The straw that broke the camel's back....

I'm 1 trophy from platinum, having to get 3 stars in ALL special events makes me rage, braking bad drifting is BS. The worse part is I have to somehow get 1 million in 90 seconds as the final drift! It's like the devs for this game are LOL at ppl trying to plat this game......

I don't know, I don't wanna give up, but this $hit isn't fun and I'm getting canker sores. Looking at last year's videos ppl were lucky to get easy drift exploits and easy races, now it's like they ramp the difficulty up rage quit levels. 

^what they said. Find the right groove and car, and you should be able to drift that whole track multiple times without breaking your drift, allowing you to pass the time limit by a lot.

it's been a while, but if i remember correctly i did not use a supercar for that one, i think it was a street racer.

Edited by danceswithsloths

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 11:14 PM, Mur-cie-lago said:

I'm 1 trophy from platinum, having to get 3 stars in ALL special events makes me rage, braking bad drifting is BS. The worse part is I have to somehow get 1 million in 90 seconds as the final drift! It's like the devs for this game are LOL at ppl trying to plat this game......

I don't know, I don't wanna give up, but this $hit isn't fun and I'm getting canker sores. Looking at last year's videos ppl were lucky to get easy drift exploits and easy races, now it's like they ramp the difficulty up rage quit levels. 

I can understand the devs removing the donut exploit, but I agree it was a dick move not to add a difficulty option. Ramping up the difficulty by lowering event times and adding BS mechanics to the AI left me feeling cheated.

Have you tried adjusting the stats on your cars for drifting? Both the guides that I read said to lower all stats. I kept my acceleration maxed and lowered top speed and handling to a minimum. Experiment and use what works best for you. I felt all the drift events were very doable with a little practice.

On 9/6/2017 at 11:31 PM, danceswithsloths said:

^what they said. Find the right groove and car, and you should be able to drift that whole track multiple times without breaking your drift, allowing you to pass the time limit by a lot.

it's been a while, but if i remember correctly i did not use a supercar for that one, i think it was a street racer.

You can't change the car for special events.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I gave up on the drift events. Then I was told that you can degrade the handling of your set car for an event and put drift tires on. I thought the car was locked for some reason. Went back two days ago and tidies up all the drift events easily after this. For this last race, as has been said above, you can just drift around and entire lap after the clock runs down.