New DLC? New trophies

gazdavis11

I noticed last night my 100% for this had reduced to 83% on the trophy list on the console so looking into it I notice there are new trophies for what I presume is either upcoming DLC or recently released DLC.  I cannot see anything on the ps store for additional DLC other than the additional cars etc.  Any ideas?

Edited by gazdavis11

17 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

I noticed last night my 100% for this had reduced to 83% on the trophy list on the console so looking into it I notice there are new trophies for what I presume is either upcoming DLC or recently released DLC.  I cannot see anything on the ps store for additional DLC other than the additional cars etc.  Any ideas?

Here is some info. Doesn't say anything about trophies though. I think they just add to the original game. http://voofoo.games/massive-update-now-available-mantis-burn-racing/

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

This dlc is shitty. I hate that I need to get all the damn gears, too. Otherwise I'd be done in a couple minutes. 

The guns are so lame and the mines are OP. It's not uncommon to get stuck in a cycle of hitting a mine with another vehicle, respawning on a second mine, and then respawning on a third mine, and then respawning on a fourth, and then restarting the race cuz you're 20 seconds behind. 

In fact, most times, getting blown up basically means you can't win the race. People bitch about rubber banding, but in this case, you're screwed without it. 

17 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

This dlc is shitty. I hate that I need to get all the damn gears, too. Otherwise I'd be done in a couple minutes. 

The guns are so lame and the mines are OP. It's not uncommon to get stuck in a cycle of hitting a mine with another vehicle, respawning on a second mine, and then respawning on a third mine, and then respawning on a fourth, and then restarting the race cuz you're 20 seconds behind. 

In fact, most times, getting blown up basically means you can't win the race. People bitch about rubber banding, but in this case, you're screwed without it. 

It's definitely tougher than the base game plat, that's for sure.

I'm about a third of the way through with all gears. Probably 2 hours. I'm estimating 5-10 hours for the DLC, thinking about 6/10 for difficulty.

The best tip I can give is that you don't need all gears in a single race. In particular, getting multiple kills and winning is hard - so split them up. Focus on the win, then go back and re-race to get the kills, ignore your placement.

For the multi-race events, where you have to win all races, you can restart the current race if you know you aren't going to win, and that doesn't restart the entire event.

Edited by diskdocx

19 hours ago, diskdocx said:

It's definitely tougher than the base game plat, that's for sure.

I'm about a third of the way through with all gears. Probably 2 hours. I'm estimating 5-10 hours for the DLC, thinking about 6/10 for difficulty.

The best tip I can give is that you don't need all gears in a single race. In particular, getting multiple kills and winning is hard - so split them up. Focus on the win, then go back and re-race to get the kills, ignore your placement.

For the multi-race events, where you have to win all races, you can restart the current race if you know you aren't going to win, and that doesn't restart the entire event.

Yeah, it's not the races or requirements that are difficult, it's the absolute unbalanced weakness of the vehicles. If you're in the middle of the pack, you're almost certain to get blown up as soon as guns activate. And you can't catch back up. It's almost impossible to overcome even a 3 second lead. 

I'm playing my first king of the hill event. It's fuckin horrible. To get the crown means to be in the middle. I can get it, but then lose it quickly. The other drivers, once they break away with the crown, are impossible to catch since all the others cars are busy planting mines on top of one another and shooting each other. None of them even try for the crown. 

The whole weapons system if just flawed and terrible. I REALLY wish there weren't any trophies for this crap. 

9 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Yeah, it's not the races or requirements that are difficult, it's the absolute unbalanced weakness of the vehicles. If you're in the middle of the pack, you're almost certain to get blown up as soon as guns activate. And you can't catch back up. It's almost impossible to overcome even a 3 second lead. 

I'm playing my first king of the hill event. It's fuckin horrible. To get the crown means to be in the middle. I can get it, but then lose it quickly. The other drivers, once they break away with the crown, are impossible to catch since all the others cars are busy planting mines on top of one another and shooting each other. None of them even try for the crown. 

The whole weapons system if just flawed and terrible. I REALLY wish there weren't any trophies for this crap. 

Got all the trophies now for the DLC except for the all gears one (which should be the gold, but I digress). I have every race complete with 6/6 gears except for the final one, which I can't access as I don't have 680 total gears across the game.

I've gone back to replay some of the earlier championships, and am now up to 650 gears, so not too much longer. I had hoped to wrap it up today and be second to complete it, but looks like a no go for now.

It's not bad once you get the hang of the events. I did find that gear objectives only seem to save if you finish 1 2 or 3, so there is no easy way to cheese some of the tougher ones. This means a lot of events are, at a minimum, 2-3 attempts (realistically some took much, much more). I would keep my 6/10 difficulty estimate, but bump the time to closer to the 10 hour mark.

If you are just starting out with the game and don't have the plat, the DLC events are a great place to farm XP. If you just blasted through the platinum, and in particular if you didn't focus on gears, you may have a lot of work to do going back to replay base game events to get the 680 needed for the final DLC event (sorry....)

As for the King of the Hill, they seemed quite tough at first, but after doing them all, I would say they ended up being one of the easier and more enjoyable events. The trick is to NOT rush to get out front. Typically the starting king is middle of the pack by the time the weapons activate, so hanging back at the start is a better strategy. Let the pack wreck each other, then take out whoever is king. It helps that 2-3 of the AI will actually be out front of the King, so they are no threat.

If you do lose track of the king vehicle, stop driving and idle - there is no benefit to be gained by completing laps, so just wait for the king to come around and wreck it. By that point, the pack is often spread out and you can get a good number of points.

These events are also the best to do Attila the Hun as races often go quite a number of laps.

Edited by diskdocx

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Got all the trophies now for the DLC except for the all gears one (which should be the gold, but I digress). I have every race complete with 6/6 gears except for the final one, which I can't access as I don't have 680 total gears across the game.

These are the times Im actually quite happy I have no perfect profile. Needing to go back to the original races to be able to acces the DLC races is just craaaaaaaaaazy. I did not care for this game, was actually quite happy to be done with it, so my gear count should be tied to the bare miniimum needed to get the plat. Now I have to grind old races aswell...pff no thank you.

5-10 hours is like Table top racing DLC all over again. Passed on that final trophy in that one aswell haha. Might just do the same for this.

So I reached 680 gears finally last night, and went on to complete the final event. It is quite hard, you have to win all races of the 5 race event for one of the gears, and win it in a light vehicle. I couldn't stack those. One of the races is on the horrible Salvage track - it is so tight, and in a light vehicle any wall contact will spin you out.

In the end I won the overall event in a light vehicle, then replayed it using a medium weight vehicle, and managed (after numerous restarts) to win each of the individual races. Probably took 2 hours to complete that event alone, and my in game timer is now at 17 hours - a full 10 hours more than it was when I got the plat. I would estimate that would mark closer to the 15 hour time range for this DLC.

Best part - despite doing all that, and finally getting every gear in the Battle Season, I did NOT earn the trophy. So it has either glitched, or has some other requirement (sure as hell better not be all gears throughout the game....)

I will tweet VooFoo about this. I did keep a save from just prior to the last event so I can retry it (yay...2 more hours....) but honestly I inclined to just give up. I'm certainly not wiping my entire game progress and starting over from scratch.

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

Holy shit, after all that the trophy didn't even pop!? 

Glad I gave up and stopped caring. 

Someone already has it, though, so maybe contact them and see if they have all gears from entire game or not. 

I kid you not ?

I tweeted them. No response yet. I do have a save from before the final event (cause that voice inside me was just saying after all those hours, this is gonna glitch).

I will retry the last event. I might even have a USB save from before I started the DLC, but I'm not sure I could replay the entire thing....

I'm certainly not wiping the game and starting over from scratch for one trophy. Never getting a 100% profile anyway, so...

6 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I kid you not 1f621.png

I tweeted them. No response yet. I do have a save from before the final event (cause that voice inside me was just saying after all those hours, this is gonna glitch).

I will retry the last event. I might even have a USB save from before I started the DLC, but I'm not sure I could replay the entire thing....

I'm certainly not wiping the game and starting over from scratch for one trophy. Never getting a 100% profile anyway, so...

I feel for you bro, hope you get it to pop after all the hard work. Superb job on that back up save!! Since the ps4 I have been basically doing that for every game aswell haha. More because of corruption issues, but still always better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by Barriebar17

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...