Tips and Tricks

James_Tonto

9 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

I genuinely only struggle with one small part of this entire game. I've learned a few tricks on my own, from repeatedly trying to beat the speedrun trophy, so I'm here to share some of these tips and hopefully maybe learn some new ones. From you awesome people.

Boss 01 - The Chain

• Shooting at him, as he charges his purple shield, will make it vanish quicker
  • Don't let him get in too many hits, or he'll stun you and does this annoying animation, where he can take two blocks of health
  • You can dodge through his final wave of energy projectiles on the final phase to slash at him, a little more quickly

Boss 02 - The Strap

• You can use the glowing squares on the ground, and certain pillars to bait The Strap, and control the fight more easily
  • As far as I know, there are 8 of these bating spots. 4 around the circular hole in the centre of the arena. two on the pillars at the top and bottom, and two on two pillars, on the left and right, behind the walls.
  • You can parry and knock down the strap pretty easily, in the melee portions of this fight. Do this and charge an attack, while she's done, to do massive damage

Boss 03 - The Line

• Don't just shoot the panels on phase 1. Charge shot them to create less projectiles, that will hurt you. 
  • Charge shot the pillars in the final phase. 3 charged shots takes the pillars down quickly and spawns fewer blue energy projectiles
  • Before you parry the Line and make time freeze. You can fire a charged shot, to try and reduce the number of frozen energy spheres. You can also collect green health spheres, when time is frozen.

Boss 04 - The Scale

This guy used to give me the most trouble. Particularly his final phase. 

• During the final phase, fire a charged shot at the green glowing sphere on the right. The one that draws the circle around the arena. 
  • Then position yourself in the middle. facing the Scale directly. Keep shooting the energy spheres he generates, and dodge the energy waves on the ground as well. He'll create another three of those green spheres. Parry or take a hit from the sphere he'll shoot in the middle. This will make dodging the final part WAY easier. Just be sure you're in the middle or closer to him, when he fires that attack, since the green line it generates, won't vanish and will hinder you, if you miss it.
  • You can try and stop one of the horizontal spheres, that come from the left and right size, but this is optional. You should have a larger rectangular area to dodge the final energy waves, he creates. Without worrying about dodging into the green lines he creates.

Boss 05 - The Hand

• This guy is pretty easy.
  • Shoot at him, when he can't use his shield, he's usually preparing to launch the thick energy waves at you. Which are pretty easy to dodge.
  • Parry his attacks, he does a three hit combo two hits and a delayed third one
  • When in the final phase, shoot at him, and if you have a hard time dodging the energy beam attack. Fire a charged shot, which will make him run back into the middle where you can shoot and parry him to recover health.

Boss 06 - The Song

• Mainly just keep shooting her. Don't try to melee her in the first two phases. 
  • When you're on the final phase, charge shot the 4 columns she summons, 3 charged shots will make them crumble, just like The Line's pillars
  • After destroying the pillars, boost/dodge towards the centre and land a hit on her. She'll get off one last attack, before you reach her though. The attack can vary, usually for me, she launched the orange energy spheres. Which I dodged through and slashed her. But sometimes it'll be the blue energy beam. Which is harder to dodge, due to the blue energy waves, rotating on the ground.

Boss 07 - The Burst

I hate this boss. Well I really only hate her final phase.

• If you hit the parry/block button. It'll point you in her direction, Useful for finding her in phase 1-3
  • She idles after firing the red and blue energy spheres. Giving you time to shoot and close in for melee or fire a charged shot at her.
  • Final Phase, I've heard it's best to stay close to the bottom of the map and only leave there, to get behind cover, when she locks on, with her sniper rifle.
  • I 'think' you can parry the orange spheres on the orange energy waves and use invincibility frames to get through those waves. But I haven't tested this yet. Just a tip I recall seeing online.

Boss 08 - The Edge

• If you're lucky and fast, you can charge and attack at the start of phase 1 and knock him down, the first time. This is tricky to do though, and I find parrying and attacking him safer
  • You can hit him, in-between parrying his melee attacks in the third phase. So Parry, hit, parry, hit, parry, hit and so on.

Boss 09 - The Beat

A very easy boss. Basically you chase her down and attack.

• Time your boosting/dodging, during the chase section so you can dodge through the blue energy beams. 
  • You can parry the orange spheres, during the chase segments too
  • When in the circular arena sections. Strafe/move around and shoot at her. Parrying the purple sphere attacks. Since they're homing and are a little trickier to dodge

Boss 10 - The Star

• The charged energy attack does way more damage than normal shots
  • Phase 3 there's a safe spot on the left, close to the attack drone
  • Phase 4, you can shoot both hands with the charged beam, by moving to the top left corner. It's not a safe spot though, so be prepared to dodge the cyan/blue energy waves, from the sides.

Thank you for the time and effort it took to write this. I have this in backlog but wanted to play soon. Now I have no excuse to hold back?

5 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Thank you for the time and effort it took to write this. I have this in backlog but wanted to play soon. Now I have no excuse to hold back1f601.png

You're welcome. I should mention that this is just on Furi difficulty. I'm not sure if all these tricks will work on Furier.

• Like 1

So I tested out if you can parry the orange spheres to dodge through the orange waves on the ground, in Boss 7, The Burst's final phase. And it turns out you can. You won't be able to do, 2 in a row though, since when you parry, the sphere flies back and destroys the sphere directly behind it. So just be cautious, when trying this trick, as I still missed the spheres, coming from the sides. I'm going to practice this phase and see if I can use this technique to make it through that final phase.

This game was a surprise to me, I got it a year ago when it was free, dropped it, just started playing last week, only got 5 trophies left to platinum ?

Here's my tip:

1. When you are in "Duel Phase" Tap your right analog and you will charge boost attack, if you hit with this attack it will deal massive damage, especially with a perfectly timed parry. 

2 hours ago, Mur-cie-lago said:

This game was a surprise to me, I got it a year ago when it was free, dropped it, just started playing last week, only got 5 trophies left to platinum 1f600.png

Here's my tip:

1. When you are in "Duel Phase" Tap your right analog and you will charge boost attack, if you hit with this attack it will deal massive damage, especially with a perfectly timed parry. 

I'm two trophies away from the platinum. Just doing my Furier playthrough. One important tip is to disable the auto-update of the save file in online storage. Now when going for the S-Rank on a playthrough, you can keep a copy of your save online. And if you take more hits or get knocked out too often, you can download a save and be back to where you were. It does mean that you'll have to manually update the online save though. So do that after walking to the next boss.

Something I discovered, while on Furier, if you get knocked down, the invincibility lasts longer. Meaning you can potentially avoid a few annoying attacks, by just staying still a few extra seconds, rather than automatically getting back, on your feet. This likely works on regular Furi difficulty, so that should be worth remembering. 

I was doing furier today and the hand doesnt stop his sword attack in the last phase when you do a charged shot. Could be a furier thing or the game being inconsistent like usual  

Edit: actually you can still charged shot him to cancel his attack it just needs to be done really fast

Edited by danceflick