Game Breaking Bugs

ImplyingYouCare

There are 3 bugs that we know of that will stop you from continuing the game. Restarting the chapter, replaying old chapters, or exiting out of the game won't work. The only way to fix these bugs is to delete your save and start over completely.

2-4: A cutscene doesn't properly trigger when you walk through a stone archway. When you go through it, there's an area with a group of robots that stand completely still and won't attack you. Even if you kill them the rest won't come to life and it won't let you move on. 

4-3: A mechanism that activates the lift is already on when you get to it, but the lift doesn't work. There is no way to restart the mechanism.

5-3: At the very start of this section when you try to enter the museum through the roof the cutscene doesn't trigger and you don't go into the museum. You can still walk around on the roof, but all sound effects are gone. 

6-3: A cutscene will play where enemies come out from two doors, but when they spawn they get stuck behind a wall. 

8-1: Knack doesn't get the boomerang he's supposed to, making the rest of the game impossible because you need it to trigger switches.

Video Examples-

Edited by ImplyingYouCare
Added new bugs

6 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

This is unfortunate to hear :( a friend and i were gonna play through this, do we know how likely this is to happen? 

I'm not sure how likely it is. I saw threads about the glitch on two other forums after I searched it, so I don't think its super uncommon if multiple people are getting it on release day. All I know is that one person had the game on disc, the others had it digitally downloaded. My download was incomplete and only at 20 GB when I got this glitch but I have no idea if that's related to it. 

Shit. I played up to chapter 2.3 before heading out a few hours ago. Hopefully I don't run into this.

You say you got it for free, you're playing digital then. I got the free copy too, but I also have my disc copy, if I run into this problem later tonight, I'll fire up the disc version and see if it's on there too.

The download finished this morning so I deleted my old save and replayed up until the bug happens. It worked this time and I got through it, but I'm not sure if it's related to the game not being fully downloaded. It looks like the trigger for it is a cutscene not playing properly when you get to the hill, so nothing loads in properly and you clip through an archway. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 8:54 PM, danceswithsloths said:

This is unfortunate to hear :( a friend and i were gonna play through this, do we know how likely this is to happen? 

I just finished the plat and had none of these issues.

The only issue I had was the final boss transition from the cutscene to gameplay crashed my game and corrupted my save. However, when I booted the game up it gave me an option to use a backed up save which was at exactly where I left off so I'm not sure wtf that was about. Never saw something like that before. But this was after almost the entire day of playing the game, so that might have been why it crashed on me. Didn't have a problem after.

On 9/6/2017 at 5:39 AM, ImplyingYouCare said:

here are 3 bugs that we know of that will stop you from continuing the game. Restarting the chapter, replaying old chapters, or exiting out of the game won't work. The only way to fix these bugs is to delete your save and start over completely.

There are many games I would like to purchase DAY 1 but this is the reason I don't preorder any more. I wait a month or two until everything gets ironed out. For example MAFIA 3 and MAD MAX. Game had game breaking bugs and lucky I cancelled my preorder and waited a few months and got the plats without any bugs.

Sorry to hear about your bugs and hope it gets sorted ASAP

I finished the plat early this morning, the only issues I had were on replays of a couple of levels (whichever the first two with Ice Knack are, I think 3-3 and 3-4). I'd enter a cutscene as one of the Crystal Knacks, and instead of playing it would just cut to an (unskippable) black screen for the length of the cutscene. When gameplay resumed, I'd be back to regular Knack with a wonky camera angle and I'd be unable to turn back into any of the Crystal Knacks or Ice Knack (which meant the levels weren't completable on subsequent plays). I think the issue was from using a Crystal Knack in those levels since the glitches occurred every time except the first, but I didn't go back and try to replay as regular Knack so I might be mistaken about the cause. 

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

I think the issue was from using a Crystal Knack in those levels since the glitches occurred every time except the first, but I didn't go back and try to replay as regular Knack so I might be mistaken about the cause. 

I don't think it's using a crystal version that's causing it, because that's the exact same thing that happens with the other bugged cutscenes. The screen just goes black and nothing loads in properly. I got two of the progress bugs and both were with regular Knack. 

i got a gamebreaking bug on 8-1. the cutscene where you get the boomerang didn't show up and the screen was black. after that the sound and some enemies glitched out in the next area. in the next part are switches behind lasers where you should use the boomerang. i was able to activate the first switch with the hookshot, but after that there is another switch and nothing works. any idea how to get this section without the boomerang?

I make a small Video. The Text is in German but i hope you get the point. I have to start a new game :( 

Edited by r4tb0-

• 1 month later...

I’m having a strange issue on one of the chests in Chapter 6-4. It’s the chest you have to find by going through the vent/grate area below the floor while the goblins look for you from above. Watching a few videos online shows that the guards will all look away as you approach, sometimes after waiting a few seconds when they’re done looking. My issue is with the last guard. He ALWAYS finds me. He never looks away. I can’t get past him to get the chest. 

Anyone have this same issue and/or a possible solution?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I hit two game break bugs - chapter 4-3 and 8-1. I turned off automatic upload and started backing up manually after each chapter since encountering 4-3. 

It’s very disappointing that a first party game hasn’t been patched, and worst it won’t allow multiple saves. 

• 2 months later...

I have the disc version of knack 2. Already encountered a progression blocking bug in level 2-4. Game was updated to 1.01. Anyone know if the base 1.0 version is more stable? It seems there is alot of different failure points for this game. Does 1.0 help or is it just RNG if you get them or not?