Soul's Trophy Hunting Tournament/League Thing. - It's over.

Okay since we are at 15 participants I will use the super secret rule to start the countdown to the start of the tournament.

Super Secret Rule :

• If there is a odd number of participants, the admin will join the tournament to even it out.

So the tournament will start at 12am gmt on 9/21.

People can still sign up for the tournament until 1 of 2 things happen.

1. 24 participants (not including the admin) have joined. 
  2. 12am UTC on 9/21 has passed.
Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 3

I have earned maybe 20 trophies in the last week, not sure if I am stock piling or sucked so far into FFXiV that trophies have lost all meaning ?. Either way @MrUnknown625 seems ready with his Cars 3 ? and Hellblade (actually it's pretty good definitely double stack worthy ). I guess we shall see. Is this like a match play versuses thing and if so i will get my skipper hat ready to pilot the VN waters against some of these jokers .........

On 9/14/2017 at 7:20 PM, soultaker655 said:

Okay since we are at 15 participants I will use the super desperate rule to start the countdown to the start of the tournament.

Super Desperate Rule :

• If there is a odd number of participants, the admin will join the tournament to even it out. (Side effects may include acting awkward when someone else joins afterwards, meaning the tournament would've happened anyway)

Why didn't you just join from the beginning instead of making a big thing out of being the 16th participant? Were you not going to and then got worried that no one else would join?

45 minutes ago, jem said:

Why didn't you just join from the beginning instead of making a big thing out of being the 16th participant? Were you not going to and then got worried that no one else would join?

No I have no interest in joining the event, but at the same time there was no reason to make 15 people wait. 
Also I have to ask why do you care? Didn't you make this big post in THTL about how you don't care about trophies competitions anymore?

It really seems like you have a problem with me and how I like to run things. Is it because I wanted to split up Shonen Jump PP? 

Well whatever it is, just get over it and move on.

9 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Can I sign up please. I have a load of artifex mundi games in my backlog that would be perfect for this.

Yeah sure.  

• Like 4

That 15 person rule soultaker made was awesome, I don't see why you are complaining about it. Basically it allowed for the comp to start earlier. Since the 16th person didn't want in until toady, everyone would have had to wait almost another week to start. And we could have been waiting even longer potentially.

Quick question.....at what time do we know which opponent we are facing at each round? I assume you are ging to announce it the second the round starts but maybe there was plan for some knowing ahead of time. And is it random or by order of signups or something else?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

No I have no interest in joining the event, but at the same time there was no reason to make 15 people wait. 
Also I have to ask why do you care? Didn't you make this big post in THTL about how you don't care about trophies competitions anymore?

It really seems like you have a problem with me and how I like to run things. Is it because I wanted to split up Shonen Jump PP? 

Well whatever it is, just get over it and move on.

Yeah sure.  

I am taking a break. Of course I still care about trophy competitions, and I respect those who go out of their way to make creative, grand-scale events and manage to keep their idea running all the way through. It grinds my gears to see someone rip off a league, change a rule or two, slap on some prizes, and claim it as an original event. Calling you out based on anything but trophy leagues would be irrational. Between this and the Lightning League, I objectively view you as a mediocre creator, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. I hope that you prove me and everyone else wrong.

38 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

That 15 person rule soultaker made was awesome, I don't see why you are complaining about it. Basically it allowed for the comp to start earlier. Since the 16th person didn't want in until toady, everyone would have had to wait almost another week to start. And we could have been waiting even longer potentially.

It wouldn't be a big deal if soul didn't make such a big deal over it. If you're going to join your own event, join your own event. Don't make a spectacle of yourself over it. What other "super secret rules" are there?

1 hour ago, MrUnknown625 said:

Quick question.....at what time do we know which opponent we are facing at each round? I assume you are ging to announce it the second the round starts but maybe there was plan for some knowing ahead of time. And is it random or by order of signups or something else?

It's completely random, but when I do post them it will be all matchups for the whole tournament. 

35 minutes ago, jem said:

I am taking a break. Of course I still care about trophy competitions, and I respect those who go out of their way to make creative, grand-scale events and manage to keep their idea running all the way through. It grinds my gears to see someone rip off a league, change a rule or two, slap on some prizes, and claim it as an original event. Calling you out based on anything but trophy leagues would be irrational. Between this and the Lightning League, I objectively view you as a mediocre creator, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. I hope that you prove me and everyone else wrong.

It wouldn't be a big deal if soul didn't make such a big deal over it. If you're going to join your own event, join your own event. Don't make a spectacle of yourself over it. What other "super secret rules" are there?

Calling me out? That what you think you are doing? That's hilarious. 
I've dealt with people like you before on the internet and even if I did explain everything to you, it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be satisfied.

So there no point, especially since you don't get that the "super secret rule" thing is more of a joke than anything else.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

It's completely random, but when I do post them it will be all matchups for the whole tournament. 

Calling me out? That what you think you are doing? That's hilarious. 
I've dealt with people like you before on the internet and even if I did explain everything to you, it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be satisfied.

So there no point, especially since you don't get that the "super secret rule" thing is more of a joke than anything else.

Of course it was a joke, but it was in poor taste. I've expressed my opinion, and going any deeper would do more harm than good for both of us.

4 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

In the good nature of competitive spirit would you like to declare how many VN's (and particularly the names / ordering info / guides  ?) that you intend to play over this season. 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CjShai said:

In the good nature of competitive spirit would you like to declare how many VN's (and particularly the names / ordering info / guides  1f61c.png) that you intend to play over this season. 

Answer: Unknown

I do have one you'll really enjoy though, even you could plat it without a guide.....hmm...probably

Edited by MrUnknown625
  • Like 1

Just now, CjShai said:

Goodluck @Mesopithecus, let's see if I can make you use all those prepped plats you seem to be hoarding,....... 1f61c.png

THTL plats....I think our fixture here is just outside the playoffs/finals so sadly won't get to use them.  I'm sure I can still find some trash from my backlog ?

Good luck too, should be an enjoyable league

• Like 1

Because @xZoneHunter asked ? here are the dates for each round.

Round Dates: All rounds are UTC 00:00 to UTC 00:00

1. 9/21 - 9/25
  2. 9/25 - 9/29
  3. 9/29 - 10/3
  4. 10/3 - 10/7
  5. 10/7 - 10/11
  6. 10/11 - 10/15
  7. 10/15 - 10/19
  8. 10/19 - 10/23
  9. 10/23 - 10/27
  10. 10/27 - 10/31
  11. 10/31 - 11/4