck for an hour on the Kiwami one) and getting 950 on Otometal was probably the hardest thing I did minigame related in either game (although if I'd known about the exploit and been able to skip having to do that I would probably say one of the arcade games from 0 was the hardest)

0 took me 150 hours to plat whereas Kiwami took me 80 but that's just because of how much more stuff you have to do in 0 

• 2 months later...

Feels easier to me. The singing is still a pain in these games with the inconsistent speed that it expects you to press the buttons in time to, but I would say it's overall easier? Plus I seen in another thread that the singing is a bit easier if you set your TV at a certain resolution, I've never bothered to test this out to find out if it's true though as either way, I don't really care about getting the platinum in these games, but if it came down to it later on once I'm done with the rest, I would probably look into that.

Also the leveling system is so much better in this. By the time I was done with my first playthrough, I had 9999 EXP left over that just couldn't be used so it's super easy and fast to max out everything in this game. The Majima Everywhere side game doesn't take anywhere near the length that the real estate management or cabaret club did in 0. And all Majima Everywhere (and Komaki) locks is the dragon style abilities, unlike 0 where you were actually locked from progressing your other styles as well via those side games.

• 4 weeks later...

Super easy compared to zero. The climax battles are way easier, the 100% too and harakura request can be skiped. The car chase is hard but super manageable. I did my first run and hard and passed it in my first attempt and when i did it in legend mode I also passed on my first run lol. The car chase on zero was harder for me

The game is much shorter than zero with less content, making it much more feasible to obtain the platinium, the only really annoying things are Haruka requests and the infamous mahjong really, if you platted zero then this one should be obtainable as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I pity whoever tries to rely on a thread like this to decide whether to play a game or not, when opinions range from very hard to "super easy".

It's the metacritic system of rating games ?. Either something is a 10 or a 0. Absolutely no in-between! 

As for my opinion, they're both pretty much the same. I'd maybe say Kiwami is a tad bit more challenging than 0 but by a miniscule amount. They both share the same list and play similarly given how 0 was used as a template for the Yakuza remake. 

Having said that, even if you had trouble with 0 but was still able to overcome it, Kiwami 1 is still doable.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Either something is a 10 or a 0. Absolutely no in-between! 

You're obviously exaggerating for comedic effect (successfully), but you're not far from the truth ?

I'm generally thankful for people sharing their opinions, namely because sometimes I'm just not in a mood for a challenging game.

Still, I always end up having to do the extra work of judging which opinions are senseful and which are unuseful.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nowhere near as difficult. If you were able to do everything in 0 then everything should come more natural in Kiwami. Climax battles were much easier with touch of the tiger. Only thing I found more difficult this time around was honestly karaoke. Also the CP 100 Weapons and 70 Gear items.

Edited by Hedgito