My new Youtube channel (Cronocyde)

cronocyde

I subscribed, I think everyone deserves a chance to be a youtuber and share what he/she loves to do, and if they are good enought of course they deserve to get paid and even live from that, I would like it honestly but i can't ?... Back to the topic,thankfully imo you have a good voice and pronunciation, this may sound stupid or something but I have heard many poeple and youtube (even from gaming channels) whose voices annoyed me, Idk how to say it, it's just i watch the video and sometimes think "what the hell is he/she saying?" or "why is he/she speaking like that?".

I'll be looking forward to your channels video list, keep up with the good work ?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I subscribed, I think everyone deserves a chance to be a youtuber and share what he/she loves to do, and if they are good enought of course they deserve to get paid and even live from that, I would like it honestly but i can't 1f611.png... Back to the topic,thankfully imo you have a good voice and pronunciation, this may sound stupid or something but I have heard many poeple and youtube (even from gaming channels) whose voices annoyed me, Idk how to say it, it's just i watch the video and sometimes think "what the hell is he/she saying?" or "why is he/she speaking like that?".

I'll be looking forward to your channels video list, keep up with the good work 1f44d.png

Hi my friend,

I really appreciate your feedback.

I did test my voice and my mic a lot (around 3-4 hours) to have the perfect gameplay/voice match. I appreciate the fact that you enjoy my voice and pronunciation, it was my biggest fear when I started my Youtube channel as English is not my first language.

Anyway, if you have other advices or feedbacks, I would love to hear them.

Again, thank you for commenting, it means a lot.

Cheers!

Great start for a noob :P. Joking. I watched your first video and it was great. I might sub soon :). On some other videos you'd find that the (is it called the cam?) is on the top right or left corner on the screen, but I watch UpUpDownDown videos and they put theirs on the bottom like your, so no problem to that. Still looking great. Your voice and the commentary support makes the video even better. I like commentary on most videos. Keep it up! ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Great start for a noob :P. Joking. I watched your first video and it was great. I might sub soon :). On some other videos you'd find that the (is it called the cam?) is on the top right or left corner on the screen, but I watch UpUpDownDown videos and they put theirs on the bottom like your, so no problem to that. Still looking great. Your voice and the commentary support makes the video even better. I like commentary on most videos. Keep it up! 1f4af.png

Thanks a lot dude! I appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, I thought about the face cam to be at the top right or left, but I prefer it to be at the bottom left, I don't know why. Anyway, for Outlast, there's no HUD anywhere, so no problem there.

I also appreciate the feedback about the voice and the commentary, thank you very much! Only subscribe if you like the content though, no obligations there. The thread was to have feedback and that's exactly what I'm getting, so that's awesome!

I will record part 3 and 4 tonight ;-)

I will keep that thread to post updates about the channel.

Thanks a lot!

cronocyde

Edited by Cyanpower
typos
  • Like 1

Me again!

New video up, this time it's Super Meat Boy:

I tried a different approach. Let me know what you think. Also, my face cam is a little bigger, is it better or not?

Again, thank you all for your feedback. BTW, Outlast Part 3 and part 4 is coming next week!

cronocyde

Hi there @Cyanpower,

I've got some feedback for you as well :). Please don't take some of the criticism (Not that there's much criticism anyway :P) personally, I'm here trying to help you out and help you improve on certain things.

From a Designer perspective:
Well, first of all good job that you put some time into your thumbnails. I've seen a lot of people that just don't bother with them. It's quite a big mistake, since it's mostly of the thumbnails that people decide to click on your video. (Ever wondered why a thumbnail with big boobs gives you 1+ million views? Right.. :P) However, I think your thumbnails can still use some more improvement. Overall the text should be bigger. Also the font is very basic. Maybe you can try out different fonts and see what looks nice. Furthermore you don't have to use the in-game footage as your thumbnail. There are a lot of awesome wallpapers you can use that look a lot more appealing and interesting. And by that I mean.. with a better quality and such, like this one for example. Hopefully what I've described above should help you out with your thumbnails. If you're still unsure about it, feel free to check out the thumbnails on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FloriissHD. Try comparing my thumbnails with yours and I think you'll see what I mean.

Alright on to the next one. Your Youtube banner. I can see you've put a lot of time into this one and overall it's not too bad honestly! However, some of the smaller text is hard to read. It's important that everything is readable. So if you want to improve that, you could either: 1) Make the text bigger, 2) Use a drop-shadow on the font OR 3)Blur the background more, although in this case that will probably not give you the desired result. All things aside though, I think for now your banner is good. But if you ever feel like improving it, you now know what to do ;).

From a Viewers perspective:
Not bad at all. You seem like a calm person and you speak loud and clear, which is good! I've seen some people talk like really fast, as if they are anxious or something, but you seem really relaxed which is definitely a good sign. Ehm as for the video itself; I'd recommend to maybe skip things where nothing happens at all. I see a lot of populair Youtubers do this. So the content is more interesting in general. UNLESS you're doing something like a full walkthrough or something (probably?), if that's the case then you can scrap what I've said, because walkthroughs contains everything usually :P. Oh and maybe leave some of the long ass background story out of it. I've seen you pick up a Letter and start reading it all the way through. I mean, I get you're interesting in the story and such, but if we have to see you read a full Letter which takes up approx 1-2 minutes of our time then we're like mehhh. So my advice is to keep the content more interesting in general. ;)

Well that was a huge post lmao. Hopefully this can help you out getting better at Youtube. I wish you all the best and looking forward to see more content flowing! :wave:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Hi there @Cyanpower,

I've got some feedback for you as well :). Please don't take some of the criticism (Not that there's much criticism anyway :P) personally, I'm here trying to help you out and help you improve on certain things.

From a Designer perspective:
Well, first of all good job that you put some time into your thumbnails. I've seen a lot of people that just don't bother with them. It's quite a big mistake, since it's mostly of the thumbnails that people decide to click on your video. (Ever wondered why a thumbnail with big boobs gives you 1+ million views? Right.. :P) However, I think your thumbnails can still use some more improvement. Overall the text should be bigger. Also the font is very basic. Maybe you can try out different fonts and see what looks nice. Furthermore you don't have to use the in-game footage as your thumbnail. There are a lot of awesome wallpapers you can use that look a lot more appealing and interesting. And by that I mean.. with a better quality and such, like this one for example. Hopefully what I've described above should help you out with your thumbnails. If you're still unsure about it, feel free to check out the thumbnails on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FloriissHD. Try comparing my thumbnails with yours and I think you'll see what I mean.

Alright on to the next one. Your Youtube banner. I can see you've put a lot of time into this one and overall it's not too bad honestly! However, some of the smaller text is hard to read. It's important that everything is readable. So if you want to improve that, you could either: 1) Make the text bigger, 2) Use a drop-shadow on the font OR 3)Blur the background more, although in this case that will probably not give you the desired result. All things aside though, I think for now your banner is good. But if you ever feel like improving it, you now know what to do ;).

From a Viewers perspective:
Not bad at all. You seem like a calm person and you speak loud and clear, which is good! I've seen some people talk like really fast, as if they are anxious or something, but you seem really relaxed which is definitely a good sign. Ehm as for the video itself; I'd recommend to maybe skip things where nothing happens at all. I see a lot of populair Youtubers do this. So the content is more interesting in general. UNLESS you're doing something like a full walkthrough or something (probably?), if that's the case then you can scrap what I've said, because walkthroughs contains everything usually :P. Oh and maybe leave some of the long ass background story out of it. I've seen you pick up a Letter and start reading it all the way through. I mean, I get you're interesting in the story and such, but if we have to see you read a full Letter which takes up approx 1-2 minutes of our time then we're like mehhh. So my advice is to keep the content more interesting in general. ;)

Well that was a huge post lmao. Hopefully this can help you out getting better at Youtube. I wish you all the best and looking forward to see more content flowing! :wave:

First of all, thank you very much for the feedbacks, it really means a lot to me.

Also, thanks for the subscription! I noticed that earlier and recognized your name! :-)

For the thumbnails, I agree with you. For the next one, I will leave my face out of it and try to do some work on them. I changed the font for the super meat boy one though, I thought it looks way better. In general, the face of the youtuber is more for a community type of youtuber, which I try to be. The thumbnails would look way better with a green background though. Thanks for the suggestion!

My banner is really the best I can do right now. I have a limited skillset with Photoshop and this is pretty much the best I can do. Maybe I could try to find someone who is better than me though :-) I agree that the font is hard to read on mobile or tablet, it looks nice though on desktop in my opinion.

My first part of Outlast was really a test. I did no editing at all. If you can look at the second part, you can see I put a lot more editing into it. What do you think of part 2 comparing to part 1?

Again, I really appreciate the time you put into giving me feedback and analyzing my videos. I really, really appreciate it, I mean it.

Much love,

cronocyde

5 minutes ago, Cyanpower said:

First of all, thank you very much for the feedbacks, it really means a lot to me.

Also, thanks for the subscription! I noticed that earlier and recognized your name! :-)

For the thumbnails, I agree with you. For the next one, I will leave my face out of it and try to do some work on them. I changed the font for the super meat boy one though, I thought it looks way better. In general, the face of the youtuber is more for a community type of youtuber, which I try to be. The thumbnails would look way better with a green background though. Thanks for the suggestion!

My banner is really the best I can do right now. I have a limited skillset with Photoshop and this is pretty much the best I can do. Maybe I could try to find someone who is better than me though :-) I agree that the font is hard to read on mobile or tablet, it looks nice though on desktop in my opinion.

My first part of Outlast was really a test. I did no editing at all. If you can look at the second part, you can see I put a lot more editing into it. What do you think of part 2 comparing to part 1?

Again, I really appreciate the time you put into giving me feedback and analyzing my videos. I really, really appreciate it, I mean it.

Much love,

cronocyde

No worries. As for Photoshop you'll develop skill over time so just keep at it and improvements will be made ^_^.

Ehm, honestly I haven't watched everything. Don't have too much time on my hands (no offence). Just went quickly through them, although I can see the cutting and editing in your second video yes. For example when you died and you skipped loading screen and such, so yep that's a lot better than the first one. Like I said before; just keep at it and you'll improve! 

• Like 1

Just now, Floriiss said:

No worries. As for Photoshop you'll develop skill over time so just keep at it and improvements will be made ^_^.

Ehm, honestly I haven't watched everything. Don't have too much time on my hands (no offence). Just went quickly through them, although I can see the cutting and editing in your second video yes. For example when you died and you skipped loading screen and such, so yep that's a lot better than the first one. Like I said before; just keep at it and you'll improve! 

Thanks again my friend, much appreciated!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cyanpower said:

Part 3 is up if anyone is interested:

@Floriiss Followed your advice above. Face cam is a little bit bigger. Thumbnails is slicker. Let me know what you think of the beginning too.

Enjoy everybody!

cronocyde

A lot better than previous time dude. I like how you build the tension right from the start, I've seen many Youtubers do this. So you know something interesting is gonna happen in the video. Some kind of sneak peak. Makes you want to stay and watch the rest. Also the cam is the right size now. So yeah. Keep it up!

• Like 1

@FloriissHi buddy! Again, thanks a lot for the feedback, it means a lot! Yeah, I put more time in the editing of this one, I think it shows. Again, thanks a lot!

@RazzaHi man! Thank you too for the feedback. This is some genuine reactions, I'm telling you. This game really scared the living sh!t out of me ;-) I won't lose the accent anytime soon, don't worry about it haha :-)

Sorry for the late responses, got caught up with work ;-)

Part 3 of The Walking Dead Michonne is up guys! This is the finale! Come watch the epic final episode, this one worth it! 

If you have any feedback on how I could stream or interact better, let me know. Any feedbacks is always appreciated.

Thank you for watching, it really means a lot to me.

cronocyde

Hey everybody!

Episode #03 of Super Meat Boy is up on youtube! I spent about twice the editing time I usually spent, so let's hope that you enjoy it. It's shorter, tighter and better in my opinion.

Let me know what you're thinking about this new format.

As usual, thank you for your support!

cronocyde

57 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

If you make full game trophy guides with "commentary" I would definitely sub. Just a suggestion. Lots of youtubers with video guides but no commentary. I followed @Stay-Pationt who had excellent guides but he's done with youtube. 

Hi buddy, thank you for your suggestion!

I thought about doing some kind of guides or walk through and I might do it for Super Meat Boy. I will have to A+ all the levels for the Dark World anyway, so I might drop my face cam for that and do commentary only. Just a quick guide how to A+ all the levels. What do you think?

Let me know and thank you again for the comment, it really means a lot to me! :-)

cronocyde