My new Youtube channel (Cronocyde)

cronocyde

7 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

I think I'm getting my ass whupped by a mountain lion in the geothermal valley, probably your next stream.  Be good to see how you take care of this beast!

Will do my friend! This game is so nice to live stream too, have a lot of time to interact with the viewer and the game is not punishing at all. Really digging it so far!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

Great vids!  Love your channel!

Really appreciate your support my friend, thanks a lot! ?

48 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Should follow along on the next stream. I like what I see so far.

I was trying to ignore my kids pestering me for a switch but now I may need to buy one for myself after watching your Project Octopath Traveler vid!  :jaymon:

Appreciate it dude, thanks for the feedback! ?

How cool does this game look, right? It's hitting all the right notes for me: old school RPG, beautiful art style/sprites, voice acting and awesome story! Cannot wait for the official release.

1 minute ago, Cyanpower said:

In terms of art direction, I understand what you mean. There's was a lot more details in Braid though, really awesome game! Loved the time travel feature in that game.

Got it on my wishlist, but doubt if it will ever go on sale.  I should just buy the darn thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

Got it on my wishlist, but doubt if it will ever go on sale.  I should just buy the darn thing.

I think I got it free or paid only like 2-3$ for it. Quite a steal if you ask me!

Edited by Cyanpower
  • Like 2

This is the second to last episode of Lego The Hobbit! We're trying to find the secret door to Smaug's lair! :-)

We're near the ending my friends! This episode is a nice setup for the ending of the second movie and also the end of the game! Only one episode left! :-)

As always, thank you for your support, it really means a lot to me! :-)

Cool stuff. I haven't checked out your videos yet, but it's good to see new blood on the Youtube platform. I'll try to watch a little tonight.

I don't have a Twitter account, but I wanted to put my vote in for Super Mario Maker. Not only do I think it is the most entertaining to watch, but it's one of the best choice of games right now if you want to grow your channel. The levels are the perfect length for making Youtube videos (whether you do 2-3 levels per episode, or edit out the bad parts to fit more in), and the randomness of the stages keeps your videos unique and fresh from the thousands of other gaming channels out there.

I also see you're subscribed to some of the biggest SMM gamers out there, so pay attention to what they do. Good luck, and I'll try to provide feedback along the way!

5 hours ago, PermaFox said:

I'm voting for RoTTR.  Keep those streams coming!

You won my friend! The poll is finished and RoTTR won! ?

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Cool stuff. I haven't checked out your videos yet, but it's good to see new blood on the Youtube platform. I'll try to watch a little tonight.

I don't have a Twitter account, but I wanted to put my vote in for Super Mario Maker. Not only do I think it is the most entertaining to watch, but it's one of the best choice of games right now if you want to grow your channel. The levels are the perfect length for making Youtube videos (whether you do 2-3 levels per episode, or edit out the bad parts to fit more in), and the randomness of the stages keeps your videos unique and fresh from the thousands of other gaming channels out there.

I also see you're subscribed to some of the biggest SMM gamers out there, so pay attention to what they do. Good luck, and I'll try to provide feedback along the way!

I'm a HUGE SMM fan actually! I follow Ryukahr and Grand Poo Bear since the very beginning! ?

I will be recording some SMM tomorrow and also some Mario Kart 8, so stay tuned for that. I would love to get your feedback on what you think of them since you seems to know the game really well. I will put the links here, so you can subscribe to the topic if you want! ?

Thank you for your feedback dude, it's really appreciated! I love to interact with people that have similar interests! ?

• Like 2

You asked for it, you got it! The first episode of Mario Kart 8 dropped on the channel! Enjoy! :-)

This game is soooooo goood! I think this is the best Mario Kart I ever played! But the online can be brutal sometimes... ;-)

I need some feedback on this one guys, especially about the length and content. What did you think of the episode?

Hope you enjoyed it my friends and as always, thank you for your support!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 4:01 PM, Cyanpower said:

I'm a HUGE SMM fan actually! I follow Ryukahr and Grand Poo Bear since the very beginning! 1f600.png

I will be recording some SMM tomorrow and also some Mario Kart 8, so stay tuned for that. I would love to get your feedback on what you think of them since you seems to know the game really well. I will put the links here, so you can subscribe to the topic if you want! 1f642.png

I'm not very familiar with Grand Poo Bear, but my sister watches Ryukahr a lot. I know they're both extremely skilled SMM players. I'm not sure how you compare, but people like Dashie are proof that you don't need to be great at a game to become really popular. I think all of them have developed an online personality, though, so that might be something for you to consider. I haven't watched any of your videos yet, but I'm going to check out the Mario Kart 8 video right now and post my comments below.

I can see the Ryu inspiration immediately. The video and audio quality is good, I like the green screen, and the teaser at the beginning is a nice touch. I know Dashie (and Ryu sometimes, but usually only in SMM) will often edit out parts of the video if nothing is happening or if he continuously messes something up. I think I prefer your method, of showing the entire race. Just watch the placement of your face. I know Ryu struggles with that as well. (I see you moved yourself after the first race, which is good and...okay, you're literally explaining that you realized you had to move yourself in the video while I type this. That was fourth wall breaking.)

OK, looks good to me. I don't see anything wrong with the length or the content. I'll check out some more videos in a bit, but the best advice I can offer you -- speaking as someone who is not a content creator, but has watched many over the years -- is to create a schedule and stick to it. You may already do that, but you should include that somewhere on your channel and remind your viewers in each video of what they can expect. For example, you might plan to play Mario Kart every Monday, SMM every Wednesday, and Tomb Raider every Friday. You'll have to decide for yourself how often you can make videos and upload them, but I think you need some kind of regularity to keep people coming back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm not very familiar with Grand Poo Bear, but my sister watches Ryukahr a lot. I know they're both extremely skilled SMM players. I'm not sure how you compare, but people like Dashie are proof that you don't need to be great at a game to become really popular. I think all of them have developed an online personality, though, so that might be something for you to consider. I haven't watched any of your videos yet, but I'm going to check out the Mario Kart 8 video right now and post my comments below.

I can see the Ryu inspiration immediately. The video and audio quality is good, I like the green screen, and the teaser at the beginning is a nice touch. I know Dashie (and Ryu sometimes, but usually only in SMM) will often edit out parts of the video if nothing is happening or if he continuously messes something up. I think I prefer your method, of showing the entire race. Just watch the placement of your face. I know Ryu struggles with that as well. (I see you moved yourself after the first race, which is good and...okay, you're literally explaining that you realized you had to move yourself in the video while I type this. That was fourth wall breaking.)

OK, looks good to me. I don't see anything wrong with the length or the content. I'll check out some more videos in a bit, but the best advice I can offer you -- speaking as someone who is not a content creator, but has watched many over the years -- is to create a schedule and stick to it. You may already do that, but you should include that somewhere on your channel and remind your viewers in each video of what they can expect. For example, you might plan to play Mario Kart every Monday, SMM every Wednesday, and Tomb Raider every Friday. You'll have to decide for yourself how often you can make videos and upload them, but I think you need some kind of regularity to keep people coming back.

Dude, that's some awesome advises right there! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your input.

I'm quite happy that you can see Ryu inspiration right away as he's the reason why I started my Youtube channel in the first place. The dude is so chill, skilled and overall super happy, this is what I like when I watch him. I do watch Dashie because I think he's an hilarious personality, but I agree that sometimes we watch different types of gameplay for different reasons.

I'm trying my best right now to be recognized as a skilled player with Super Meat Boy, Crash Bandicoot and other hard games. I have recorded a SMM episodes on Sunday for a kinda hard levels, all I need right now is to edit it, so will probably drop it tomorrow or Wednesday. Currently debating on starting Celeste too.

Of all the text above, what I think is the most useful is the schedule. I do have a schedule where I drop 4 videos a week, except on Thursday (recording time), Saturday and Sunday. The problem with that, and you're right about that, is that I always drop different games on different days. I'm trying my best to bring a lot of variety on the channel, but as a viewer I understand that you may not like to see Lego games randomly or Unravel videos. I will have to think about it more deeply, thanks to you.

I do appreciate your input and take that seriously into consideration (as you can see ?)

Thanks a lot again dude!

• Like 1

We're playing a Dashie level in the first episode of Super Mario Maker! Don't miss it, this one is good! :-)

Any Super Mario Maker fans out there? If so, I really need your feedback on this one. Did you like the editing, the length, the commentary, etc...?

This one is really important for me as I'm a huge fan and follower of the Super Mario Maker scene. Any suggestions? You know how to reach me my friends!

As always, thank you for your support! :-)

• Like 1

We're tackling the hardest and longest level in all the Crash Bandicoot series: Stormy Ascent. Don't miss this! :-)

Some of the platforming and jumps in this level are ridiculous. The timing has to be absolutely perfect on some of them. Will do the Time Trial soon too, so wish me luck my friends! :-)

As always, thank you for your support and love, it means a lot!

• Like 1

@Cyanpower You KILLED that Crash level. It took me like two hours to get all the boxes and eight hours to get the gold relic time. That part at the end with the triple birds is notoriously difficult, and you got it on your first try. That part is such a killer when you don't have any checkpoints...

I liked the SMM video too. You look very comfortable and I see you've gotten about 50 new subscribers just this week. Keep it up!

20 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

@Cyanpower You KILLED that Crash level. It took me like two hours to get all the boxes and eight hours to get the gold relic time. That part at the end with the triple birds is notoriously difficult, and you got it on your first try. That part is such a killer when you don't have any checkpoints...

I liked the SMM video too. You look very comfortable and I see you've gotten about 50 new subscribers just this week. Keep it up!

Thanks a lot buddy for your kind words, means a lot! ?

The channel really started to grow faster since I uploaded the first SMM video and Mario Kart, it's awesome. Really happy about the end result too, spent a lot of time in the editing and I think it shows.

The Stormy Ascent level wasn't too bad, but I spent way too much time in that bonus room man! ?

Here's my latest video, as I cannot post 2 times in a row it seems:

This is the end of Lego The Hobbit my friend! And the ending is as epic as you might think! :-)

Loved this Lego game! As a huge LOTR and The Hobbit trilogies fan, I think this game capture the essence of the movies. The gameplay was fun and quite different actually. Might be in my top 3 Lego games for sure! :-)

Let me know what you would like to see next on the channel and as always, thank you for your support! :-)

Edited by Cyanpower