Knack 2 was free on New Zealand, Australia & Russia PSN stores.

Wavergray

8 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Well damn then this may very well be taken away as well. I guess we will have to wait and see

How long do you think it will take to plat then? I have work and school so I don't have a whole lot of time is why I ask

Takes 15-20 hours. You can get the platinum over the weekend :) 

Edited by EternalChaos72

I managed to get it this morning. Stil haven't even finished the first game. I had to try though since I never got my 15 bucks back from that promotion earlier on in the year & feel entitled to something. I don't have enough space on my HDD but the game is chilling in the library. Not that long ago I also managed to get Arcade Archives: Contra for free due to a similar error.

6 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

Almost finished downloading it, wonder if they'll let us keep it. If not, I wonder if disconnecting our ps4s from the internet will let us keep it. 

Regardless I now have an Aus account with the name PassMeShrimpMate because I'm a filthy racist so it was worth it. 

Just play it offline and disconnect your internet from PS4 until you get the platinum. This way there is no way for them to take the license from you. 

Same happened with Fallout 4 on Xbox, the game was removed from all users who "bought" it just hours after they discovered that they fucked up. But everyone who got it for free and had it removed got a 10bucks discount code. Will be interesting to see how Sony handles this.Here a link to how MS handled the situation: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-was-accidentally-free-on-xbox-one-today-/1100-6440639/

11 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I'm always scared about downloading free games that obviously shouldn't be free. Don't wanna get banned for their own mistake. I'm a goody little two shoes and would feel bad about having a game that's just got released for free anyway.

You cant get banned for their mistakes. The worst they can do is to take it away and apologize that they fucked up.

Edited by Quink666

You can't get banned for it anyway. They'd have to prove intent, prove that you maliciously went about stealing the game.

Really you could just say you happened to stumble upon the game and thought it was free. 

You can't be banned for downloading a game you had no reason to assume wasn't free on purpose. :P 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Same happened with Fallout 4 on Xbox, the game was removed from all users who "bought" it just hours after they discovered that they fucked up. But everyone who got it for free and had it removed got a 10bucks discount code. Will be interesting to see how Sony handles this.Here a link to how MS handled the situation: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-was-accidentally-free-on-xbox-one-today-/1100-6440639/

Fallout 4 ps4 season pass that accidentally went free was removed. Sony just apologizes was all.

13 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Fallout 4 ps4 season pass that accidentally went free was removed. Sony just apologizes was all.

I guess the same will happen this time also. But to anyone that got the game and have it downloaded, disconnect your PS4 from internet until you played your fill of the game.

14 hours ago, Xeliot said:

Sony can easily get sued if they ever decide to remove the game from people who "allegedly" bought it.

I do feel bad for the development team, though.

They know who got it for 'free' though. So they could just strip out all the orders from those people - or even cancel all order and refund the amount you paid to your wallet with an email telling you to re-buy it (obv those who got it for free won't get a refund and will have to pay to get it) - nobody would be 'sued' - Sony are well within their rights to fix the billing issue

14 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Well damn then this may very well be taken away as well. I guess we will have to wait and see

How long do you think it will take to plat then? I have work and school so I don't have a whole lot of time is why I ask

I also got it 'free' - stayed up all night playing it in case it was removed but it's still there atm. Took me 12 hours to get the hard mode completion done - got quite a few things to go back and find to unlock, time trials, battle arenas, medals etc... if you follow a guide for the collectibles then you may get it all done in about 15-20 - but if you play blind first then it will take longer.

I didn't use any guides and I also skipped every cutscene and it still came to 12 hours

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mosik_YP said:

Has anyone actually managed to keep the game? I wouldn't be surprised if they remove/block accounts which only have Knack 2 listed under "purchases"

They wont block any accounts - all they will do is possibly remove the licence off the account, that's all. They have let it slip a few times, like when Yakuza 5 went free by accident so they let people keep it and made it the following months free PS+ game - however when Fallout 4 SP went free, that had it's licence removed and an email sent to us all saying it was a pricing error (which is what will probably happen to this on the next update for the EUR store which will be either tomorrow or Tuesday)

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

They wont block any accounts - all they will do is possibly remove the licence off the account, that's all. They have let it slip a few times, like when Yakuza 5 went free by accident so they let people keep it and made it the following months free PS+ game - however when Fallout 4 SP went free, that had it's licence removed and an email sent to us all saying it was a pricing error (which is what will probably happen to this on the next update for the EUR store which will be either tomorrow or Tuesday)

I remember something similar happened to some ubisoft titles a few years back, however it turned out that the games were 1 hour trials, it was strange because it was listed on the ps store under full games and not the trial/demo section