Knack 2 was free on New Zealand, Australia & Russia PSN stores.

Wavergray

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

At least Knack is an actual game and offers some actual content.

Why would you want My Name is Mayo over it?

On a serious note it was a tongue in cheek moment :P. But one Name is Mayo is enough 

28 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Yeah this doesn't make sense? This is actually a decent game I'm having fun with it and extremely glad I got it for free.

It's a joke. Hence the smiley (:lol:) on my comment. 

3 minutes ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

I'm at chapter 8 right now. And to be honest i really love it. I don't understand the hate towards Knack.

BTW i'm playing offline, just to be safe. I will plat if offline. Don't want to take any risk

Same here my luck as soon as I get back online it will be taken away from us. But I agree I was completely surprised by how good it is after all the shit I have heard about knack. It's a really gorgeous game.

57 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

This is the third time i ask for a source and nobody post a goddamn thing. Are you guys trolling or what?

It's all speculation. Sony isn't a very transparent company and they don't follow a clear prescient when stuff like this happens. 

They aren't going to make a big announcement on this and they certainly are not going to announce they are revoking licenses days before they do. In America they have legal right to revoke a pricing error, but other countries are different. (Although it's probably in the terms and services they can)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

This is the third time i ask for a source and nobody post a goddamn thing. Are you guys trolling or what?

Not once did I say it's a for sure thing just a possibility. How about you search for this information yourself if you're so worried about it?

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Do you need to play the first Knack before this, or are they really quite separate games?

I haven't got around to finishing it. But the half hour or so I've spent in it doesn't require any prior info. I've done at least ten full playthroughs of Knack 1 and it made Knack 2 no better, there's the same returning main characters, but there's a brief intro at the start that gives a basic run down. You're all good to jump into number 2.

How's everyone doing? I still have my disc copy unwrapped. I hear things of people not being able to redownload the game. Mine's still downloaded and still working online and off, but I want to own the thing, if I can't redownload it, I'll delete it right now and open up my disc copy. But if this is looking like a permanent thing we can all keep, well, I might have to make the journey to EB and return my copy.

8 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Do you need to play the first Knack before this, or are they really quite separate games?

The only real things are a few references here and there that you'd get if you played the first one. But this game works perfectly as a stand alone title. A few characters will reference knowing each other, but that would exist even if there was no first game so it doesn't make a difference. And there's some easter eggs like a Knack Medal for a little something that happened in the first game, but it affects nothing for a new player.

It was free on Spain too, which is where I got it. It's a great game actually, one of the best platformers on PS4.

Being free is not that bad for the developers... sure it hurt some sales but it generated so much widespread on forums and it was even trending topic. Many people who would never purchase it can now play it and maybe it can help to wash its image. Heck, I would never play it before and now I would definitely support Knack 3.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

17 hours ago, turniplord said:

Not quite sure then as quite a few people on Twitter and reddit were saying that when they go to download it, it is saying the content can't be found - so the download wont start (like what happens with PT). I even tried to download it on my old PS4 at my parents house and I got the same message - maybe it depends on which store you grabbed it off when it appeared?

It's possible it depends on the store. I got mine from New Zealand but my main account is a NZ account and I bought my ps4 in NZ. Maybe they have somehow blocked people who made new accounts just to get this game from one of the country's where it was free. Either way if they were going to revoke the licence they surely would of done it by now.

9 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Not once did I say it's a for sure thing just a possibility. How about you search for this information yourself if you're so worried about it?

If i ask for a source it's because i can't find anything by myself, don't you think? Sheesh...

Edited by Lance_87

• 7 months later...

Oh yes. I figured. When I woke up this morning during the release day of Knack 2, I noticed that game was free and fuck me that was ripe for the picking. Glad I saw it on ps store before sony took it down and fix it. Before I saw this post of course.

• 2 years later...