My new Youtube channel (Cronocyde)

cronocyde

On 9/21/2017 at 8:14 PM, Cyanpower said:

Hi buddy, thank you for your suggestion!

I thought about doing some kind of guides or walk through and I might do it for Super Meat Boy. I will have to A+ all the levels for the Dark World anyway, so I might drop my face cam for that and do commentary only. Just a quick guide how to A+ all the levels. What do you think?

Let me know and thank you again for the comment, it really means a lot to me! :-)

cronocyde

Hi mate. Ok so I'll try and explain what I meant by trophy guides. This is my personal preference and I think maybe there are alot like me that think the same. I'm not into the game "walkthroughs" and "lets plays". What I was looking for is a channel that does FULL platinum trophy VIDEO guides that are less then 3 hours or so. Examples below

Dying:Reborn

Burly Men at Sea

Oxenfree

Don't know twice

The Assembly

Kona

Town of Light

Late Shift

Blackwood Crossing

The Innerworld

Demetrios

Undertale

Black the Fall

The Book of Regrets

All games from Artifex Mundi are also short

There are some guides for these games but there is no commentary and they speedrun through the videos in the shortest time possible which means you have to pause every few seconds.

Those channels don't grow over time for obvious reasons. Personally I really don't give a shit if there voice doesn't sound like a hollywood star but as long as i can understand what they saying is fine. Like I said before @Stay-Pationt grew his channel to 14k in no time due to him making the effort of adding in commentary and not speedrunning through the guide. Yes sometimes as trophy hunters need our hands held while trying to go for a plat;)

They are a lot of gamers that don't want to watch gameplays but just need full plat playthroughs. 

Trust me I do want to sub to your channel but only if it has these things I mention above. I personally know a few gamers who are looking for such channels.

Hope you grown in strength as putting the effort you have been putting in your channel is no easy task. All the best my friend and looking forward to your thoughts on what I've suggested. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

Hi mate. Ok so I'll try and explain what I meant by trophy guides. This is my personal preference and I think maybe there are alot like me that think the same. I'm not into the game "walkthroughs" and "lets plays". What I was looking for is a channel that does FULL platinum trophy VIDEO guides that are less then 3 hours or so. Examples below

Dying:Reborn

Burly Men at Sea

Oxenfree

Don't know twice

The Assembly

Kona

Town of Light

Late Shift

Blackwood Crossing

The Innerworld

Demetrios

Undertale

Black the Fall

The Book of Regrets

All games from Artifex Mundi are also short

There are some guides for these games but there is no commentary and they speedrun through the videos in the shortest time possible which means you have to pause every few seconds.

Those channels don't grow over time for obvious reasons. Personally I really don't give a shit if there voice doesn't sound like a hollywood star but as long as i can understand what they saying is fine. Like I said before @Stay-Pationt grew his channel to 14k in no time due to him making the effort of adding in commentary and not speedrunning through the guide. Yes sometimes as trophy hunters need our hands held while trying to go for a plat;)

They are a lot of gamers that don't want to watch gameplays but just need full plat playthroughs. 

Trust me I do want to sub to your channel but only if it has these things I mention above. I personally know a few gamers who are looking for such channels.

Hope you grown in strength as putting the effort you have been putting in your channel is no easy task. All the best my friend and looking forward to your thoughts on what I've suggested. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond :-)

Now I understand what you mean. You want a single video (or multiple parts?)  to achieve the platinum in short games. I got you.

The problem with that is that I have around 2 hours per week to record videos. After that, the editing takes place. If I would want to do your suggestion, that means that I would put a video per week or two weeks. I think that's not enough to grow a channel.

I thought about it before too, but I just don't have the time to do it unfortunately. Maybe if my channel grows and can take a day off per week at my job, I will take that into consideration. As of now, this is unrealistic to play through a game once, perfect the game, record and editing it with full commentary.

I really appreciate the feedback though and I will take it into consideration for the future :-)

Thanks again!

cronocyde

5 minutes ago, Cyanpower said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond :-)

Now I understand what you mean. You want a single video (or multiple parts?)  to achieve the platinum in short games. I got you.

The problem with that is that I have around 2 hours per week to record videos. After that, the editing takes place. If I would want to do your suggestion, that means that I would put a video per week or two weeks. I think that's not enough to grow a channel.

I thought about it before too, but I just don't have the time to do it unfortunately. Maybe if my channel grows and can take a day off per week at my job, I will take that into consideration. As of now, this is unrealistic to play through a game once, perfect the game, record and editing it with full commentary.

I really appreciate the feedback though and I will take it into consideration for the future :-)

Thanks again!

cronocyde

Thanks man. Now I understand your dilemma. It's all about time constraints. No problem. But because you interact and response so quickly I will give your channel a sub anyways. Will watch the gameplays in the background while at work so you get a view ;).   

EDIT: I'm your 90th Sub :P

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

Thanks man. Now I understand your dilemma. It's all about time constraints. No problem. But because you interact and response so quickly I will give your channel a sub anyways. Will watch the gameplays in the background while at work so you get a view ;).   

EDIT: I'm your 90th Sub :P

I appreciate that my friend?

Hope you enjoy the content and the commentary anyway.

Like I said, I take your feedback seriously and might do it in a certain point in time.

Thank you again ?

• Like 1

just watched the first few minutes of the op linked vid...hate to say it but so boring...you basically just read everything on screen saying "ok" every few seconds of gameplay between sips of beer...stopped watching when you started jumping at the computer...zzzz...

have to ask, what's the point of your channel?...personally, i'd rather play the game myself than watch you (potentially drunkenly) noob your way through it...also not a fan of the accent, would recommend just doing your vids in French...

sorry, others may love what your doing but you posted publicly asking for feedback at a time that I just happen to be browsing this site so can't help but post an honest reaction...i didn't like it...you'd have to make a lot of improvements to merit a sub from me...

knowledgeable, charismatic, skillful, unique, concise, funny, catchy, emotional, shocking...none of these describe what I just saw...maybe that was your point though so I may have missed the good part...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

just watched the first few minutes of the op linked vid...hate to say it but so boring...you basically just read everything on screen saying "ok" every few seconds of gameplay between sips of beer...stopped watching when you started jumping at the computer...zzzz...

have to ask, what's the point of your channel?...personally, i'd rather play the game myself than watch you (potentially drunkenly) noob your way through it...also not a fan of the accent, would recommend just doing your vids in French...

sorry, others may love what your doing but you posted publicly asking for feedback at a time that I just happen to be browsing this site so can't help but post an honest reaction...i didn't like it...you'd have to make a lot of improvements to merit a sub from me...

knowledgeable, charismatic, skillful, unique, concise, funny, catchy, emotional, shocking...none of these describe what I just saw...maybe that was your point though so I may have missed the good part...

Thank you for the feedback man!

I understand that it's not for everyone. My first video was ŕough I must admit. Did you watch some of my most recents one? I think I did improve myself a lot both on editing and camera wise.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot again, I appreciate both negative and positive feedback.

made it through a few minutes of a Lego (one was unavailable) and SMB vid just now...i think your channel is just not for me...got bored after a few minutes of each...i have a very busy life and I would much rather play a game than watch you play it...

who is your channel aimed at?...gamers?...non-gamers?...and what is the goal/purpose of your vids?...is it like "watch me play a few parts of a random selection of games?"...

edit: it occurred to me just now that a lot of people stream themselves playing games...I find this very boring...it's like watching someone eat or commute to work...zzzz...

also, a quick question...do you smoke weed?...in the like 10 total  minutes of watching you play I saw you take like 10-15 sips of a drink?...do you have a condition or are you being sponsored by drink companies or is it possible to make it like 15 minutes without drinking something?...i found it distracting...small gripes...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

made it through a few minutes of a Lego (one was unavailable) and SMB vid just now...i think your channel is just not for me...got bored after a few minutes of each...i have a very busy life and I would much rather play a game than watch you play it...

who is your channel aimed at?...gamers?...non-gamers?...and what is the goal/purpose of your vids?...is it like "watch me play a few parts of a random selection of games?"...

It's a let's play and gameplay channel mainly. It's made for anyone that likes those types of channels.

I guess it's not for you then, but I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers!

A fresh new episode of Lego The Hobbit has dropped on my Youtube channel! We're battling ogres in Chapter 4!

Spent a little bit more time on the thumbnails, so let me know what you think. I think it's better to have my face on there so that people recognize me more. I may be wrong though.

As always, thank you for your support guys! :-)

Chapter 6 of Lego The Hobbit is up on my Youtube channel!

In this episode, we're battling and climbing the epics stone giants just like in the movie! 

Pretty epic episode if you ask me!

As always, let me know what you think and how I could improve the channel :-)

It's Halloween! I thought the last episode of Outlast would suit best for this scary day, so here's the ending my friends! :-)

Let me know in the comments section what you would like to see next on the channel.

Thank you for coming along for the ride and thank you for your support! I really enjoy making this series and learning alongside you guys :-)